Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-29-2020, 11:58 PM

Default Deep dive into Trumps executive order on Social media

Caution this is not CNN or CBC this is Epoch times ,so if you are sensitive to reporting from other sources of info then don’t look. Joshua Phillips gives some good insights into Trumps Executive order in this video https://youtu.be/9keS0ffzS-k
Old 05-30-2020, 12:23 AM

The Epoch Times is a U.S. based international multi-language newspaper and media extension of the Falun Gong new religious movement.[4][5][6] The newspaper is part of the Epoch Media Group, which also operates New Tang Dynasty Television (NTD).[7] For its articles, the publication draws from a network within China, as well as staff living in the West.[8][9][10] The Epoch Times has been publishing in Chinese since May 2000. It is either sold or distributed free-of-charge in 35 countries, including various international regional editions. The Epoch Times websites are blocked in mainland China.

The media outlet is primarily known for promoting far-right politicians across Europe and the United States, and in particular for its promotion of U.S. President Donald Trump; a 2019 report showed it to be the second-largest funder of pro-Trump Facebook advertising after the Trump campaign.[11][12][13][14] The group's news sites and YouTube channels have spread conspiracy theories such as QAnon and anti-vaccination propaganda.[7][15][16] The organization frequently promotes other Falun Gong extensions, such as the performing arts wing of the new religious movement, Shen Yun.[4]

I will say that this is not a unbiased source - but I don't really have an issue with this perspective on this piece - and yes, I did watch it and considered it, and it's certainly leading ...... so as long as you are aware of who's feeding you, and you are aware of their agenda, that's OK.

Nevertheless, interesting.
Old 05-30-2020, 12:29 AM

Balances out the far left CNN ,MSNBC, NY Times,CBC, CTV, Tor Star, Yahoo news Anti Trump rhetoric

I think in this day and age there is no such thing as unbiased news sources on any front .