Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
Ceremonial guard have C7 rifles but they are on parade- no ammunition.
Well I hope that changes! Condolences to family, friends and all who have and are currently serving.

tip of iceberg......unless politicians and people wake up and accept the reality, these things will continue without doubt.

In my opinion, there are many people complicit in these deaths. It's a sad shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadham View Post
Yes they carry a rifle but no ammunition. Sometimes a bayonet, sheathed or not, depending on the "dress".
Yet another example of stupidity perpetrated on our protectors by panty wetters.
We are willing to send these brave people into harms way yet don't trust them when they are at home. Things need to change.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 10-22-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Ceremonial guard have C7 rifles but they are on parade- no ammunition.
I think that should be reconsidered, much like how the US revised how they had their fighter nets mostly unarmed prior to 9/11, but now have them sufficiently armed for fast response to airborne threats. Isreali soldiers often have their firearms shouldered but with the magazine in a holder attached to the weapon. I think no soldier should be unarmed (or only ceremonially armed with an weapon but no ammo) especially one on guard duty.

With the timing on this incident and the other one where the psycho used his vehicle, one is led to wonder if something is being organized among all the militant cretins within our borders.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali#1 View Post
And here comes all the tough guys in 3...2...1.

Sorry Ali but on a day when we could be looking at two terrorist attacks on our soil in under a week and you post this, glad to see your suspended so quick. Do we have to have a PM killed or a building bombed before some realize the threat was always here and now they could be potentially acting on those threats. I will wait to see the backgrounds of these two turds before i assume anything but wanna bet they just converted?

This is fast becoming a where were you when day.

Can't wait to hear what some of the political parties have to say about today.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:48 AM

NO AMMUNITION? I just................

unbelievable......idiotic. Blood on people's hands. Damn fools!
Old 10-22-2014, 09:49 AM

parliament building, are we really at all surprised-these low life cowards biding their time and making hits on unsuspecting soldiers-drop the gloves and go get em!
Old 10-22-2014, 09:50 AM

Once a soldier always a soldier its a brotherhood . You attack this country you attack us all

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 10-22-2014, 09:53 AM
Banned

I am upset, I don’t have an answer.

Every incident has an effect on all the freedoms we still have.

Condolences to all effected by an act of violence.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaded View Post
Just let it go... we all get your stance

This is a wake up call for all of Canada.
Why let i go? Now it is time to attack like a pit bull.

These nozzles are the ones trying to pacify us all with niceisms.

Enough. Expose them for what they are.

CCW for all.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by connexion123 View Post
Why let i go? Now it is time to attack like a pit bull.

These nozzles are the ones trying to pacify us all with niceisms.

Enough. Expose them for what they are.

CCW for all.
What do we gain "attacking like a pitbull"? For one thing, we don't know who the enemy is at this point (we can make educated guesses, but we still don't know 100%). If this is what we all think it is, it's a faceless enemy. How do you go after them?
Old 10-22-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
Sorry Ali but on a day when we could be looking at two terrorist attacks on our soil in under a week and you post this, glad to see your suspended so quick.
I'm not sure what his suspension serves. Judging for the many responses in this thread calling for military response overseas, he was absolutely right.

It's not even clear who the shooter was, or where he was from.

Heck, the guy the other day was a converted frenchman - yet some folks are suggesting nation respond with military intervention overseas

Today's shooter was described as having long black hair. Which isn't typically Muslim.

Sounds more like a flamenco dancer, or my wife.

And she has an alibi.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:01 AM
Banned

OK, you folks that are torqued over the fact that ceremonial gaurdsmen do not have ammunition need to relaize the following:

IF soldiers conducting ceremonial duty on the NWM were carrying ammuniton in their magazine affixed to their weapon, they now become a target. If you were a hardcore criminal like in the HA and knew that the two to four guys on the war memorial were at the position of rest on your arms reverse with their eyes cast towards the ground and not aware of their surroundings it would be too easy to walk right up to them with a concealed sidearm, disarm them and now a criminal element is in possession of a fully automatic military assault weapon.

You're preaching to the choir. Just because you don't understand the reasoning for something does not mean that it is ridiculous.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:03 AM

JTF2 needs to treat these induhviduals like the SAS treated the IRA.

This crap doesn't create fear, just livid rage.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Goodfellow View Post
I'm not sure what his suspension serves. Judging for the many responses in this thread calling for military response overseas, he was absolutely right.

The shooter was described as having long black hair. Which isn't typically Muslim.

And she has an alibi.
give me a break!!!!! a coward is a coward, muslim or not. That sene of the EMS workers doing CPR on a dead soilder at our war memorial makes me sick.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
OK, you folks that are torqued over the fact that ceremonial gaurdsmen do not have ammunition need to relaize the following:

IF soldiers conducting ceremonial duty on the NWM were carrying ammuniton in their magazine affixed to their weapon, they now become a target. If you were a hardcore criminal like in the HA and knew that the two to four guys on the war memorial were at the position of rest on your arms reverse with their eyes cast towards the ground and not aware of their surroundings it would be too easy to walk right up to them with a concealed sidearm, disarm them and now a criminal element is in possession of a fully automatic military assault weapon.

You're preaching to the choir. Just because you don't understand the reasoning for something does not mean that it is ridiculous.
Alright thanks for the info but nevertheless, security there appears to be incredibly lax, no?
Old 10-22-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:

The shooter was described as having long black hair. Which isn't typically Muslim.

And she has an alibi.
I got the impression from his post he was poking the hornets nest. Lots of tension on here right now and we don't need that. So I assume the reason for his quick suspension. If his suspension was for something else, I apologize for my assumption. But when it comes to a attack of this nature, you bet I side with the guys opinions who have fought for my freedom. They unlike me, have been there done that with this situation and the kind of people who would commit an act like this.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by score View Post
Alright thanks for the info but nevertheless, security there appears to be incredibly lax, no?
We don't (yet) live in a police state. What does a war memorial need with security?! This is exactly what terrorists want - to destroy our peaceful, free way of life with terror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recce43 View Post
Once a soldier always a soldier its a brotherhood . You attack this country you attack us all

Agreed 100%!!!!!! Now the wackos are out, good grief. Good for putting down that scum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1978 View Post
give me a break!!!!! a coward is a coward, muslim or not. That sene of the EMS workers doing CPR on a dead soilder at our war memorial makes me sick.
Perhaps you've mistaken my post as excusing the shooter.

Let me re-state my point conscisely: Ali#1 was correct in his prediction that this event would invite heavy-handed calls for violence.

It's en epic jump to get from "Man with long black hair shoots soldier" to "Let's send JTF2 to the middle east!".
Old 10-22-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whammy View Post
We don't (yet) live in a police state. What does a war memorial need with security?! This is exactly what terrorists want - to destroy our peaceful, free way of life with terror.
They aren't "protective" guards but "honor" guards.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:

Heck, the guy the other day was a converted frenchman - yet some folks are suggesting nation respond with military intervention overseas

Today's shooter was described as having long black hair. Which isn't typically Muslim.

And she has an alibi.
All I will say to you is people are dead. Mean anything to you? Again, stop the junk, at least for now.....
Old 10-22-2014, 10:09 AM

JTF-2 on scene....thats not a good sign, but they'll handle the situation better than anyone else in the world.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadham View Post
They aren't "protective" guards but "honor" guards.
I realize that. He was asking why the war memorial didn't have security.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:10 AM

Looking at the update on the G&M site, it appears there was more than one shooting, and kudos go to a retired RCMP officer who took down the/a gunman in the parliament buildings.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:11 AM

Ali was trolling for a response plain and simple
Old 10-22-2014, 10:14 AM

Report of possible shooting at the Rideau Centre Shopping Mall, close to the parliament buildings.

Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car.
After one hour, open the trunk and see who is happiest to see you!!!

If you won't stand behind our Troops,
Feel free to stand in front of them!!!!!
Old 10-22-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whammy View Post
"police state" is an irrelevant conversation at this point. I think this attack answers your question. We can no longer pretend that "our peaceful, free way of life" is safe.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:16 AM

There has to some serious changes now, there is no reason for these things to be happening and for all these radicals to be coming into Canada. If you come to Canada, you support Canada….. if you disagree with what we believe in and stand for…. get out! Plain and simple
Our soldiers have risked their lives, in both World Wars and many other conflicts to let Canadians have the rights and freedoms we do, and we should back our soldiers up….. no questions asked
Old 10-22-2014, 10:19 AM

So sad. We should all take a break from our keyboards to honor the victims, their families and wait for the facts to come out.

My heart goes out to the family's.

My Best buddy:
Closed Thread