Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-22-2022, 02:54 PM

picked up my first Jigging Jaw Jacker last week sucker out fished me on the weekend not a bad problem to have I suppose gonna try it for big lakers in a few weeks hope I don't break the jaw jacker in half, Also picked up an I Fish Pro.
Old 02-22-2022, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astepanuk View Post
picked up my first Jigging Jaw Jacker last week sucker out fished me on the weekend not a bad problem to have I suppose gonna try it for big lakers in a few weeks hope I don't break the jaw jacker in half, Also picked up an I Fish Pro.
Get used to getting out-fished by the jaw jacker. I put it off on it's own away from everyone. It's like a silent assassin.

I still haven't gotten around to opening my iFish Pro. The thing just looks janky. But I know we'll be using it for pike on Diefenbaker, so I better have a look at it soon.
Old 02-22-2022, 03:40 PM

I'm planning to try the I Fish for Lakers with a dead bait on the bottom of the lake.
Old 02-22-2022, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertanGP View Post
Get used to getting out-fished by the jaw jacker. I put it off on it's own away from everyone. It's like a silent assassin.

I still haven't gotten around to opening my iFish Pro. The thing just looks janky. But I know we'll be using it for pike on Diefenbaker, so I better have a look at it soon.
I recently got the Ifish pro. Its definitely more of a pain to set up. One thing that bothers me is that you NEED bobber stoppers for it and it doesn't mention it on the box. So make sure you grab some and try setting it up at home first. Cuz it was confusing for my first time.

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 02-22-2022, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuyFishin View Post
I recently got the Ifish pro. Its definitely more of a pain to set up. One thing that bothers me is that you NEED bobber stoppers for it and it doesn't mention it on the box. So make sure you grab some and try setting it up at home first. Cuz it was confusing for my first time.
Thanks for the heads up. I knew it needed bobber stops, but I figured they were supplied. Now I have to go looking for my slip bobber tray in my summer gear...
Old 02-22-2022, 04:14 PM

I got an ifish pro this year as well and like mentioned it's a bit of a pain and there's a small learning curve. My suggestion is have 1 rod dedicated to the ifish....
That said it outfished my wife and I both combined last weekend at cold lake. 6 fish on the ifish pro and only 5 combines for us in the tent lol.
Old 02-22-2022, 04:57 PM

Default What New Ice Fishing Gear Has You Excited for This Season?

iFish Pros work well for lakers and pike. As mentioned, you need bobber stops for them.

One tip I have for them is to use an Olfa knife and make a single cut through one side of the red clip where the line goes through so you can clip it onto the line or take it off when not in use. I found it to be a pain to have to hold the loop while I pulled line off and fed a slow sinking dead bait down, especially in 100 FOW for lake trout. This way I adjust the bobber stop to where I want the first time and from then on I can just clip the loop on when I get it down to depth.

You can also pop it off and use the rod normally without having to cut your knots off to get the loop off.

Here’s a pic with the pen tip pointing to the slit.

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 02-22-2022, 05:11 PM

I went back to the HT riggers for the most part. More convenient and work well. By the end of last season ifish pros were staying on the shelf.
Old 02-22-2022, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OL_JR View Post
I went back to the HT riggers for the most part. More convenient and work well. By the end of last season ifish pros were staying on the shelf.
And they are a lot cheaper.