Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocked View Post
Not sure if I am doing this right. First post here ever. This discussion fascinates me. I have a question for anyone or everyone for that matter. Does anyone here know a hunter that has a crossbow licence? Not the friend of a friend or a cousin of a friends sister's mother in law, but actually know someone personally? What did they have to go through to get it and why? and I guess while we are at it what would your reaction be to meeting up with someone in the woods with crossbow in hand?
I have 4 friends that use them. One also has a permit to shoot from a vehicle ( yes they exist) he's missing an arm an his legs. The other is missing a arm, both are friends and clients.

The other 2 are my father in laws buddies, they have absolutely nothing wrong with themselves, healthy as a guy could be.They have a doctor friend, that wrote the note they needed,and a F&W acquaintance , that granted them the permit, 6 years ago. When it was way tougher to obtain a permit.

My reaction if I met someone in the woods with one... In the general zone, I would stop say hi, ask how his day was, wish him luck and carry on.

In the archery season or bowzone....Ask if he has a permit, and if not, call F&W .