Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-29-2024, 10:00 PM

Default Taxidermy - looking for multi species display ideas

How are you displaying your taxidermy mounts so that they look good as a group and don't take over the house?

I'm looking for ideas on how to display multiple taxidermy mounts in a concentrated area of my house, a corner with about 6 feet width on each wall.

I currently have mounts randomly displayed throughout my house, which is okay, however I have new mounts coming that I want to display together so I don't keep slowly spreading things out. I already have a whitetail completed. I have to decide on specific type of mount for the bull elk and the caribou mounts. So three mounts, displayed together.

I want to have a plan on how to arrange them together, or at least in close proximity to each other to minimize space requirements. This in turn will dictate how I want the individual taxidermy mounts to be (left turn, right turn, sneak, etc).

I have looked around at what some friends have done, but feel that many just look like an area that is crowded over with random wall mounts. I'm open to wall mounts, pedestal or combination of both.

Any ideas or input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-30-2024, 03:10 PM

When i was single, I had all my mounts up stairs in the living area . After awhile I really did not notice them and kind of got tired of them . I ended up selling 75 % of them . I only kept a few that where harder to replace like my Ram . I now keep them in my basement where i hardly go down to . So now when i do go down stairs I do notice them more .