Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-15-2007, 12:06 PM

Default Ice auger tune up.

I have an old ?Eskimo? power auger that is in desperate need of a tune up.
Any suggestions on a place in CALGARY I could get it looked at and maybe sharpened?
Old 12-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Banned

Can't help with the tune up but from my experience it doesn't pay to sharpen your blades for the very little in price difference go new.. Nothing cuts like the factory edge to me their worth it..
Old 12-15-2007, 07:00 PM

Action Engines in SE Calgary...Can't remember number but they're in the book.
Ritchie's Mobile Marine. He is located in Airdrie. He took over Rogie's Rod and Reel. He used to be mobile and services all types of small Engines (Lawnmowers, Gas Augers , etc) but since he took over the business he is stuck in Airdrie..
As for sharpening old blades, better off to buy new Blades if possible. If not, call up a Skate Sharpening place as some can or direct you to one that can.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:42 PM

Default tune up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris89lx View Post
I have an old ?Eskimo? power auger that is in desperate need of a tune up.
Any suggestions on a place in CALGARY I could get it looked at and maybe sharpened?
get the number off the carb, go to napa and buy the diaphram and the fuel pump diapham. If al else fails then get the whole carb kit. The entire kit sold be no more than 35bux. take out the high and low scews and clean it up real good. Install the kit and the new needle valve, use all the new gaskets that are the same as yor old ones.When its all back together screw the high and low screws in until the gentle seat then turn them out 1 turn, run it till its warm,then turn the low screw slowly either way until you hit the highest idle now hold the throttle right to the pin and turn the high screw in or out until you reach the highest rev then turn it out real slow until it starts to miss just a little, redo the low one again. (lol of course you changed the spark plug and cleaned the air filter first) also never, never use champion plugs. This is the best tune up you can get and will save ya a 100 bux