Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-29-2020, 11:46 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
You are making the mistake of assuming that all protesters are rioters rather than understanding that the rioters are a minority of protestors and looters are probably a smaller minority as well.

This is the same as calling all hockey fans looters because SOME Canuck fans decided to go on a tear in 2011.
easy on the canuck shot there...I got feelings. Dam Luongo!!!!!

but I hear what your saying...get a protest going or a march etc and then the dinks show up to stir the pot and it becomes a riot...best just get out before you are thought to be part of it.

had a buddy who was in Vancouver at the time and he said people actually eat this crap up...kinda odd how such an event can get someone all caught up in it...he said they bolted but it was unreal .

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-29-2020, 11:58 AM

Although I hate to see business get caught up in this, BUT do you guys think turdo would get away with half of the stunts he pulls if Canadian’s did the same? I think they are getting the message across far better then any Canadian will with these silly hold up a sign types we have in Canada.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:06 PM

Are you promoting the idea we should wreck and loot businesses because we don't like trudeau??????

OMG!!

back atcha!

i jest of course.......
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 05-29-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Are you promoting the idea we should wreck and loot businesses because we don't like trudeau??????

OMG!!

back atcha!

i jest of course.......
Should we do nothing? Hold up a sign and cry? How’s that worked for us so far? I’m not implying anything.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:32 PM

Globalnews.ca

@globalnews
·
5m

#BREAKING: The police officer involved in the fatal arrest of George Floyd has been charged in connection with his death, according to Minnesota authorities.
Old 05-29-2020, 12:39 PM

I am all for proper peaceful demonstrations against what was essentially a completely undemocratic order in Council that suppresses legal ownership.... Does an end run to pass legislation passed Parliament (dictatorship anyone???).

Here's what I honestly suggest..... and I'm being serious..... VERY SERIOUS

We purchase thousands of socks..... glue em up and cover them with sparkles ... and mass mail them to ALL our MP's to remind them that "they stand on Guard for US".

We commit civil disobedience by going to the Parliament Grounds every night and litter the whole place with these socks.......

We throw these socks at every MP (especially the Liberals) we see at public events.

We get kids to help with this.

Making anything illegal and costing 2 billion dollars and killing legit businesses overnight by creating laws that have NO democratic scrutiny. is wrong and cannot be tolerated without a reaction from the electorate.

This is a simple, yet I think effective way to stand up to the liberal party..... alot like the pie face campaigns of the 90's.

plus it stimulates the socks and decorations industries.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 05-29-2020, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerrat View Post
Globalnews.ca

@globalnews
·
5m

#BREAKING: The police officer involved in the fatal arrest of George Floyd has been charged in connection with his death, according to Minnesota authorities.
As he should be.
From the details I've read he should have been arrested later that day and charged with manslaughter.
Old 05-29-2020, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinelakeperch View Post
I don't think you're proving the point that you think you're proving. You said, and I quote, "I don't see the same infatuation coming from his fan base?".

There are plenty of non-Trump related threads that have the usual pro-Trump "fans" and the usual anti-Trump crowd. If you haven't witnessed them, that's fine, but they most certainly do exist.
You said, and I quote, "There are people on this forum who haven't done anything other than comment on Trump-related threads for months on end. Months of pro-Trump comments"

My point was that people that hate him seem to throw his name into every thread possible, even if it has nothing to do with him, in some attempt to blame him.
You replied with how many of his supporters comment on Trump-related threads (where they're supposed to).
Now you've changed your statement to "non-Trump related".

Regardless, I've observed what I have, and you've observed what you have. The main reason I posted in the first place is to make an attempt at pointing out to some posters how they are devaluing their opinions by coming off as infatuated.
Old 05-29-2020, 01:47 PM

Based on what I see (and there might be more to it) the cop(s) that killed that guy is a criminal. There was no point in continuing to have your knee on that guys neck to the point where the guy was killed.

The people who are setting fires, looting and acting like Thugs are criminals.

It makes it real tough to separate and support the protesters, when they are standing by and watching people do this right behind them.

If I was in their shoes I would simply move my protest in a location that isn't the street where these riots are occurring, denounce the actions of those thugs, and protest to demand change. That would garner the respect and support from joe public who is beginning to get turned off by this lawlessness.

Two wrongs don't make a right and retaliation with collateral damages to innocent businesses and people is unacceptable.

I have lived in the States and can tell you there are police (and entire detachments) that are racists who target minorities. I have seen it, witnessed it, and was shocked by how blatant it was. This needs to stop.

On the other hand the overwhelming majority of police forces and police people are not like that - a few bad apples, a few bad squads and the entire dynamic and perception creates this mess.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:28 PM

EZ... Your correct in a lot of that.
Now, for you northern friends.
This all start in a very bad part of Minneapolis. Most won't even drive thru there, especially at night. Where the looting is happening is down towards lake street where it is more affluent and the pickings are better. I know because a rental building of mine was burned last night. Great little business owned by a black couple now torched.
The whys. The Mayor of Minneapolis came out immediately after this tragedy happened and publicly started demanding murder charges against the police involved. That was the primary fuse. The governor did the same and also said people had the right to vent. There went the charge.
On top of this it is near the end of the month. There is always a heavy influx of minorities into those areas of Minneapolis from Milwaukee, Chicago, Quad cities and other places because Minnesota has a lucrative welfare system and those people double dip, living and collecting money out state then showing up here for more each month. Illegal as hell but what do the democrats in charge care, it buys votes.
So it's these transient thieves that have nothing to lose and encourage the violence.
Sadly retailers and others more than 20 miles from those bad areas are boarding up now.
The liberal way of handling this has been a disaster.

Osky
Old 05-29-2020, 04:21 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Unhappy

read:https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...cid=spartandhp

so why riot....it was coming...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-29-2020, 04:28 PM

While the Trump tweet was like any other Trump tweet, I'm laughing at the reaction. One does realize that it insinuates that this would be in reaction to crimes in progress, right? Its also rather obvious its a bit tongue-in-cheek, but for those who take everything literally, they must have problems interpreting other things as well, like humor. Its quite akin to a woman saying "If you try and rape me, I'll mace you!" and a person replying "She says she wants to mace me" which is admitting the intent to rape.....

Leftists losing their minds as they know the ghetto superstars will be a-lootin' and burning the city to ashes. And they'll fan the flames with left-wing hate (which is still hate, no matter what they think they're justified in doing)

Last edited by CaberTosser; 05-29-2020 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osky View Post
EZ... Your correct in a lot of that.
Now, for you northern friends.
This all start in a very bad part of Minneapolis. Most won't even drive thru there, especially at night. Where the looting is happening is down towards lake street where it is more affluent and the pickings are better. I know because a rental building of mine was burned last night. Great little business owned by a black couple now torched.
The whys. The Mayor of Minneapolis came out immediately after this tragedy happened and publicly started demanding murder charges against the police involved. That was the primary fuse. The governor did the same and also said people had the right to vent. There went the charge.
On top of this it is near the end of the month. There is always a heavy influx of minorities into those areas of Minneapolis from Milwaukee, Chicago, Quad cities and other places because Minnesota has a lucrative welfare system and those people double dip, living and collecting money out state then showing up here for more each month. Illegal as hell but what do the democrats in charge care, it buys votes.
So it's these transient thieves that have nothing to lose and encourage the violence.
Sadly retailers and others more than 20 miles from those bad areas are boarding up now.
The liberal way of handling this has been a disaster.

Osky
Agreed - the way the liberal government is handling it seems to me they accept and tolerate the "venting" of the citizens - which just entices more stupidity, looting and thugery. Some liberal media is making this into a Circus too with its coverage. Sad.

They would have been better off saying the officer will be investigated (and/or charged) and the protesters are welcome to peacefully protest - but the minute it becomes a riot the police will be arresting you.

We need to make it clear NOBODY is allowed to break the law, not a cop, and not a group of protesters. The constitution protects your rights to protest - it does not give you a free pass to break the law.

This same constitution and laws that underpin it will charge, convict and punish the officer if he is found guilty.

All this mess caused by a few bad cops who need to be in jail. Take the guy down, hog tie him and get him loaded and on his way to jail - can't understand what the point of that was. Made no sense to be kneeling on his neck for 5-7 minutes or whatever that was - that's simply ridiculous.

I lived in the mid west (both my kids born there) and the anger is real and the issue is real - bad cops make this so much worse and they need to be weeded out.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
While the Trump tweet was like any other Trump tweet, I'm laughing at the reaction. One does realize that it insinuates that this would be in reaction to crimes in progress, right? Its also rather obvious its a bit tongue-in-cheek, but for those who take everything literally, they must have problems interpreting other things as well, like humor. Its quite akin to a woman saying "If you try and rape me, I'll mace you!" and a person replying "She says she wants to mace me" which is admitting the intent to rape.....

Leftists losing their minds as they know the ghetto superstars will be a-lootin' and burning the city to ashes. And they'll fan the flames with left-wing hate (which is still hate, no matter what they think they're justified in doing)
It ridiculous to be blaming Trump for what he said - what are the cops supposed to do? let them burn, loot and destroy everything? of course not ..... if these thugs are thuging they should be arrested .... real simple.

Sure Trump could have chosen a different way to say it, but hey, that guy doesn't think before he opens his big mouth and has never chosen his words carefully. Even though he is largely right - that this looting, vandalism and unlawful rioting cannot be tolerated - he needs to be smart enough to know the liberal media would just eat this up like a free buffet.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:19 PM

Wouldn’t want to be that cop once he gets to prison. He’s gonna have a tough time if he is in gen pop at all. Could get rather tense for him lol
Old 05-29-2020, 06:31 PM

The US is a seething, festering boil ready to erupt. It's probably due for a civil war. The extreme partisan politics is to blame, Trump included. If people don't believe that the current political climate in the US is to blame for what's going on down there, they're kidding themselves and none of their political parties/leaders have clean hands. I'm neither right nor left, more center-right and as much as I dislike our current government, I'll take Canada any day over the US.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
The US is a seething, festering boil ready to erupt. It's probably due for a civil war. The extreme partisan politics is to blame, Trump included. If people don't believe that the current political climate in the US is to blame for what's going on down there, they're kidding themselves and none of their political parties/leaders have clean hands. I'm neither right nor left, more center-right and as much as I dislike our current government, I'll take Canada any day over the US.
Interesting but not totally correct. The political climate you allude to is actually the manufactured division of classes fostered by the liberal idea of a dependent class. They have developed the black minorities into nothing more than subservient voters. Take care and learn from us, I see many things happening in Canada going in the same direction.
When there are more people riding in the wagon than pulling, it goes nowhere.
Let's not forget the media in overdrive fanning the flames down here, we know their agenda and it doesn't matter who else is peripherally in the line of fire.

Osky
Old 05-29-2020, 06:50 PM

A pretty good narrative on the subject.

https://youtu.be/OhrvJfjqUiM

-Billy Molls
Old 05-29-2020, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Interesting but not totally correct. The political climate you allude to is actually the manufactured division of classes fostered by the liberal idea of a dependent class. They have developed the black minorities into nothing more than subservient voters. Take care and learn from us, I see many things happening in Canada going in the same direction.
Let's not forget the media in overdrive fanning the flames down here, we know their agenda and it doesn't matter who else is peripherally in the line of fire.

Osky
To corroborate your point on the liberal idea of a subservient voter, their presumed presidential nominee proved just that with his "you ain't black" comment this week. The party firmly believes that a certain segment of the population should vote for them automatically without any question. When called on it and facing political backlash they try to turn it into a joke and minimize the negative impact.

The media, well their roll in everything is obvious and it's no secret it has been significantly slanted to one side of the political spectrum.

Class warfare is the tool by which liberals will achieve whatever their goals are.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:07 PM

Quote:

Osky
I agree about the media as being guilty of inciting division. The rest is my opinion, you may not agree with it but it doesn't make me wrong, it just means my opinion is different than yours.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Wouldn’t want to be that cop once he gets to prison. He’s gonna have
a tough time if he is in gen pop at all. Could get rather tense for him lol
I sincerely hope he finds his destiny in gen pop to be..
a real.. pain.. in the left side of his rotten neck!