Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-08-2008, 05:02 PM

cat, you sttuuttered a ffeww tttimes

Yeah, my thought on it is pretty clear. It's my hunting picture, if you dont like it, dont look at it. The fact that someone went out of there way to post a pic simply so thye could bitch about it simply shows the pleasure those types take in stirring up controversy.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:20 PM

So I guess you're all a bunch of beer chugging can-out-the-window flinging slob hunters. Typical of hunting forums, sad to say. And the good guy hunters that promote an ETHICAL view of this sport just shrug their shoulders and keep quiet because everyone knows, you can't fix stupid.

Ethics aren't a buzzword, by the way, they're something you adopt through knowledge and respect for yourself and the environment you share with the animals you hunt.

Ethics can't be obtained without respect. And I see a whole lot of disrespect being spewed in this thread. Too bad that people feel the need to assert their dominance over an animal by such slob acts. Probably the same guys that shoot magnums. Makes their nads swell bigger than the next guy's.

Tako out

Why do I bother with hunting forums?
Old 05-08-2008, 06:32 PM

tako ethics may come with respect but no matter what you ethics are going to differ even if only slightly from everyone else, no two peoples ethcis are exactly the same. If you dont like the picture dont look at it, trying to push your ethics onto someone else is just going to p*** you and the other guy off and no one will come out ahead. It may be true that some on here may lack some ethics that others have, but it is a picture. I dont know how that pic can be viewed to the people showing their dominance over the bear, are they hovering over the bear, kicking the bear, sitting on the bear, or anyother such activity? I agree that the pic does disrupt the reverence of the animal but it cant be changed and it is something you will either have to accept or stop looking at because no matter what you do someone is going to view the pic different than you do.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:39 PM

I guess I'm just a fckin hippy
Old 05-08-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
cat, you sttuuttered a ffeww tttimes
I tend to do that ! ( dyslexia an' all that)
Sometimes I have to look at soemthing four or five times before it looks right.
Tried spellcheck - drove me nutz!
You wanna try looking at a hazy sight picture through the irons some days , people wonder why I say I just "use the force" - it's because with my bifocals and dyslexia, coupled with mirage, I just let everything go fuzzy and shoot!
Sorry for the hijack, back to our regular thread.

FWIW, I don't drink, don't litter, and don't smoke.
I don't care who does, as long as they don't drink around me when they are handling firearms.
I was taught not to get bent put of shape when I see things like this, because even though I would not do it, many would.
I'm not about to go off on a rant about how we should start to change the World.

I don't take risky shots, hunt mainly with a single shots, and don't push the envelope as far as the law goes.
Oh ya, I've also passed up cranker bucks purposely to shoot a smaller one, but don't mind if others don't.
Ii shoot does as well, another thing some won't do.....
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 05-08-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:54 PM

Tacko, fack o.

Ok, now that i got that out of the way, you crack me up. Painting everyone who does not mind beer in a hunt camp as unethical beer chugging slobs. In my camps, beer comes out after guns go away, period. Nobody said these guys were ****ed up when they shot the bear, they just decided a picture of there favorite things was appropriate. Notice many of the beer are un-opened. They are still of value, so perhaps this was there idea of a shrine in respect of the bear. if the bear was a haphazardly strewn carcass amidst a pile of empties, that would be a different story.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tako View Post
I guess I'm just a fckin hippy
yaaaay another one for me to hang with hahaha....see tree we are growing in numbers!!

as for the picture....i just don't understand what people think is funny about it?...not my style of humor that is for sure. but then again i don't drink...maybe that is why i don't get it??.......just seems like a waste of time and effort to do it to me. but if people want to take pics like that..and they are within the law.....go for it, i guess.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Tacko, fack o.

Ok, now that i got that out of the way, you crack me up. Painting everyone who does not mind beer in a hunt camp as unethical beer chugging slobs. In my camps, beer comes out after guns go away, period. Nobody said these guys were ****ed up when they shot the bear, they just decided a picture of there favorite things was appropriate. Notice many of the beer are un-opened. They are still of value, so perhaps this was there idea of a shrine in respect of the bear. if the bear was a haphazardly strewn carcass amidst a pile of empties, that would be a different story.
I don't really get why you defend people like that when you have a really classy B&W pic of an decent speedgoat in your avatar. Clearly you understand the basics of respecting your trophy.

I'd also like to reiterate, the bear appears to be POACHED, as it is much younger than a 2yr old
Old 05-08-2008, 08:11 PM

I think i'm classy too, thanks. Oh, and i am not particualrly defending these guys, i am just sick of "ethic police" running amok, telling everyone if they take issue with anything, that is all.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:12 PM

Quote:
I'd also like to reiterate, the bear appears to be POACHED, as it is much younger than a 2yr old
Tell us exactly how old that bear is and back up your facts.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:32 PM

this is not bear hunting. this is some numbnut's idea of a funny photo. stuff like this ventures very far from the concept of hunting and people like that usually end up getting what's coming to them.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
I think i'm classy too, thanks. Oh, and i am not particualrly defending these guys, i am just sick of "ethic police" running amok, telling everyone if they take issue with anything, that is all.
well the thread did ask us our opinion....???...opinions would be based on our own personal set of ethics, morals and values...no?
Old 05-08-2008, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootermcgavin View Post
I took the photo.

It is in BC, it was a large group of young hunters - I had no relationship with any of them.

The bear cub head is propped up for display only. The hide is elsewhere (if they even bothered with it) and the meat is under snow in a different area.

The problem I had with the situation is that the bear was tiny.
I guess everyone was so balls deep in their own testosterone they missed this post.

I am not the ethics police. I find the photo pathetic and completely classless. No doubt these are the same tools who I follow down dirt roads picking up bottles and cans!!!! I am done with this BS. Grow up and get some class!
Old 05-08-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
I tend to do that ! ( dyslexia an' all that)
Sometimes I have to look at soemthing four or five times before it looks right.
Tried spellcheck - drove me nutz!
You wanna try looking at a hazy sight picture through the irons some days , people wonder why I say I just "use the force" - it's because with my bifocals and dyslexia, coupled with mirage, I just let everything go fuzzy and shoot!
Sorry for the hijack, back to our regular thread.

FWIW, I don't drink, don't litter, and don't smoke.
I don't care who does, as long as they don't drink around me when they are handling firearms.
I was taught not to get bent put of shape when I see things like this, because even though I would not do it, many would.
I'm not about to go off on a rant about how we should start to change the World.

I don't take risky shots, hunt mainly with a single shots, and don't push the envelope as far as the law goes.
Oh ya, I've also past up cranker bucks purposely to shoot a smaller one, but don't mind if others don't.
Ii shoot does as well, another thing some won't do.....
Cat
Ah Cat this explains a lot once new a guy very vey cross eyed says he got twice as many bulls eyes as anyone else and twice as much game just the second one always dressed out real light.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:34 PM

tako that post doesnt prove that it is in fact poached, and it still looks like the hide is on the bear, just what i see tho
Old 05-09-2008, 08:33 AM

What 7 RM said. And as far as being asked opinions, sure, i suppose it was asked here, but the holier than thou attitude travels throughout the board. A guy postst a pic of his wife/girlfriend out shooting gophers, and one nazi has to pipe up and scream about safety glasses, ear protection, finger position and muzzle direction. Those are the types i'm sick of. Also, the post asked if it was bear hunting, i awnsered that in my original reply.

Now shooter SAYS he took the picture, and SAYS it was in BC and also SAYS the head is detached from the cape. He also says that the meat is preserved elsewhere. Well i know in BC it is law to take the meat on a bear, but if these guys are taking care of it, perhaps they were meat hunters, and not looking for a trophy, or trophy photo, but rather a picture they could laugh about. Sense of humor is very much like taste in women, everybody's different.
Also, i see fur on either side of the head, like shoulders or front legs or something, making it hard to believe that "The hide is elsewhere (if they even bothered with it)" Which in turn, makes it hard to believe any character from happy gilmore was ever there.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:53 AM

I see a lot of charactar judgement based on the picture....

I have changed the term ethics police to Ethics Nazi They are her in great number....

here is a charactar judgement i have on the Ethics Nazi....

I was on my home from work, going past neighbours place where I have permission and see moose so i pull into the approach, get out load rifle and shoot the moose from inside the fence line..... Punch my tag (BC) go and get neighbours tractor and front end loader... again with permissin and come back and raise the moose and am skinning and gutting it....

I am busy gutting it when along comes an executive member of the rod and gun club and gives me crap for shooting from the road... then he gives me crap for skinning before gutting (i do it this way as it is faster to skin and keeps hair off of the meat) and for leaving guts in a pile in the field (neighbour and I use it for wolf and coyote bait)... .He also gave me crap for shooting it in the head!....I told him i did that because the moose was close, and all i had was my .243.... that really set him off... he stormed off....then he comes back with the FW officer and tells the officer i shot this moose from the road.

I show the officer the scene and where the moose was actually shot (blood spatter present ) it was impossible to shoot from road through the bush... you could see moose but not shoot it!....

Now the fun begins I tall the officer to arrest this ethics Nazi for trespassing, and for being a public nuisance because he made a false report based on assumption. He never saw what happened just assumed!...This ethics nazi then gets indignant and the officer tells him to exit the property.

Days go by and the ethics nazi is arrested for shooting at a deer decoy, from the road, in a no shooting zone within 200 yards of a dwelling and where there is a 400m no hunting buffer from the road. along with three other executive of the rod and gun club!.....

So more days go by and at the annual awards dinner he had to hand me a trophy for my moose (it was 54") and as he hands it to me I said.....

"So drive by (his new nickname) how does it feel to find out you are one of the biggest hypocrites"

So if i am hard on the Ethics Nazi's it is because I usually find they are the worst offenders!..... I usually find that someone who is accusing someone of having their hand in the cookie jar it is because if they were in the same position they would jave their hand in the same jar!....

We always view other people's motive with a lot of subjectivity and judge people by our own intents, thoughts, and actions.....

one last thing on Ethics Nazi's.......
They usually are in doubt of their own ethics and need to preach to others and force them on others so that they can feel justified!

I am fairly confident in my ethics and understand they are different than other people's and leave it at that. the only time I may be in a confrontation with someone is if they are doing something illegal or personally affecting me in another way. For example someone with permission on the same land using my treestand when i intend to use it...... Not illegal but wrong!....
Old 05-09-2008, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekred View Post
WTF OKO.......

You and I actually agree on something!......

i must be way in the wrong!....
Hey, if you're cheating off my test, you probably are
Old 05-09-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
So I guess you're all a bunch of beer chugging can-out-the-window flinging slob hunters.
You really do love to insult anyone who disagrees with you.

As a matter of fact, I would never do anything like what is portrayed in that picture. I don't display my kills. I have nothing on my walls. I don't trophy hunt. I've never even taken a single picture of anything I've ever shot or hooked. That's my ethics. Maybe they will change oneday, I don't know. But I'm not going to jump down another guy's throat and insult him because his are different. I may disagree and point out some of the consequences of his position, if there are any, but hopefully respectfully. As long as it's legal and the animal is taken quickly and humanely I'm not real hung up on what a person does with some hide or meat or antlers afterwards.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:42 PM

Nekred, one of the best stories i heard in a while. Sounds like you brought down the reich!!!LOL
Old 05-09-2008, 01:55 PM

No that was my grandfather and a few friends.....

but when we instil our ethics and values on someone else and take it to the extreme a holocaust can result!....

I beleive every person in grade 11 should have to see Schindler's list and Saving Private Ryan to maybe get a bit of an understanding of how much we have to appreciatte, and the cost it took!.....

One thing I plan to do one day is take my kids to visit Aushwitz and the graves of 5 relative in Europe so they understand a bit and too will vow that .... "nevair agin.......so long as der is breat in me body I will combat evil"
Old 05-09-2008, 03:11 PM

80 + replies and 2,100 views on this BS post,
Shame on us, ya me too.

TBark
Old 05-09-2008, 03:14 PM

low class picture!
Old 05-09-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300 wsm View Post
low class picture!
Ya,not my cup of tea.That is not bear hunting.Lack of respect for animal no matter how you slice it.JMO so leave it at that.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:45 PM

Nekred you go on beating the ethics nazi c rap to death. I'll be the guy behind you picking up your god dam beer cans wile you scream at me for being ethical.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Nekred you go on beating the ethics nazi c rap to death. I'll be the guy behind you picking up your god dam beer cans wile you scream at me for being ethical.
The whole ethics nazi thing is His own opinion and he is aloud to have it.
Just as my opinion is i think the pic shows no respect for the animal.Nekred, you do your thing i'll do mine.I think is what your saying?If so, maybe don't get so defencive about the ethics.I hope you don't feel the need to reply in a hasty way as i'm just trying to see it from all sides.Is that not the reason for this Forum?I'm sick of the Neg BS. drama, sells like sex don't it?
Old 05-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Banned

Seems most here have skipped over the fact that the "hunters" who shot this bear did not take the picture. How does anyone know if they took any pictures of the bear head in their camp? I am not saying anything right or wrong about the folks, but it seems a lot of people are getting pretty burned about them taking a picture that they didn't take.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindalbakken View Post
Seems most here have skipped over the fact that the "hunters" who shot this bear did not take the picture. How does anyone know if they took any pictures of the bear head in their camp? I am not saying anything right or wrong about the folks, but it seems a lot of people are getting pretty burned about them taking a picture that they didn't take.
Excellent observation
Old 05-10-2008, 07:50 AM

Tako, i just do not get how you assume that anyone who does not take issue is just some swine who is going to head out into the forest andget ****ed up, leave empties everywhere, wreck the forest, kill what they are after and leave. Aside from flat grass where a tent was, and a fire ring, you would never be able to tell my campsites from the rest of the bush that surrounds them. Your constant generalization destroys your credibility, i'm afraid. Go goosestep for someone else, because i see you as full of it.

Vindalbakken also raises a good point. Lets say shooter did take the picture, where did it mention he was asked to. Normally in a "goof" picture like that, you put on your big retard smile and cozy up around the bear as a crew. Maybe they had already built the snow pile to keep the drinks cold, and then placed the bear on top. Thats when shooter swung by, got all knicker-knotted, and took a picture. He then began circulating that picture to others with a long story about his moral superiorty. It ended up here, and now debate has erupted.

Just speculation of course
Old 05-10-2008, 09:20 AM
Hoochie Papa

How can some people be so quick to TELL everyone else the ethics that these guys possess. Not one person here has given us the details of the hunt. It may have been the greatest bear hunt ever reorded. We don't know.

Are you guys (and you know who you are) THAT high on yourself, THAT conceited, ALL knowing, super detectives that can decipher the previous days' every detail by looking at a stupid picture? Maybe your stunning intellect and insight would be better used solving murders and finding kidnapped children.

If those guys want to show respect for the bear by partying with it and saying "thanks for giving us a great hunt", then party on.

I know when I am laying dead, there will be some pictures of my friends around me drinking beer and celebrating the times we had together.

And stop ****ing and moaning when someone else doesn't agree with your definition of "ethics". Who says you are right anyways?