Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-15-2021, 11:53 PM

Default My 7 Day Northern Alberta Fishing Adventure

I made a documentary of my 7 day fishing adventure to 8 different lakes I have never fished before in my life. Never knew Northern Alberta fishing could be so enjoyable, we have some great fishing locations in this province.

Hope you enjoy: https://youtu.be/51jEIN5qPnQ

Last edited by litwin; 08-16-2021 at 12:12 AM.
Old 08-16-2021, 10:12 PM

That was a very well produced video.You captured the scenery and the feel of every lake.It was exciting to see what lake you were arriving at every day.The best part was it was presented as every fun loving fisherman would enjoy and not about all the sponsor promo.I felt like i was out there with ya.Look forward to your next video and best of luck on your next adventure.
Old 08-17-2021, 12:03 AM

Thanks for the feedback, it is really appreciated!

Starting to think about what my next years 7 day adventure is going to be, might have to take the boat out of province to Sask or Manitoba. Love the challenge of getting on new lakes everyday.

Old 08-17-2021, 01:26 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed that. You have a talent for making good content. Well done. Hope to see more vids.
Old 08-17-2021, 10:55 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

very well done...some of my haunts for the most part...some great fishing to be had....thx for sharing.

Ohh and I am glad to see I am not the only one getting hooked and dancing with a flopping fish

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 08-17-2021, 09:03 PM

Thanks for the feedback, really trying to get that documentary type of video creation that the community would be interested in.

As for that fish, it was the first time on the boat I really felt helpless being all alone. I had to edit out a lot of F#$% words , I was surprised the fish actually swam away considering how hard I had to hang on to it to stop it from driving the hook deeper and ripping my thumb apart.

Old 08-18-2021, 06:43 PM

Yeah, that was harsh for sure on that release. I'm had something similar but released the fish before reaching for the first aid...blood all co-mingled with the pike

Like others here, really enjoyed the day to day adventure and you did a smoking good job of presenting it.

I look forwards to the next adventure.
Old 08-18-2021, 07:32 PM

One of the longest videos I've watched and I skip most of the fishing videos. I hung in there and watched your 7 day adventure and it looked awesome. Lots of camera action, a go-pro or similar camera a boat mounted camera, a drone and I don't now what else? The only lake I've been to on your trip was Cold Lake. I know you loved it. Thanks for sharing.