Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-01-2012, 08:58 PM

Default NSR Fishing

Hey Guys,
I'm planning on hitting the North Saskatchewan early next week in/around Edmonton. Anyone have any recommendations for where to go where the river is open? Any ideas would be appreciated. Report & pics to come.
Thanks
Fishtech
Old 04-01-2012, 09:32 PM

River is still frozen damn near solid in the terwilleger area.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:46 PM

goldbar water treatment is always open
Old 04-02-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingFrenzy View Post
River is still frozen damn near solid in the terwilleger area.
Cool thanks man, good to know.

Quote:
goldbar water treatment is always open
Ill probably fish around goldbar down to the rundell area. Awsome Guys Thanks! Ill let you know how it goes.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:05 AM

Hermitage is a good bet but sees alot of traffic
Old 04-06-2012, 04:03 PM

I am by no means an expert and haven't really ever paid much attention to the river before. As being new to this site and re-discovered fishing last summer, I have been looking at the NSR in a different light. I was at Goldbar park yesterday and at Hermitage as well and yes the water is open in both locations, however and maybe this comes from my lack of experience but the water level seems to be quite high at both locations. There is a very very small (maybe 20-25 feet long and 4feet wide) "beach" that one could fish from at the Goldbar location.

I am not sure where people fish at Hermitage park, I walked along the river from the large storm water outflow about 100 meters or so. There was ice along the shore the whole way. Given my inexperience with the area I can not be sure if there are any "beach" areas to fish from or is this an area where I need to bring my rubber boots?

Before the snow yesterday the whitemud creek was open and flowing and the mouth at the NSR was also open, but there was a significant amount of solid ice about 50 feet or so into the river. The beach area was very wet and very muddy, something that I suspect yesterdays snow will make only worse. Plus there is lots of "junk" and construction waste in the water (both river and creek) in that area.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Albert Tom View Post
I am by no means an expert and haven't really ever paid much attention to the river before. As being new to this site and re-discovered fishing last summer, I have been looking at the NSR in a different light. I was at Goldbar park yesterday and at Hermitage as well and yes the water is open in both locations, however and maybe this comes from my lack of experience but the water level seems to be quite high at both locations. There is a very very small (maybe 20-25 feet long and 4feet wide) "beach" that one could fish from at the Goldbar location.

I am not sure where people fish at Hermitage park, I walked along the river from the large storm water outflow about 100 meters or so. There was ice along the shore the whole way. Given my inexperience with the area I can not be sure if there are any "beach" areas to fish from or is this an area where I need to bring my rubber boots?

Before the snow yesterday the whitemud creek was open and flowing and the mouth at the NSR was also open, but there was a significant amount of solid ice about 50 feet or so into the river. The beach area was very wet and very muddy, something that I suspect yesterdays snow will make only worse. Plus there is lots of "junk" and construction waste in the water (both river and creek) in that area.
did you catch any fish?
Old 04-07-2012, 11:38 AM

Unfortunately I didn't bring my gear, was just checking out and trying to find some of the locations that I have seen discussed on the forum. I am hoping that I will get a break from work in the next week or so and be able to try my luck then.