Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-20-2020, 01:30 PM

Default Warning - Buying and Selling to Quebec Residents

Between AO and CGN I have done well over 100 deals. Every single one of them went smooth as heck except for 3. Every one of the 3 problems lived in Quebec. Lucky enough I have not lost any money on them but the aggravation factor is huge.

The latest one was last week, I shipped a guy a Dillon Powder die. Total value 15 bucks. I have had 6 pms, and 8 emails from him because he can't wrap his head around the fact that those dies fit the 450, 550 and 650 presses. He is obsessed with the fact the package says 450 on it. I tried 4 times to get him to phone me, no dice. I offered him a full refund when the piece lands back in my mail and he is still bitching up a storm. Guaranteed any more Quebec buyers will be told to pound sand.
Old 10-20-2020, 01:59 PM

Sadly, Dean, I'm in the same boat, having problems with all deals involving Quebecers, rangers from "mint bores" with pitting, to "Bubba'd" repairs not mentioned. Nowadays, I just prefer to take my business elsewhere!
Old 10-20-2020, 02:05 PM

Hey, they voted Liberal, enough said.

Grizz
Old 10-20-2020, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Hey, they voted Liberal, enough said.

Grizz

Actually, they pretty much voted Bloc Quebecoir, so even worse.

Arctic

I know what you mean, I bought a Savage 24, 22/410 out of Quebec a few years ago, seller forgot to mention the massive chunk missing out of the stock right near the action, on his excellent condition gun. Did not show in the pictures, was obviously a different gun he took the pictures of. Lucky enough I got a stock out of Boyd's cheap and with a little judicious fitting got it to slide right on. Need to be pretty good with wood tools to do that though. Sold the gun a couple years later and got enough for it to cover the cost of fixing the stock so I basically got lucky and the demand for the 24 had really ramped up.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:21 PM

Its probably a language issue.

They think they understand but in reality thry dont.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2020, 02:24 PM

I don't buy or sell to Quebec residents, I even avoid X-reload now.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:31 PM

I'm same as you, Dean. Way north of 100 deals. Quebec was the only problem. I refuse to ever do a private deal with someone from Quebec.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:44 PM

Quebec's a whole different world. Too bad we couldn't saw it off and push it out into the Atlantic.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvr View Post
Quebec's a whole different world. Too bad we couldn't saw it off and push it out into the Atlantic.
Fracking technology is becoming better/better. It might happen, no wall required. Send it off by Newfoundland.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I don't buy or sell to Quebec residents, I even avoid X-reload now.
I like X-reload, but Their motto should be: “We sell everything but carry nothing”

-Billy Molls

Last edited by Pathfinder76; 10-21-2020 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-21-2020, 03:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I like X-reload, but Their motto should be: “We sell everything but carry nothing”
I like x load too
But their customer service sucks
Old 10-21-2020, 03:44 PM

Where’s Quebec?
Old 10-21-2020, 03:58 PM

I got pretty upset with myself for not checking seller location and beat myself up for a week because I thought I sent money to Shawinigan, PQ, I checked location after I sent the EMT. I kept thinking I sent money to The Little Man from Shawinigan! I was so relieved when I got the package and the return address was Shawnigan, BC. I had a good chuckle.

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 10-20-2020, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D View Post
Its probably a language issue.

They think they understand but in reality thry dont.

Oh it has NOTHING to do with language and everything to do with their attitude to others.

If only the fathers of Confederation knew who they were dealing with 200 years ago.

Drewski
Old 10-20-2020, 05:27 PM

I don't deal with Quebec residents or Quebec companies. They're the same as China in my books.
Old 10-20-2020, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
Oh it has NOTHING to do with language and everything to do with their attitude to others.

If only the fathers of Confederation knew who they were dealing with 200 years ago.

Drewski
Maybe some truth to this and there can be some some truths to groups of other populations but its not fair to paint everyone in any region as a bad apple with the same brush.

I go by trader rating and easier to sell than it is to buy. E transfer and ship. As a buyer, you have to trust the seller.

Old 10-20-2020, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D View Post
Maybe some truth to this and there can be some some truths to groups of other populations but its not fair to paint everyone in any region as a bad apple with the same brush.

I go by trader rating and easier to sell than it is to buy. E transfer and ship. As a buyer, you have to trust the seller.

Says the guy from Ontario...

Old 10-20-2020, 06:11 PM

2 off the best gun deals I ever made were guns I bought from fellows in Quebec. The one had no trader rating so I told him to send it COD. Rifle showed up in a locked case no COD. Key came by letter mail a day later. I sent him a money order and gave him heck.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy403 View Post
2 off the best gun deals I ever made were guns I bought from fellows in Quebec. The one had no trader rating so I told him to send it COD. Rifle showed up in a locked case no COD. Key came by letter mail a day later. I sent him a money order and gave him heck.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
They aren't all *****s, I worked in Quebec for quite a while and met many great people. They do however have a different version of truth in advertising and there are a disproportionate number of scammers. One guy I had a problem with had 300 positive trade ratings. He got banned 6 months after I had problems.s with him and it turns out there were a whole bunch of other guys like me, so u can't even take trader ratings as unvarnished truth, This guy obviously had issues or financial problems and turned bad for some reason. Finally worked it out with the idiot that bought the powder die but long and short,, last deal I do with someone from Quebec.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
One guy I had a problem with had 300 positive trade ratings. He got banned 6 months after I had problems.s with him and it turns out there were a whole bunch of other guys like me, so u can't even take trader ratings as unvarnished truth, This guy obviously had issues or financial problems and turned bad for some reason.
Very True, Oldgutpile got scammed by a guy from B.C. with good trader ratings and I was one of those ratings!
he asked me about him, and I told him I had several dealings with the guy with no issues, the last one being a pretty high end gun with O/U rifle and shotgun barrels and a set of 228 gauge tubes as well as a QD scope mount!
I don't think the guy ever has resurfaced, althoough he may be on a different site other than what I frequent.
Cat