Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-08-2009, 10:30 PM

THe NHL is cracking down on the ol slew footn wonder if they review Iggy's ? It was cheap and dangerous
Old 10-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
THe NHL is cracking down on the ol slew footn wonder if they review Iggy's ? It was cheap and dangerous
Gentleman.. Please gather around.. What you see above me is a common fish seen around these parts.. It's the elusive RED HERRING!!

The ONLY reason Kanon had for throwing that out is because he is way to embarrassed to admit his Oilers have choked 2 times in a row.

These points will mean a ton by the end of the season. Especially for Edmonton. They will need each and every one in order to make the playoffs.

Calgary got lucky tonight.. But good teams seem to find a way to win.. Where as mediocre teams find a way to lose.

Classy of Iggy to let the guy stand up.
Good goal tending by Edmonton
GREAT OT for Kipper. That was a fantastic glove save.

See you girls in a couple of weeks.

Jamie
Old 10-08-2009, 10:51 PM

How is it choking when you are in the game all thru it? Its not like we were up 5-0 with one period to go....take off the glasses Jamie you guys are more lucky than good. Plain and simple Iggy is responsible for what he does with his stick and what the consequences are ]. It was dangerous and irresponsible and he should get a game.......and what fight were u watching Iggy threw 4 punches when the ref had Ethan all tied up......take Iggy off the cross its probably crowded up there
Old 10-08-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Jarome is a cheap shot artist now.....kinda like the scrap with Moreau where Jarome let him get to his feet before hitting him eh Kanon, they both lost an edge at the boards, anyways you won't convince to many people that Iggy is a cheap and dangerous hitter but good luck tryin... 4-0 Go FLAMES Go !!!!!!
Old 10-08-2009, 11:00 PM

Re read the post BP I said hes responsible for his stick...he took out Sourays foot thats what caused the pile up....no "lost an edge" but good try......so Iggy followed the code how nice lets throw him a parade...so did Souray when he rag dolled that Stars player the other night....
Old 10-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
How is it choking when you are in the game all thru it? Its not like we were up 5-0 with one period to go....take off the glasses Jamie you guys are more lucky than good. Plain and simple Iggy is responsible for what he does with his stick and what the consequences are ]. It was dangerous and irresponsible and he should get a game.......and what fight were u watching Iggy threw 4 punches when the ref had Ethan all tied up......take Iggy off the cross its probably crowded up there
Kanon.. You poor misguided soul. Have you been sampling your wares? BTW thanks for the cool bottle. Not bad stuff.

Honestly I was bit surprised when he didn't pound Ethan from here to eternity. But he didn't. He gave him a chance to stand up and then tried to get it going again. If he hadn't you would have been on here saying what a cheap shot artist he was

Iggy had a accident in the corner. Like Black said, they both lost a edge. I wonder if a penalty was even called for in that situation. ESPECIALLY after the huge hit from behind not being called. But then you couldn't admit that..

As for choking.. What do you call losing 2 games in the final minute?
I call it a HUGE choke. LOLOLOLOLOL.

OK seriously. I think Calgary has Ed's number this year. It might not matter what you guys do.. Calgary is still going to win.
We didn't deserve to win that game, we didn't deserve to TIE that game.. But WE DID!!!

Jamie
Old 10-08-2009, 11:10 PM

Like I said it may not have been intentional but he is responsible for his stick and as you will see in the replays he took out Sourays skate with his stick...there is no ifs ands or buts thats a fact...the penalty was called by the back ref before they even hit the boards so yes it was a penalty.......lots of borderline hit s by both sides. You may have our number but I like what I see so far by my team. We are not soft to play against and that is huge in my books
Old 10-08-2009, 11:18 PM

cmon kannon, you sound like "Octane" when you spout off that stuff. He should have got a game??? not friggen likely. Good game by both sides tonight. Calgary keeps improving with every game. The oilers are definetly a much different team to play against this year. If they keep working hard they will do fine.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:21 PM

Is there something about cheering for the Flames that makes you guys unable to read? I said he should get a game as in suspension not get a match penalty. Its a match when there is obvious intent. Like you said it was un intentional BUT guess what hes still responsible for what the end result is no?
Old 10-08-2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Is there something about cheering for the Flames that makes you guys unable to read? I said he should get a game as in suspension not get a match penalty. Its a match when there is obvious intent. Like you said it was un intentional BUT guess what hes still responsible for what the end result is no?
WTH???? Why did you suddenly assume I meant a match penalty? Who can't read now????? I was thinking suspension. Not a chance there is a suspension. There has to be some sort of intent in order to grant a suspension. it was purely accidental and therefore no suspension will be alloted. yes he is responsible for his stick, thus he got a tripping penalty.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:40 PM

You said he should have got a game....to me that meant a match..since the game just ended and suspensions normally occur the next day...it seemed you meant match. NHL is cracking down so you never know....
Old 10-09-2009, 11:41 AM

cheap hit or not i cannot say, i only got to listen to the game...although i have never known iggy to be cheap so i will give him the benefit of the doubt.

the real issue here is a few seconds....and why the oilers have such a hard time keeping control at the end of games etc...hell fall on the puck when it is in the corner...do something...rather than let the puck get passed out to the point for a big slapper.

i am liking what i am seeing from the new coaching staff...i like what the oilers are looking at...but as quinn has said there is not a culture of winning in the edmonton dressing room right now...this HAS to change or the oilers will go on playing well and beating themselves (no tree not like you do haha).....khabby looked (sounded) much better to me last night, but i still think we are getting killed by the lack of defensive Dmen. players that are good in the corners and along the boards. sure we have killer offensive dmen...and i like that too...but we need at least one or two stay at home guys that win battles for us in the corners.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:10 PM

well well well. Surprise, no suspension for Iggy. However, due to pat quinn's rediculous comments he is out $10000. I believe Quinn lost a lot of respect around the league for those words.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:12 PM

I agree with Pat Quinns sentiment...Iggy did a dirty and deserves a dirty back...Papa Quinn is an Old Testament coach...besides it brings flavor to the BOA......and really the only reason he got fined is the NHL hates being told they are biased.....
Old 10-09-2009, 07:17 PM

Old 10-09-2009, 07:23 PM

Default 09/10 NHL thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger1022 View Post

That's almost as bad as being a leaf's fan!
Old 10-09-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
I agree with Pat Quinns sentiment...Iggy did a dirty and deserves a dirty back...Papa Quinn is an Old Testament coach...besides it brings flavor to the BOA......and really the only reason he got fined is the NHL hates being told they are biased.....
I guess you and the nhl have something in common then... It was a friggen accident. There is a reason none of the players went after him right after the hit. The post game interviews show that the players didn't think it was a dirty play. Dirty implies intent. there was no intent, thus not dirty. Guys ride players into the boards like that all the time and sometimes a stick gets positioned wrong and crap happens.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:38 AM

If anyone would know the definition of choke it would be a Flames fan as Flames and choke are synonomous (sp) with one another. Flames historically choke in the playoffs and folded last spring during the regular season and then in the first round of the playoffs.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:49 AM

Just heard about this on the radio the other day. I admit I am kind of surprised that 2 NHL teams even made the list. And both Canadian at that!!

http://www.spike.com/blog/top-ten-te...1&numPerPage=1
Old 10-10-2009, 11:30 AM

Sheldon can settle that score himself. If Sheldon calls Iggy on, then Iggy should answer the bell and then the situation will be settled. As far as the Oilers choking, well on paper they shouldn't beat the Flames. The Oilers impressed me. I think they can improve but with the Flames I think that was as good as it gets.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:37 PM

Never known Iggy to be a dirty player but on the play in question his stick took the feet out from the Edmonton player close to the boards. If it happened any where else the player falls down. Near the boards its alittle different when your falling at high speed and have no control of whats happening. They give penalties all the time for not controling there sticks. Hope Edmontons back up goalie has more success the Calgarys. Kippers probably in the top 5 in the league and he saves alot of points for the flames. Edmontons number 1 we'll have to wait and see.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:28 PM

Brown bear says Oilers finish under .500 I say Oil make playoffs........the bet has been accepted.....( just using this forum so we dont forget the bet ) its for a 24
Old 10-11-2009, 06:44 PM

I wonder which canuck fan was the first to hit the panic button when the news broke today that daniel sedin is out with a broken foot. I wonder if Henrik is gonna pass to open space where his brother usually is.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackpat View Post
That's almost as bad as being a leaf's fan!
GO HAWKS GO!
Old 10-12-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulecrazy View Post
I wonder which canuck fan was the first to hit the panic button when the news broke today that daniel sedin is out with a broken foot. I wonder if Henrik is gonna pass to open space where his brother usually is.
I'm not ready to panic yet. It'll be a pretty good test for the rest of the team. We'll see what kind of secondary scoring they actually have. Although I wouldn't go nearly as far as some "analysts" have predicted to say the Canucks are legitimate cup contenders this year, I would say that they are a much deeper team than they have been in years. D Sedin and Salo's injuries could show if that "depth" is actually any good at all.

I like the look of the Oilers this year compared to last. Even if they don't make the playoffs (I kinda think they'll squeak in), it'll be a much more entertaining season for Oil fans.

The flames have a few lucky wins under their belt in my opinion. That's not to say they aren't a good team but I don't think they're quite as good as their record would indicate.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:50 PM

Old 10-13-2009, 12:28 AM

Oilers win leafs get destroyed and Lamers cough it up as only they can.....Lovn it a very Happy Thanksgiving...lol
Old 10-13-2009, 09:31 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonfodder View Post
oilers win leafs get destroyed and lamers cough it up as only they can.....lovn it a very happy thanksgiving...lol
x2
Old 10-13-2009, 08:44 PM

HMMMM odd it's not Thanksgiving today yet Leafs get owned again and Flames lose after an indifferent effort.......happy days

Mulecrazy? BP where are you? Jamie has an excuse BB is in Wyoming.....lol could the Flames much vaunted D be just smoke and mirrors????
Old 10-13-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
HMMMM odd it's not Thanksgiving today yet Leafs get owned again and Flames lose after an indifferent effort.......happy days

Mulecrazy? BP where are you? Jamie has an excuse BB is in Wyoming.....lol could the Flames much vaunted D be just smoke and mirrors????
Kanon, It goes like this - Flames 2-0 against the Coil so far this season, I am the first to admit the Flames have not played well, in there defence they have a whole new coaching staff, once they adjust to and start playing coach Sutters system they will be fine, when the Flames vaunted D find there game look out....