Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-28-2020, 01:13 PM

Default Game Warden Magazine

Just read the summer 2020 issue and it appears one of our past members got a few pages of recognition. $25,000 in fines seems a mite light for the number of charges to me.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitw View Post
Just read the summer 2020 issue and it appears one of our past members got a few pages of recognition. $25,000 in fines seems a mite light for the number of charges to me.
Beat me to it. Yep a good read and a good magazine. His personal licence suspension should have matched the outfitter suspension. He got off way to lightly but at least with all the adjournments his liar got for him, the case did not get thrown out which could have been a reality.. Delay delay is the key for these types.

He can always go guide in BC though

It would be great if a member here could post the article on this thread. I don't have the computer savvy to do it.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:42 PM

What are the suspensions and for how long?
Old 05-28-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Blake View Post
Beat me to it. Yep a good read and a good magazine. His personal licence suspension should have matched the outfitter suspension. He got off way to lightly but at least with all the adjournments his liar got for him, the case did not get thrown out which could have been a reality.. Delay delay is the key for these types.

It would be great if a member here could post the article on this thread. I don't have the computer savvy to do it.
I’ll have to get myself a copy to see for myself.

BW
Old 05-28-2020, 06:47 PM

Quote:

Can't do it. The story does not appear online. Have to have the hard copy magazine.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:12 PM

Quote:

Don't think B.C. would want him either, should have been a Canadian wide ban and also no trapping.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:35 AM

What member was it?
Can someone give me a nudge in the right direction?
Old 05-29-2020, 05:15 AM

We all tipped our hats to him every time he posted on A/O as he was living our dream . Shooting many sheep and going to Africa .
It is a sad day when some thing like this happens.
I don't know if he ran all his hunts like this or it was a one time thing.
I am sure this will follow him for the rest of his life .
The fine is only a small portion .
Family , friends and work place all know what he has done.
He might of even lost his job as Firer department Captain .
We always need to do the right thing.
I have to feel a little sorry for this guy .
Rest in peace .

Last edited by -JR-; 05-29-2020 at 05:28 AM.
Old 05-29-2020, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage 13 View Post
Don't think B.C. would want him either, should have been a Canadian wide ban and also no trapping.
The ban is country wide. If your suspended here your not supposed to obtain a hunting license in any Provence. Also I’m pretty sure your not to obtain any hunting license in USA.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
We all tipped our hats to him every time he posted on A/O as he was living our dream . Shooting many sheep and going to Africa .
Rest in peace .
How can you feel sorry for Phil? He is a poacher plain and simple. It’d be interesting to know if his sheep and how many deer that he had pics of a bait piles were legally shot.

Last edited by sns2; 05-29-2020 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKILR View Post
The ban is country wide. If your suspended here your not supposed to obtain a hunting license in any Provence. Also I’m pretty sure your not to obtain any hunting license in USA.
Is that a fact or just what you think ?
Old 05-29-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
Rest in peace .
Definitely a face palm moment!! Please read the article. If I had a scanner I would certainly try to post it.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:19 AM

He will have payed a much higher price and lost his Trapline which was origionaly advertised in $100,000 range on the Little Smokey River. You are unable to hold a RFMA trapline if charged for major wildlife offence in Alberta.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZR View Post
How can you feel sorry for Phil? He is a poacher plain and simple. It’d be interesting to know if his sheep and how many deer that he had pics of a bait piles were legally shot.
The same can be said about another high profile member that has wildlife violations and who doesn’t post here anymore. How many of these great hunts they used to brag about here possibly were done illegally or with illegal tactics? Taints what could have been an impressive hunting legacy.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZR View Post
Exactly, he brought this all on himself, and now everyone will wonder how many other illegal acts he committed.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Exactly, he brought this all on himself, and now everyone will wonder how many other illegal acts he committed.
He's probably reading this and fuming. I don't imagine we can look forward to a condemnation of his actions from APOS either.

Grizz
Old 05-29-2020, 09:50 AM

I was in the camp that liked seeing his hunting and trapping posts as he seemed to be living the dream doing all those hunts and sure had some wicked trophies to show for it. What I never liked was his online attitude. Came across as pretty high and almighty and sure preached the rules to be followed.

Now after his convictions, all those trophies have an asterisk beside them.

He did the crime and will now pay for that in may ways over and above what the courts put on him.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
The same can be said about another high profile member that has wildlife violations and who doesn’t post here anymore. How many of these great hunts they used to brag about here possibly were done illegally or with illegal tactics? Taints what could have been an impressive hunting legacy.
Kind of funny that one gets repeatedly lynched and the other is still thought of as a hunting god and he wasn’t found guilty of breaking wildlife offences on one occasion but two separate times.

I think of both Phil and Pat in the same context. Both guilty of breaking wildlife offences which as outdoorsmen we should all condemn but at the same time it’s not like either one of them are convicted child offenders.

Don't do the crime if you can’t do the time. In my mind Phil has by far paid a higher price though.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
Kind of funny that one gets repeatedly lynched and the other is still thought of as a hunting god and he wasn’t found guilty of breaking wildlife offences on one occasion but two separate times.

I think of both Phil and Pat in the same context. Both guilty of breaking wildlife offences which as outdoorsmen we should all condemn but at the same time it’s not like either one of them are convicted child offenders.

Don't do the crime if you can’t do the time. In my mind Phil has by far paid a higher price though.
Agreed....
Old 05-29-2020, 12:32 PM

Default Game warden magazine

Now if they could put the screws to Cody Cassidy that would be another profound poacher and wildlife abuser taken care of. The rodeo association should boot him out too for his wildlife offences. APOS must be proud of him.
Old 05-29-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
He's probably reading this and fuming. I don't imagine we can look forward to a condemnation of his actions from APOS either.

Grizz
Not a chance of that, a former APOS president was a convicted poacher, and a director is likely the most convicted poacher in Alberta.
Old 05-29-2020, 01:42 PM

Haven't we beat this topic into the ground enough? Time to move on.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:29 PM

"Unjust f and w fines" has been piling on for three pages now.
This one has a lot further to go.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:22 PM

If a hunter makes a minor slip up once, it's a lot easier to forgive than the guys with multiple serious convictions. Those guys deserve a regular reminding that what they did was wrong.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:25 PM

Quote:
I disagree strongly. This topic has had a lid slapped on it by AO for as long as it has been around. Why?
Probably because It’s kind of embarrassing for the membership that used to lick his boots all the time only to find out that person was unethical and people had him pegged wrong and his character wasn’t what he portrayed to everyone. But hey I’m sure it was only that one time right??
Old 05-29-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Haven't we beat this topic into the ground enough? Time to move on.
I agree. He went to court got his sentence, time to move on.

I do not agree with what he did, but beating the dust out of carpet on AO isn't going to change a dam thing. Everyone keeps repeating themselves over and over and over and over.

It's time to move on, I'm sure the perp has and likely planning a goose hunt in Saskatchewan or somewhere

BW
Old 05-29-2020, 11:42 PM

Quote:
I disagree strongly. This topic has had a lid slapped on it by AO for as long as it has been around. Why?
Because the Illuminati started making death threats against all the mods' dogs.
And we love our dogs
Old 05-30-2020, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
Is that a fact or just what you think ?
Read the very first paragraph in the Alberta Hunting regulations.... Geez Whelen I thought you knew your stuff. But I guess everyone should re-read the regulations from time to time.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:29 AM

I usually do every year don't have a paper copy this year yet. I hope that's the case that's how it should be Canada wide

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 05-30-2020, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKILR View Post
Read the very first paragraph in the Alberta Hunting regulations.... Geez Whelen I thought you knew your stuff. But I guess everyone should re-read the regulations from time to time.
This is what I found doesn't say anything about Canada wide, provinces, is there another Peace I missed.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk