Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 10-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Banned

Exclamation hey all you bowhunters, post your kills in the 'hunting' section!

look at all the stuff i'm missing, i dip into the firearms section when i want to talk guns, i dip into the archery section when i want to talk bows...and i'm not setting up a new bow and haven't for awhile so i think i'm missing a lot of your guys kills, post the rest of your kills in the 'hunting' section....just a suggestion, i like to see everyones success...your not that much different from the gun hunters to have your own little brag board

i don't see the gun guys posting kills in the firearms section...you extra special or something? lol
Old 10-01-2009, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
look at all the stuff i'm missing, i dip into the firearms section when i want to talk guns, i dip into the archery section when i want to talk bows...and i'm not setting up a new bow and haven't for awhile so i think i'm missing a lot of your guys kills, post the rest of your kills in the 'hunting' section....just a suggestion, i like to see everyones success...your not that much different from the gun hunters to have your own little brag board

i don't see the gun guys posting kills in the firearms section...you extra special or something? lol
Some stuff gets moved here by Moderators. I like having the bow kill stuff here....seems to work well. Hell, we begged and begged for an Archery section, might as well use it!
Old 10-01-2009, 03:17 PM

I thought the idea of a archery section was to have the archery related topics in one area...? i.e.: bow kills

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 10-01-2009, 03:26 PM
Hoochie Papa

Waddya mean "you" bowhunters???
Old 10-01-2009, 05:03 PM

i suddenly feel like the ugly young brother!

NOT, ....happy to post them here, when the guns come out in NOV. i'll post in the other part! I thought and still do, think this is the right place for bow kills !
Old 10-01-2009, 05:13 PM

I second that, or third it or whatever. Bow hunt successes in the archery section.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:18 AM
Gone Hunting

I agree. Bow kills should go here in the archery section. A bow kill isnt just shooting,,, its hunting on many more levels,,, and at a much higher level than with any rifle. Yes,, bow kills (muscular powered and held bows) are special enough to have their own section. Seriously....

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 10-03-2009, 06:14 AM
Banned

lol, you bow snobs

i can't say last time i clicked into general discussion, or archery sections...but have been into guns lately so have gone into gun section lots but the one i click on religious is hunting

i've missed years of bowkills by looks of things....i just assumed all kills would head to hunting if they wanted majority of hunters to see?

i say you boys should talk about archery stuff here, but hunting related kills should go in hunting, i'm just ticked i've been missing your successes is all
Old 10-03-2009, 06:31 AM

Thumbs up Wa WA WA WA!!!

The whining and crying just came to the archery section!! boo hoo!!
Old 10-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Banned

okay double standards it is

so this all started when i seen packhuntr mention he got a 185 muley...so i says to myself..... "self, how did i miss a deer like that?"

a little digging and i found it here...awesome deer man....and hence my whining about the double standard, are you hunter or not?
Old 10-03-2009, 09:45 AM
Gone Hunting

Ummm,,, no, I aint huntin man,,, its actually more like hackin. I know what your sayin Stinky. Im on the fence on this one. Problem is,,, Im not sure Id get any congrats on what Im doing if I post my bow kills in the Hunting section,,, Im sorta the nerd of the bunch over there. Pretty tough crew, and its tough to fit in Heck, Im lucky anyone even opens my yearly archery animal thread here in the bow section. Ya gotta take what you can get eh!!

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 10-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by packhuntr View Post
Ummm,,, no, I aint huntin man,,, its actually more like hackin. I know what your sayin Stinky. Im on the fence on this one. Problem is,,, Im not sure Id get any congrats on what Im doing if I post my bow kills in the Hunting section,,, Im sorta the nerd of the bunch over there. Pretty tough crew, and its tough to fit in Heck, Im lucky anyone even opens my yearly archery animal thread here in the bow section. Ya gotta take what you can get eh!!
this is no biggie to me, i just like simple so i click the one spot as hunting is what i'm into #1...not one type of gear or the other...only when i'm setting up a new outfit, will maybe be here next season with a new bow set up but otherwise i watch for the success reports afield in one spot, i can dip in here too but i have zero interest in talking bows past couple years etc. so tend to stay out

all kills would be appreciated in the hunting section imo...more so, maybe i'm naive and the gun guys would be a bit snobby and hence the current situation but i guess i don't think that way

this no big deal, just having fun
Old 10-03-2009, 11:08 PM

I like the bow kills in the archery section. They sorta fit here. If a guy wants to put them in the hunting section though that's ok too, it will get viewed more there, if thats what you want.

I don't always check the archery section because I haven't been an active archer for the last few years. But I have been looking at it lately, I've decided I'm going to hunt with a trad bow next year so been doing some research (former compound hunter). Anyways while checking it out I liked to see all the bow kills grouped together here, some good kills so far and lots of info here.