Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-02-2010, 09:23 PM

Default Wipeout foaming bore cleaner

Is this stuff as good as many claim and has anyone actually bore scoped a factory barrel after using it?

Then I guess who in Alberta sells it? Thanks.

-Billy Molls
Old 07-02-2010, 09:58 PM

i use it liberally....3 patches and im done/// for me i can only get 3- 4 cleanings to a can, cause i repeat the rejimit to make sure its all gone. i think there is a pic floating around in the archives from me......
dont own a bore scope ,,,,, the main reason i like it ,,,i can clean as many rifles as i want at same time and watch the copper come out rather then scrub the coppper out/

edit: if u have a smooth bore that doesnt foul to start with then i dont see a benefit of using this one to any other copper remover, but if the inside of the barrel looks like snake skin, then this product is a gods sent/////
Old 07-02-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Is this stuff as good as many claim and has anyone actually bore scoped a factory barrel after using it?

Then I guess who in Alberta sells it? Thanks.
Yes and Yes. I save a lot of patches and elbow grease using wipeout. It's not a fast cleaner and if used like a typical cleaner it dosen't clean any better. This stuff works best if you give it time. I shoot a shot of it down the bore till it foams out the other end, just takes a little squirt a little goes a long way, let it sit overnight, push a few patches through the next day and watch what comes out. Unless your barrel is extremely fouled and copper laden it rarely needs a second dose. I use a little Kroil oil on a patch to take the wipeout residue away and then a couple dry patches to get most of the kroil out, generally my first shot after cleaning is closer to point of aim with kroil than if i use gun oil. Wipeout will leave carbon in your barrel but so does every other cleaner I ever used. I can get built up burned on carbon out with General Motors, or Mercury Marine combustion chamber cleaner with a bronze brush or JB paste with a bronze brush, I prefer the red over the grey JB, a little more aggressive but I don't like overdoing it with abrasives. Wipeout and combustion chamber carbon removers do not like wood or paint so be careful to keep them off your stock.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:06 PM

i get mine at P&D in edmonton

edit found it
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...ness+godliness
Old 07-02-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeviation View Post
i use it liberally....3 patches and im done/// for me i can only get 3- 4 cleanings to a can, cause i repeat the rejimit to make sure its all gone. i think there is a pic floating around in the archives from me......
Ha, it must be like taking a bubble bath when you clean a gun I find if I use the flexible plastic hose adapter they sell inserted through the chamber with the fitting that seals the throat and keeps it out of the chamber and just a tiny burst it fills the bore, not much waste. I can get a lot of cleanings out of one can, I've been using the same can to clean 3 or 4 guns every weekend for the last couple months. I find one squirt and leave it overnight cleans as well as if you shot it full of foam every hour till the next day.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Yes and Yes. I save a lot of patches and elbow grease using wipeout. It's not a fast cleaner and if used like a typical cleaner it dosen't clean any better. This stuff works best if you give it time. I shoot a shot of it down the bore till it foams out the other end, just takes a little squirt a little goes a long way, let it sit overnight, push a few patches through the next day and watch what comes out. Unless your barrel is extremely fouled and copper laden it rarely needs a second dose. I use a little Kroil oil on a patch to take the wipeout residue away and then a couple dry patches to get most of the kroil out, generally my first shot after cleaning is closer to point of aim with kroil than if i use gun oil. Wipeout will leave carbon in your barrel but so does every other cleaner I ever used. I can get built up burned on carbon out with General Motors, or Mercury Marine combustion chamber cleaner with a bronze brush or JB paste with a bronze brush, I prefer the red over the grey JB, a little more aggressive but I don't like overdoing it with abrasives. Wipeout and combustion chamber carbon removers do not like wood or paint so be careful to keep them off your stock.
How do you apply the combustion chamber carbon remover?

-Billy Molls
Old 07-02-2010, 10:28 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
and just a tiny burst it fills the bore,
ahhhh ,,,but these holes are big ,deep and cold ....
Old 07-02-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
How do you apply the combustion chamber carbon remover?
I've been using Mercury Quicksilver Power tune and lately Amzoil foaming combustion cleaner for about 15 years, abs swear by it.
Sullijr turned me onto it after finding it in Sinclair's catalogue!
I spray it in and let it set for a few minutes, then patch it out , before using Wipeout or other cleaners.
I have left it in overnight , and although it won't remove copper specifically, if there is copper on top of fouling, it will show blue when you patch it out!
Cat
Old 07-02-2010, 10:54 PM

i have used it in both factory barrels and my kriegers, like stated before it doesn't take out the carbon, i do have a bore scope, i use iosso paste for that. i used to use the amsoil stuff that cat talks about but i didn't like spraying that stuff in the house. pud carries wipeout now as well.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:14 AM

So if I'm using JB's for the carbon why not just use it for both?

-Billy Molls
Old 07-03-2010, 08:21 AM

I must be using it wrong cause thats all i use....
the copper comes out the end of the pipe and the carbon comes out on the patches.....in the link i assumed that the black on the patches was carbon, is it not?
Old 07-03-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeviation View Post
I must be using it wrong cause thats all i use....
the copper comes out the end of the pipe and the carbon comes out on the patches.....in the link i assumed that the black on the patches was carbon, is it not?
Yup its powder fouling and carbon, and it takes 90% out but in most barrels that have been shot a lot there is always some carbon that gets burned/plated to the bore in front of the chamber to about half way or so up the barrel and it is really stubborn stuff to get out.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:41 AM

ok ...ic... i will have to try sum carb cleaner . thanks for the tip...
Old 07-03-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
So if I'm using JB's for the carbon why not just use it for both?
JB's is an abrasive type cleaner, and many people would rather use a chemical type cleaner.
Wipeout is so simple to use along with the Amzoil, that I switched to that.
Cat
Old 07-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Banned

i'm loving this wipe out right now, 3 rifles full of it right now....i like it, got the quick squirt thing all figured out now, i keep roll of electrical tape and paper towel and seal up end of barrel and stand it in corner...i like that i can patch out the 3 rifles and fill em back up again in about 5 minutes flat.... until i can get back to them next for another patch out