Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-20-2020, 01:30 PM

Default Warning - Buying and Selling to Quebec Residents

Between AO and CGN I have done well over 100 deals. Every single one of them went smooth as heck except for 3. Every one of the 3 problems lived in Quebec. Lucky enough I have not lost any money on them but the aggravation factor is huge.

The latest one was last week, I shipped a guy a Dillon Powder die. Total value 15 bucks. I have had 6 pms, and 8 emails from him because he can't wrap his head around the fact that those dies fit the 450, 550 and 650 presses. He is obsessed with the fact the package says 450 on it. I tried 4 times to get him to phone me, no dice. I offered him a full refund when the piece lands back in my mail and he is still bitching up a storm. Guaranteed any more Quebec buyers will be told to pound sand.
Old 10-20-2020, 01:59 PM

Sadly, Dean, I'm in the same boat, having problems with all deals involving Quebecers, rangers from "mint bores" with pitting, to "Bubba'd" repairs not mentioned. Nowadays, I just prefer to take my business elsewhere!
Old 10-20-2020, 02:05 PM

Hey, they voted Liberal, enough said.

Grizz
Old 10-20-2020, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Hey, they voted Liberal, enough said.

Grizz

Actually, they pretty much voted Bloc Quebecoir, so even worse.

Arctic

I know what you mean, I bought a Savage 24, 22/410 out of Quebec a few years ago, seller forgot to mention the massive chunk missing out of the stock right near the action, on his excellent condition gun. Did not show in the pictures, was obviously a different gun he took the pictures of. Lucky enough I got a stock out of Boyd's cheap and with a little judicious fitting got it to slide right on. Need to be pretty good with wood tools to do that though. Sold the gun a couple years later and got enough for it to cover the cost of fixing the stock so I basically got lucky and the demand for the 24 had really ramped up.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:21 PM

Its probably a language issue.

They think they understand but in reality thry dont.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2020, 02:24 PM

I don't buy or sell to Quebec residents, I even avoid X-reload now.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:31 PM

I'm same as you, Dean. Way north of 100 deals. Quebec was the only problem. I refuse to ever do a private deal with someone from Quebec.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:44 PM

Quebec's a whole different world. Too bad we couldn't saw it off and push it out into the Atlantic.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvr View Post
Quebec's a whole different world. Too bad we couldn't saw it off and push it out into the Atlantic.
Fracking technology is becoming better/better. It might happen, no wall required. Send it off by Newfoundland.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:56 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

I just don't deal on CGN period.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-20-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
I just don't deal on CGN period.....

I have sold a ton of stuff on CGN that would not/did not sell here on AO. I also found stuff there that you never see listed here like double rifles, drillings etc.
Old 10-20-2020, 03:23 PM

Personally I would avoid buying anything from Quebec or China, for my own politically motivated reasons.
Old 10-20-2020, 03:28 PM

You're going to discriminate against someone, solely because they live in quebec?

Ok, good.
Then its not just me.
Old 10-20-2020, 04:37 PM

I had ONE deal with a guy in Quebec

Asked for a money order. He sends a personal cheque. I wait for it to clear, he pees and moans. I asked him who, in this century, accepts or writes a personal cheque???

When there are so many criminal organizations operating in Quebec (HA, SNC lavalin, mafia, PQ, liberals, etc) why in hell would you deal with someone from that particular foreign country?????
Old 10-20-2020, 05:08 PM

Build the wall.
Old 10-20-2020, 05:13 PM

If I could lock out Quebec from my Amazon store I absolutely would. Every damned time there is something wrong. I am Saskatchewan French and we hate the Quebec french so it's totally not racist...
Old 10-20-2020, 05:17 PM

I normally avoid Quebec like the plague , if nothing else than their registry BS
However I did have a deal go bad a few years back .
However I recently bought a rifle out of Bai Comeau because the trader ratings the guy had were very good with a number of CGN members i have dealt with in the past .
Still very leery of that place however !
Cat
Old 10-20-2020, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D View Post
Its probably a language issue.

They think they understand but in reality thry dont.

Oh it has NOTHING to do with language and everything to do with their attitude to others.

If only the fathers of Confederation knew who they were dealing with 200 years ago.

Drewski
Old 10-20-2020, 05:27 PM

I don't deal with Quebec residents or Quebec companies. They're the same as China in my books.
Old 10-20-2020, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
Oh it has NOTHING to do with language and everything to do with their attitude to others.

If only the fathers of Confederation knew who they were dealing with 200 years ago.

Drewski
Maybe some truth to this and there can be some some truths to groups of other populations but its not fair to paint everyone in any region as a bad apple with the same brush.

I go by trader rating and easier to sell than it is to buy. E transfer and ship. As a buyer, you have to trust the seller.

Old 10-20-2020, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D View Post
Maybe some truth to this and there can be some some truths to groups of other populations but its not fair to paint everyone in any region as a bad apple with the same brush.

I go by trader rating and easier to sell than it is to buy. E transfer and ship. As a buyer, you have to trust the seller.

Says the guy from Ontario...

Old 10-20-2020, 06:11 PM

2 off the best gun deals I ever made were guns I bought from fellows in Quebec. The one had no trader rating so I told him to send it COD. Rifle showed up in a locked case no COD. Key came by letter mail a day later. I sent him a money order and gave him heck.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy403 View Post
2 off the best gun deals I ever made were guns I bought from fellows in Quebec. The one had no trader rating so I told him to send it COD. Rifle showed up in a locked case no COD. Key came by letter mail a day later. I sent him a money order and gave him heck.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
They aren't all *****s, I worked in Quebec for quite a while and met many great people. They do however have a different version of truth in advertising and there are a disproportionate number of scammers. One guy I had a problem with had 300 positive trade ratings. He got banned 6 months after I had problems.s with him and it turns out there were a whole bunch of other guys like me, so u can't even take trader ratings as unvarnished truth, This guy obviously had issues or financial problems and turned bad for some reason. Finally worked it out with the idiot that bought the powder die but long and short,, last deal I do with someone from Quebec.
Old 10-20-2020, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
You're going to discriminate against someone, solely because they live in quebec?

Ok, good.
Then its not just me.
Old 10-20-2020, 10:03 PM

After reading all this, Quebec seems to be worse than afghanistan. I dare any of you guys to check for references any of the ao members that i have dealt with just for fun on how the transactions were and if they would deal with me again. I have left the chevreuil.net hunting forum here because being native wasn’t easy on that forum. Maybe one of your members here by the name of pierre tessier might remember me. Now I’m wondering about my membership as an ao’er. Nothing funny here either. I always read and shut up. But now what the ****, maybe some of you didin't have good experiences with people from Quebec, thats just like you may have a scammer from your province as well. Scammers are all over not only in Quebec. I am understanding why the las 6 or seven transactions i have had here that i never got rated. When i transact now i wait for the rating first and the i will rate.
And now, maybe some will just tell me too f*** off and if so well i just might. Join date 12-30-2008 when will the last day be?
Abenaki-Warrior
Old 10-20-2020, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abenaki-warrior View Post
After reading all this, Quebec seems to be worse than afghanistan. I dare any of you guys to check for references any of the ao members that i have dealt with just for fun on how the transactions were and if they would deal with me again. I have left the chevreuil.net hunting forum here because being native wasn’t easy on that forum. Maybe one of your members here by the name of pierre tessier might remember me. Now I’m wondering about my membership as an ao’er. Nothing funny here either. I always read and shut up. But now what the ****, maybe some of you didin't have good experiences with people from Quebec, thats just like you may have a scammer from your province as well. Scammers are all over not only in Quebec. I am understanding why the las 6 or seven transactions i have had here that i never got rated. When i transact now i wait for the rating first and the i will rate.
And now, maybe some will just tell me too f*** off and if so well i just might. Join date 12-30-2008 when will the last day be?
Abenaki-Warrior
Actually I had a fantastic buying experience in 1979 with a guy in Afghanistan

His ad read:

FOR SALE
ONE SOVIET MADE MILITARY RIFLE 7.62X39
NEVER FIRED, DROPPED ONCE $300 OBO

How could I refuse such truth in advertising???
Old 10-20-2020, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Actually I had a fantastic buying experience in 1979 with a guy in Afghanistan

His ad read:

FOR SALE
ONE SOVIET MADE MILITARY RIFLE 7.62X39
NEVER FIRED, DROPPED ONCE $300 OBO

How could I refuse such truth in advertising???
You have such a warped sense of humour. This is hilarious
Old 10-20-2020, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
One guy I had a problem with had 300 positive trade ratings. He got banned 6 months after I had problems.s with him and it turns out there were a whole bunch of other guys like me, so u can't even take trader ratings as unvarnished truth, This guy obviously had issues or financial problems and turned bad for some reason.
Very True, Oldgutpile got scammed by a guy from B.C. with good trader ratings and I was one of those ratings!
he asked me about him, and I told him I had several dealings with the guy with no issues, the last one being a pretty high end gun with O/U rifle and shotgun barrels and a set of 228 gauge tubes as well as a QD scope mount!
I don't think the guy ever has resurfaced, althoough he may be on a different site other than what I frequent.
Cat
Old 10-20-2020, 10:55 PM

I've even stopped eating french fries.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:10 AM

.....the only good thing to ever come outta Quebec was an empty bus!!