Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 03:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkivory View Post
God Bless Cowgirls and may God Bless The United States Of America!
Amen !!!!!
Old 07-23-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
God Bless Cowgirls and may God Bless The United States Of America!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxor View Post
Amen !!!!!
lol Thanks!!
Old 07-23-2015, 04:28 PM
Banned

Hey avb3, just wondering if you would share you wealth of knowledge and wisdom with the nice cowgirl from Oklahoma who took her time to visit our Canadian forum today?

This otta be good!

Last edited by elkivory; 07-23-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:13 PM
Banned

Who knows, she may already have made up her mind.

I wonder if Tulsa still shuts down on Sunday like you did last time I was there?
Old 07-23-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post

I wonder if Tulsa still shuts down on Sunday like you did last time I was there?
And whats wrong with that? You do realize in Canada some of the maritime provinces just allowed Sunday shopping in the past few years. Up until then it was illegal to open on sundays. outside of gas stations, corner convenience stores, hotels and restaurants. You couldn't buy groceries on sunday for decades until recently. In NB still today you can only buy liquor on Sundays from certain selected provincial gov't operated liquor stores from noon to five o'clock. There are no beer stores anywhere, only the government is allowed to sell bottled liquor. There are no corner stores selling booze. So Oklahoma isn't as backward as you may think.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
And whats wrong with that? You do realize in Canada some of the maritime provinces just allowed Sunday shopping in the past few years. Up until then it was illegal to open on sundays. outside of gas stations, corner convenience stores, hotels and restaurants. You couldn't buy groceries on sunday for decades until recently. In NB still today you can only buy liquor on Sundays from certain selected provincial gov't operated liquor stores from noon to five o'clock. There are no beer stores anywhere, only the government is allowed to sell bottled liquor. There are no corner stores selling booze. So Oklahoma isn't as backward as you may think.
I see no reason why business should have to shut down on any day of the week. We are a secular society and not governed by the wishes of any particular sect, or other group. The business chooses to close, that's their choice. If they want to open that's their choice also.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:49 PM
Banned

Well, looky at dat!

Even Glenn Beck has had enough of Trump.

His show will no longer carry any coverage of Trump's run.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...g-donald-trump

One can hardly call Glenn Beck part of the mainstream media. Huffington Post has decided to carry Trump's run in the entertainment section.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
I see no reason why business should have to shut down on any day of the week. We are a secular society and not governed by the wishes of any particular sect, or other group. The business chooses to close, that's their choice. If they want to open that's their choice also.
???????

Did you just say "we are not governed by a particular sect or other group" ??

Where do you live?
Old 07-23-2015, 07:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxor View Post
???????

Did you just say "we are not governed by a particular sect or other group" ??

Where do you live?
Let me be clearer.

We should not be governed or influenced by philosophies of others unless they were elected.

That means no blue laws, no Sharia law, and no Hasidic law. Those who enter that kind of stuff to move to the countries that are ruled by those kind of philosophies.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well, looky at dat!

One can hardly call Glenn Beck part of the mainstream media. Huffington Post has decided to carry Trump's run in the entertainment section.
Hahahaha

Who bloody well cares if a radio show wants to dismiss a certain sector of real political news !!!!!

Its called "censorship"

Have at er bud

Last edited by Luxor; 07-23-2015 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Let me be clearer.

We should not be governed or influenced by philosophies of others unless they were elected.

That means no blue laws, no Sharia law, and no Hasidic law. Those who enter that kind of stuff to move to the countries that are ruled by those kind of philosophies.
Maybe a little clearer.

But I do like your boat lol
Old 07-23-2015, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Who knows, she may already have made up her mind.

lol While I have no interest in the business hours of retail stores in Tulsa Oklahoma, my first guess is...... maybe they wanted the day off?

Back to Trumph. Mickey Mouse could have signed up to run and it would still be an improvement over the current line up. I AM getting a kick out of Trump's approach and the way he handles the media.
If he does make it to office, I hope he has some extraordinary advisors, he's going to need them!
Old 07-23-2015, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
He (Trump) is entertaining - that's for sure.
Like a bull in a china shop entertaining.
Rob Ford would give him a run for his money
Old 07-23-2015, 09:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Rob Ford would give him a run for his money
Oh my lord

How could you possibly see any comparison with Ford and Trump ????

But yes Ive read the article that compares them.
Just shots in the dark from wayward journalism

Last edited by Luxor; 07-23-2015 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Well, looky at dat!

Glen Beck is a Bible Thumping Mormon that believes Joseph Smith found golden plates on September 22, in 1823 at a hill near his home in Manchester, New York, after the angel Moroni directed him to a buried stone box. Glen also says that he talks to God. Sounds like Beck was taking way to many hits of Acid when he was a drunk back in the day. Who Cares what delusional Beck thinks?

Huffington Post is nothing more then a glorified Blog and far from real news. So what's your point? The only real unbiased news channel left is Fox News, they are covering Trump every day and have some of the highest Nelson Ratings going.

I think you are forgetting a key Lyric in the American National Anthem, it goes like this:

"O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!"

Trump appears to be Brave to me and he is Free to run for office, and lets not forget that he is leading in the national polls.

Last edited by elkivory; 07-24-2015 at 05:01 AM.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Well, looky at dat!

More free publicity for the Trumpster. Man that guy can play people like a fiddle. He's doing a lot better than I ever thought he would....I gotta give him that.

Does anyone in the class care to take a stab at who the public hates almost as much as politicians? If you guessed "journalists" you'd be in the ball park at least. Everytime one of these political insiders takes a shot at Trump they're just giving him credibility with all the people that are sick and tired of being told they can vote for "A" or they can vote for "B". It's like Hitler telling everyone that Santa Claus is a dumb dumb head loser.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
More free publicity for the Trumpster. Man that guy can play people like a fiddle. He's doing a lot better than I ever thought he would....I gotta give him that.

Does anyone in the class care to take a stab at who the public hates almost as much as politicians? If you guessed "journalists" you'd be in the ball park at least. Everytime one of these political insiders takes a shot at Trump they're just giving him credibility with all the people that are sick and tired of being told they can vote for "A" or they can vote for "B". It's like Hitler telling everyone that Santa Claus is a dumb dumb head loser.
Have to agree with that!

I have watched Meet the Press and Face The Nation almost every weekend for over 30 years. After watching Chuck Todd (and do I ever miss Tim Russert) for the last three weekends, I have decided to never watch the show again because as far as I am concerned Todd is a Pin Head and is nothing more then a puppet and a flunky for the existing Political Establishment and he is far from unbiased.

As for Face The Nation, I will give the new host a couple more Sundays and if he starts trying to interfere with a fair race, then I will be hitting the switch channel on my remote on him as well!
Old 07-24-2015, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Glen Beck is a Bible Thumping Mormon that believes Joseph Smith found golden plates on September 22, in 1823 at a hill near his home in Manchester, New York, after the angel Moroni directed him to a buried stone box. Glen also says that he talks to God. Sounds like Beck was taking way to many hits of Acid when he was a drunk back in the day. Who Cares what delusional Beck thinks?

Huffington Post is nothing more then a glorified Blog and far from real news. So what's your point? The only real unbiased news channel left is Fox News, they are covering Trump every day and have some of the highest Nelson Ratings going.

I think you are forgetting a key Lyric in the American National Anthem, it goes like this:

Trump appears to be Brave to me and he is Free to run for office, and lets not forget that he is leading in the national polls.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 07-24-2015, 06:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post
That must have taken a lot of thought! lol
Old 07-24-2015, 07:09 AM
Banned

Default Bill Clinton "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

Looks like there may be a criminal investigation launched into Hillary's "Server Gate" cover up.

Hillary-Clinton-s-shadowy-emails[1].jpg

hillary031015[1].jpg

1a%20fri%20ariail%200306[1].jpg
Old 07-24-2015, 08:06 AM
Banned

Quote:

Errrrrr... The vast majority of GOP candidates claim a deep faith in an omnipotent, omniscient entity first postulated by a superstitious, bronzed aged tribe of desert goat herders. Beck is hardly new or unique in his faith.

Both Beck and Huff Post have far more followers then the hair piece that talks ever will.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:23 AM

Talk radio is hugely popular in the US. Glenn Beck is very popular. I have always liked Beck but it's clear he has become very frustrated with all politicians. Furthermore, he seems to have moved away from current events commentary and has become much more of a "preacher" in the last while perhaps as he sees the attack on Christianity and general moral decay as the underlying cause of the ills we are seeing in American society these days. He has a very valid point IMO.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Errrrrr... The vast majority of GOP candidates claim a deep faith in an omnipotent, omniscient entity first postulated by a superstitious, bronzed aged tribe of desert goat herders. Beck is hardly new or unique in his faith.

Both Beck and Huff Post have far more followers then the hair piece that talks ever will.
Yes, Beck has a LOT of followers, BUT..

I encourage you to read some of the comments after each article slamming Trump.

Beck strikes a chord in many, for many reasons, but people don't give HIM carte blanche, either. The anti-Trump diatribe from his camp is ticking a lot of people off (and, like rugatika says, giving Trump even more free publicity).

NRA/NFA Supporter and "...gun toting tea party psychotard..." -
Old 07-24-2015, 08:43 AM

check out cowgirls blog...wow...talk about some fine lookin eats..
Old 07-24-2015, 09:28 AM
Gone Fishing

http://emgn.com/entertainment/who-wo...d-trumps-hair/
Old 07-24-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
That must have taken a lot of thought! lol
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."

about the only thought I have reading this thread.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 07-24-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
You, me and Mr. Churchill are on "common ground" with that quote....

However, I think it's a little outdated today. Five whole minutes seems about 41/2 minutes too long.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:40 AM

Anyone who thinks Donald Trump is stupid is stupid......
Old 07-24-2015, 02:07 PM
Banned

Default Why does Chuckie hate trump? It all about the numbers!

As I mentioned I have decided to turn off Meet the Press recently, even though I have been watching it religiously for over 30 years.

I was thinking to myself, why does that Pin Head Chucky Todd hate the Donald so much? Came to the conclusion that it's about the numbers!

Chucky the Pin Head's average Meet The Press Nelson Rating: 2,849,000 viewers.

Trump's average Apprentice Nelson Rating : Over 5,000,000

Eat your heart our Pin Head!
Old 07-24-2015, 03:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by score View Post
Anyone who thinks Donald Trump is stupid is stupid......
Ya

What he said

"Stupid is as stupid does."
Closed Thread