Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 01-29-2010, 10:34 PM

Default What about traditional archery?

I've been shooting a bow since I was 11 yrs old (over 20yrs now). I've shot some traditional bows (not mine) in the past and have allways wanted to get into a decent recurve bow. I know what I need for draw length and what I want for wieght. Where is a good reputable place a guy can go and talk, buy, or try some traditional gear? I've read one of Fred Asbell's books a few years back also on the topic great points in the book that I've managed to remember in my search.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:48 AM

You can find reviews on my site, www.peteward.com look in the trad review pages. For a traditional shop in Alberta try Dennis at www.Git-r-donearchery.com

Pete
Old 01-30-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petew View Post
You can find reviews on my site, www.peteward.com look in the trad review pages. For a traditional shop in Alberta try Dennis at www.Git-r-donearchery.com

Pete
Thanks petew, I'll check these sites out when I get more time.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:57 AM

Shorthair...... if your interested in meeting others into the traditional there is the Alberta Traditional bowhunters assoc. if yo get into longbows there is the NALS and the Rocky Mountain Longbow club as well, the ATBA will be at the sportsman show in Calgary next weekend if you have any other question contact me, or Pete Ward has a web site as well that is very helpful
Old 01-30-2010, 10:05 AM

The ATBA shoots the Video system every Friday night at Trophy Book in Spruce grove. If you can make it join in and have some fun. Contact me first and I can bring a bow for you to use if you need one.

Pete
Old 01-31-2010, 08:56 PM

I too shoot traditional. I've dealt with Dennis at git-r-done, he's excellent another excellent Alberta trad archery source is Bert Frelink from Pincher Creek http://quartermoonbows.com/
Bert is a first class guy and is a wealth of knowledge, I originally met him at an event and he let me shoot one of his longbows, that's all it took I was hooked!