Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-17-2020, 03:56 PM

Default How good is your mail delivery

I'm thinking of ordering some stuff from eastern Canada but I'm worried about how long it will take for the posties to deliver my package.
Along the same line, I was thinking of ordering some goodies from Sinclair International is the US but I'm concerned about the package getting lost somewhere along the way.
So, what experience have AO members had with length of time for mail deliveries?
Thanks
Bill
Old 04-17-2020, 03:59 PM

I haven't noticed any glitches recently with mail or any other delivery service.
Old 04-17-2020, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow Town Bill View Post
I'm thinking of ordering some stuff from eastern Canada but I'm worried about how long it will take for the posties to deliver my package.
Along the same line, I was thinking of ordering some goodies from Sinclair International is the US but I'm concerned about the package getting lost somewhere along the way.
So, what experience have AO members had with length of time for mail deliveries?
Thanks
Bill
I get deliveries out of Walpole Massachusetts every week and not seen one problem yet. Hopefully it continues
Old 04-17-2020, 04:42 PM

Timing is normal for the mail once it gets into the post office however Amazon.ca says it is sending out purchases in order of peoples immediate needs. If you order a book or a DVD it might take up to 3 weeks to arrive. I have stuff from them that I ordered 8 days ago and it hasn't been shipped yet.
Old 04-17-2020, 05:07 PM

I get my edibles delivered the very next day. Kudos to Canada Post.
Old 04-17-2020, 05:11 PM

Well after the 5 day off during Easter, everything is all as it was before, still great service.
Old 04-17-2020, 05:12 PM
Banned

I'm in Edmonton. A customer of mine in Calgary sent me a package Wednesday..it arrived this morning.
Old 04-18-2020, 07:20 AM

I have shipped a bunch of stuff over the past month, all within Canada. Expedited parcel is being delivered in the usual time frames, but Canada post will not guarantee delivery window right now, nor will they get a signature on delivery so save yourself the cost of that service if shipping.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Hardin View Post
Timing is normal for the mail once it gets into the post office however Amazon.ca says it is sending out purchases in order of peoples immediate needs. If you order a book or a DVD it might take up to 3 weeks to arrive. I have stuff from them that I ordered 8 days ago and it hasn't been shipped yet.
CP is normal shipping recieved a few items tracking was exactly right, a sausage stuffer from Amazon has been sitting for 5 days so far deemed non essential I guess.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:29 AM

This has no bearing on shipping with Canada Post but Amazon is WAY behind. Took over two weeks to ship from date of order, ordered on Apr 2 got shipping confirmation this morning, on something that fall in the essential category.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:37 AM

I have had no problems with CP but Amazon had been slow to ship. Still waiting for them to ship some competition dies that I ordered March 31. Oh well, no big deal.

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 04-18-2020, 09:57 AM

Default Late

Canada Post
Insurance letter dated Mar. 20 2020
Received April 17 2020
Metered postal stamp so I can't tell the date it was put in the mailbox

Last edited by Whipper Billy; 04-18-2020 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-18-2020, 12:02 PM

Default Canada Post

Thanks everyone for your input. Looks like, for the most part, that CP is working well.
I had concerns because I was going to buy a few things from Amazon but delivery was at least 3 weeks---I'll wait until normal conditions prevail, whenever that may be.
Bill
Old 04-18-2020, 01:28 PM

Default Mail

In LacLaBiche area I often get other peoples mail, when I return it to the post office, they act like its no big deal. Makes me wonder about my own mail.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:35 PM

Default Mail delivery

Thought I would share my experiences over the past 5 weeks.
I got a letter delivered to Toronto in 5 days.
A letter from Oklahoma took 2 weeks.
And for a parcel from Sinclair in Iowa, its 4 weeks and I'm still waiting. The clerk at Sinclairs told me they have been shipping regularly to Canada but couldn't say how long it would take. Good thing I'm not in a hurry.
Let us know of your experiences, good or bad.
Bill
Old 05-29-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow Town Bill View Post
Thanks
Bill
My latest Sinclair order took two months to get here. I can shoot out a barrel in that amount of time. Lol.

-Billy Molls
Old 05-29-2020, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
This has no bearing on shipping with Canada Post but Amazon is WAY behind. Took over two weeks to ship from date of order, ordered on Apr 2 got shipping confirmation this morning, on something that fall in the essential category.
I just keep getting “Amazon does not ship this item to your location”.

-Billy Molls
Old 05-29-2020, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Odd, I ordered a few items from Amazon Wednesday night and they were on their way the next morning. Guaranteed to arrive June 2nd.

CP on the other hand has been hit and miss. I had a parcel leave Peace River on a Friday and arrive in Medicine Hat three days later. My good friend Leo send two packages from the Edmonton area a week later that took close to 10 days to cover half the distance. Go figure.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I just keep getting “Amazon does not ship this item to your location”.
Use a buddies street address in town. PO boxes and a lot of country postal codes will trip that error code, mostly because their data base of locations is limited.

Lone Wolf

I agree, last two Amazon orders this week shipped immediately and one of the parcels actually showed up the next day. They must be catching up.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Hardin View Post
I ordered a pair of Ray Bans Monday...they were here Wednesday.
A lot depends on where they come from....Amazon warehouse seems pretty quick to ship....some stuff I’ve ordered from 3rd party vendors ran late.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:06 PM

I have an item coming to GP from Ontario. It was picked up from the retailer on May 19. Nothing happened until May 28, when it was processed in Mississauga. I'm assuming it's finally on the move. My wife had to ship a package to eastern Canada last week. CP told her it would be at least a month. She laughed at them, went to FedEx and shipped it for pretty much the same price as CP quoted. It arrived yesterday.

My latest Amazon order was shipped via courier. It arrived on time within the 2 day Prime delivery window.
Old 05-29-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Use a buddies street address in town. PO boxes and a lot of country postal codes will trip that error code, mostly because their data base of locations is limited.

Lone Wolf

I agree, last two Amazon orders this week shipped immediately and one of the parcels actually showed up the next day. They must be catching up.
I have a street address. It doesn’t care anymore.

-Billy Molls
Old 05-29-2020, 05:49 PM

Both parcel and letter delivery has been great with CP.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:00 PM

Noticed my deliveries are slowed down big time coming out of the eastern USA. 12 days for my last one.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:02 PM

Mine’s pretty awful. I sent my mom a Mother’s Day card a week in advance and it never showed up. 150km between houses.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:18 PM

I have not had a problem within Canada...............or China lol. But I have a package sitting at the airport in Perth Australia for 3 weeks waiting for airmail.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:41 PM

I ordered something from Trenton, its on its way here now. I ordered it mid April Hero Outdoors, never again I could have walked down and back faster

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 05-29-2020, 08:13 PM

Normally things are pretty good. And the post mistress in town is absolutely top notch!

Lately, I've had one parcel go missing for a month before it was found and delivered. And then recently I bought a pair of jeans that decided to take a cross country tour on what should have been a 100km delivery.

My local post office lady tells me she is handling more than double the amount of parcels over this time last year.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:07 PM

Been having issues with parcels getting stuck in Montreal. Had a guy from Ottawa mail me 2 packages. The large one went through Mississauga and got it last week. The other parcel (smaller) went through Montreal. Still "in transit". Also waiting for a scope stuck in Montreal.
Old 05-30-2020, 11:00 AM

My orders through Amazon took over 1 month, I have a mask order that is over 2 months now. I allow a month now as minimum delivery time. Hell even our old Sears catalogue orders were always delivered within 2 weeks. Looking forward to good old days when you bought something and had it in your truck in 5 minutes.