Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 12-09-2021, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Condo's in Canmore are very expensive, you need a lot of bleeding hearts to help pay your mortgage.
Exactly

Idiots donate and do not follow up

These one man crusades profit one man. Duh. Collect $100k, spend $5k on a video.....perfect math
Old 12-09-2021, 10:54 AM

Out of curiosity I went through the wolf-dog sanctuary near Cochrane and did an 'enhanced' tour.

I listened with an open mind and some of what they say is true. Much of it is emotionally based and in my opinion not accurate. (Everyone has their right to their opinion)

The bleeding heart babble that thousands of people get every year there is definitely having an effect on the otherwise uniformed.
Old 12-12-2021, 11:34 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
The anti's got beaver trapping stopped in one state and within a couple years municipalities had millions of dollars in damage. They had to bring back beaver control. I suspect this would be the same outcome if these anti's get any traction with this effort.

On the anti's page it states, " Provincial governments in Canada have not meaningfully updated provincial trapping regulations in almost one hundred years". This statement is not true. Canada and Alberta have both been leaders in trap and snare development and have been instrumental in helping set the global industry standards.
And that my friend is how you counter them.

Write your MP, the Minister, SRD, anyone and everyone who has any say in setting wildlife policy.

Point out what happens when trapping and hunting is stopped.

Find examples of disease spreading, wildlife damage and population explosions where it has been done, if possible.

Write letters to editors laying out what you see when trapping and hunting is stopped.

You won't get anywhere going after the antis. You need look no further then the covid thread to see how effective that is.

I've written a lot of letters over the last ten years, but one person doesn't get noticed. We need hundred or if possible, thousands of hunters and trappers to get involved.

One lesson I learned back when being an anti became popular, what effects trappers effects all outdoorsman.

When they went after trappers it never occurred to me that they would go after hunters next, but they did.

No outdoor activity is off the table with these lairs.

Hunters, trappers, zoos, rodeos, even campers are legitimate targets to them.

We fight together or we loose. Thus far we have lost most of the battles.
Time to win a few.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 12-13-2021, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
Are you thinking about the story from February 2019? John Marriott was involved in developing the story to further his agenda:
https://thenarwhal.ca/two-banff-nati...d-by-trapping/

IIRC there was a thread about it at the time?
I was the trapper that they got most of this from and they were relentless most of the winter. They stole most of the snares from two bait sites. One of the other snare sites they pushed all the snares on the ground and that’s how the one wolf got caught by a back foot. Another bait they cut all the snares in three pieces an took the hardware. They removed four lynx cubbies for me. I have multiple trail cam pics of them an they admitted they were the ones. Fish an wildlife said they didn't have enough of a case to charge them but they have been warned they will be charged if they bother me again. They also brought dogs in so they could have a story that the mean trapper was catching dogs ( they walked right past a big bold metal sighn I put up that says lethal an restraining traps set all dogs must be on a leash) which when two news crews did a story they climbed the tree an riped the sign down before the news crew was there. This organization is the one that got grizzly hunting shut down in BC and they are working on getting cat hunting as well. They are a real threat! They purposely go looking for stuff or the average person would never find my carcass pile, lynx cubbies, ect.