Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-09-2011, 09:13 PM

Default Fishing Smaller Lakes

well i just picked up a 12ft flat bottom jon boat,and a used 4hp evinrude.I wanna fish some smaller lakes around the area something within 2hrs of Fort Sask...I don't plan or expect to be miles from shore,wanna stick as close to shore as possible incase the weather turns for the worse....Normally i used by single man pontoon boat for trout at Muir.

What i'm after now is hitting the lakes and trying for some trout,walleye,pike.

I have never fished Alberta for wally's or pike,i know pike aren't a picky fish,like to hammer almost anything and like hanging in the weeds.

Walleye i really have no idea what works around here as for back home in Manitoba we nail them on twister tails and beef heart.....so if anyone has any advice on where would be a good place to start out,what lures works, and lake depths that would greatly be appreciated...or if u don't mind a tag along i can meet u at a lake just to get a few pointers and u can go your way and i'll be sticking close to shore.If interested send me a pm and we can go from there,Thanks alot in advance
Old 07-09-2011, 09:33 PM

head 2 hours northeast of where you are. take your pick of the many small lakes. as for where the fish are? the fish are where you find them. try all the classic spots. (points, weedbeds, sunken islands, drop offs........)