Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-12-2008, 05:46 PM

Default scope mounting .22 Cooey 60

I'm not sure if I can mount a scope on my old Cooey model 60, since theres no rails or anything to attach to on the barrel. I did call a gun shop once and I was told it would cost a couple hundred to get it done which means its not worth it. Yet if I can do it myself and I find a cheap scope I'd rather put one on this gun, then try and buy one since I don't have my PAL (firearm licence).

Anyone know if its possible or practical to mount a scope on this cannon? lol. I'm a mean shot, yet you can only shoot so far without a scope and I have killed all the near-sighted ones already this year.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:16 PM

Weaver side mt. base #2 and Weaver short side mt rings for 1" scopes maybe $40 for the works....Harold

Last edited by Pioneer2; 05-12-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:50 PM

I have a Cooey model 60 as well, and I used to have a scope on it, although the mount I had was all one peice and took a <1" scope. Anyway, i had to search high and low for that mount, and unfortunately I have lost it. I am also thinking of re-scoping my '60, so to add to the original poster's question, the 4 holes in the side of my reciever do not have screws in them. Do these generally come with the side mount bracket, or do I have to hunt down a certain type of machine screw? If so, does anyone know what it is? I remember the rifle was decently accurate when it was scoped.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:10 PM

Like this rock solid and deadly accurate....................Harold * PS don't bother with the cheap stamped one piece mts or anythink less that 1" dia optics
Old 05-12-2008, 09:13 PM

Gibbs, Get the Weaver #2 side plate it should be identical to to the one you lost holes lining up same thread size.Then add the rings..........Harold
Old 05-12-2008, 09:47 PM

Thank you very much Harold, that certianly looks rock solid.

What magnification and type of scope would you recommend for that gun? I want to see the look on their faces and start nailing them at say 200'. Now that theirs tons of tiny babies around, their hard to hit.

Last edited by PlayDoh; 05-12-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:10 PM

That's an old and indestructable K2.5X Weaver! I like the young gophers as you can line them up like and get several with the same shot ...................As for scopes because the rings are not moveable you need to try a scope on to get proper eye relief.It either fits or not.I chose the Weaver as if I had to mt the turrets ahead of the ring I could if you know what I mean?.......No large objective lens to get in the way if it needed to be moved rearward.Works for me......Harold
Old 06-01-2009, 04:35 PM

Default scope

I just bought a cooey model 60 how much did it cost to put a scope on it cause i might leave mine with open sights depending on price.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:14 PM

Default cooey 60 mounts

Forget the side mounts. Call Rocky Mountain Gunworks in Okotoks. They drill and tap and put a 1 piece dovetail base on, so you can mount a 1inch scope. Call them and ask for a picture, he did a wonderful job on mine. $75.00.

www.rmguns.com
Old 06-15-2009, 08:03 PM

Default model 60 scope

Hey guys. Don't you have to go with the side mount bracket because the mod 60 ejects out the top? Is there other ways or places to mount the scope. I don't think my Cooey has the factory mount screw holes. Gunsmith here wants $80-100 to mount a scope.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:48 PM

Default Mounting a scope on a Cooey Model 60

Hello, I'm a new member. I have a Cooey 22, Model 60, & of course no rails to mount a scope.. Can somebody point me to a link for rails that I can purchase, or some place near to Prince Albert that would install rails for me..
The local Gunsmith here wants $200 to put a Scope mount on my gun.. I'd even look at at purchasing a 22 that is scope ready..