Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 08:45 AM

I'm going to shoot a arrow 61 yards using a WB today. I "hope" the arrow lands where I aim it. LOL

Don
Old 02-01-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Parsons View Post
I'm going to shoot a arrow 61 yards using a WB today. I "hope" the arrow lands where I aim it. LOL

Don
God speed good man!

If it wasn't so cold, I would try with a drop away...but I shouldn't because it will just fail anyhow

LC
Old 02-01-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetick View Post
LOL you definitely have a way with words Brandons dad . you have not one word of advice yet you post an opinion about others comments , WoW are WE BORED OR WHAT .
I offered proper advice and have been ridiculed for doing so ,after I call BS on one post when I know in fact the drop away has issues while hunting and stalking game in the field .
When you have some more experience to share by all mean please do so , if its only to attack me think first and type later .
I just love this forum for its brilliance and yet young experience and then the wanna be just jump right out , Probably why most users from the past have left it .
I certainly did offer advice and provided an excellent method of cleaning arrows.....

I love the whisker biscuit........ it is awesome for scrubbing the blood off my arrow once I have knocked down an animal with my QAD equipped Darton.

Seriously, for the benefit of the OP this is picture of my bow set up with a QAD HDX (I have the same on my target and 3D rig). I know it is a terrible example since the Darton 3800 is an entry level beginner bow, but it was all I qualified for given my lack of experince

Bluetick,

Why don't you post a photo of your bow to show the proper setup of a Whisker Biscuit. You almost have me convinced to switch and the photo might seal the deal.

Last edited by jungleboy; 01-01-2024 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Parsons View Post

Don
OMG be careful with that don't push the limits of the biscuit
I am confident you will do just fine as I am sure you are as well.
Just in case though you better rush out for a drop away rest :}
Old 02-01-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
I certainly did offer advice and provided an excellent method of cleaning arrows.....

I love the whisker biscuit........ it is awesome for scrubbing the blood off my arrow once I have knocked down an animal with my QAD equipped Darton.

Seriously, for the benefit of the OP this is picture of my bow set up with a QAD HDX (I have the same on my target and 3D rig). I know it is a terrible example since the Darton 3800 is an entry level beginner bow, but it was all I qualified for given my lack of experince

Bluetick,

Why don't you post a photo of your bow to show the proper setup of a Whisker Biscuit. You almost have me convinced to switch and the photo might seal the deal.
now we are comparing sizes like real men ?
nah I don't show off I just brag lots .
Though I am well aware on this board that if your equipment is the best and the most expensive that makes you a better and more experienced hunter !
Old 02-01-2018, 10:29 AM
Banned

Experience doesn’t mean your better at something. If you’ve done something wrong for 40 plus years, it doesn’t necessarily make it right. You haven’t had an issue with your WB’s and that’s great. It doesn’t mean it’s the only way. By no means am I insulting the way you are hunting. But the way you have come across on here has not been the best.

My experience is 5 years with a WB. This year I picked up a drop away. I only spot and stalk. So do the majority of the “pro hunters” that I follow on Instagram, Facebook, and tv shows. So do most of the guys I know that bow hunt.

Basically, you have your way Bluetic, and I am happy it works for you. Same as Lefty, his way works for him. But it’s not the “only” way and I have no plans of doing it again with a WB after embracing the drop away in my RioCord Ace.

Just as a matter of curiosity Bluetic, what is it about a drop test that makes it “impossible” to spot and stalk with? Mine offers complete arrow capture and it’s surrounded in rubber and felt for no noise. The only time I can see a drop rest being a hinderance is in the cooler slushy snow/sleet/rain and maybe it’ll freeze up. But that’s a very slim chance, and in the same conditions, a WB could cause the same issues.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
Experience doesn’t mean your better at something. If you’ve done something wrong for 40 plus years, it doesn’t necessarily make it right. You haven’t had an issue with your WB’s and that’s great. It doesn’t mean it’s the only way. By no means am I insulting the way you are hunting. But the way you have come across on here has not been the best.

My experience is 5 years with a WB. This year I picked up a drop away. I only spot and stalk. So do the majority of the “pro hunters” that I follow on Instagram, Facebook, and tv shows. So do most of the guys I know that bow hunt.

Basically, you have your way Bluetic, and I am happy it works for you. Same as Lefty, his way works for him. But it’s not the “only” way and I have no plans of doing it again with a WB after embracing the drop away in my RioCord Ace.

Just as a matter of curiosity Bluetic, what is it about a drop test that makes it “impossible” to spot and stalk with? Mine offers complete arrow capture and it’s surrounded in rubber and felt for no noise. The only time I can see a drop rest being a hinderance is in the cooler slushy snow/sleet/rain and maybe it’ll freeze up. But that’s a very slim chance, and in the same conditions, a WB could cause the same issues.
I have not used a biscuit for 40 years I have used many different rest and the accuracy with biscuit if your bow is tuned right and your rest is set right there are no issues , The answer is yea you can shoot 60 like you shoot 20 30 or 40 , That was the question ,
Yes we all have a preference and I don't think I have been doing anything wrong for 40 years? I have tried many and had success and failure with many .
Remember I am only referring to hunting equipment .
I never said it was impossible to stalk and hunt with a drop away I said they have more possibility of issues and only once questioned a members statement of never ever having an issue and called BS .
The way I came across on here ???

I commented that a biscuit to hunt though not a competition rest !!
Old 02-01-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
now we are comparing sizes like real men ?
nah I don't show off I just brag lots .
Though I am well aware on this board that if your equipment is the best and the most expensive that makes you a better and more experienced hunter !
Bluetick

Not comparing anything and I promise I won't judge.... but what good is it to tell the OP the biscuit is the way to go without assisting him with a proper setup or what it should look like.

1. Is it tight against the riser or back over the wrist?
2. Is it 90 degrees to the riser or a slightly top forward
3. Do you use any powder on the bristles
4. Anything else from your experience.

A photo is worth a 1000 words!

OP,

I used the biscuit for several years and found it to be accurate, easy to tune, and fool proof. Prior to the biscuit I had a Quick Tune 3000 and the biscuit was an improvement due to the full containment and simplicity. From the biscuit I went to the QAD with the full containment. Due to the improvements over the Quick tune 3000 "I" feel that the QAD is an improvement over the Biscuit. In 9 years I have never had a problem with the QAD in practice or the field and given it's quality I do not worry about it failing. My job and awesome wife allows me in access of 40 days of bowhunting each fall so the QAD had definitely seen lots of use. Eventually I would like to investigate a limb driven system but the only experience I have had with them thus far was a G5 C-max that came as a package with my Prime Alloy and I was not impressed. Don_Parsons has provided his personal and a buddies experience with the Biscuit and I am sure he will have many years of happy hunting with it. If you decide on the Biscuit I am sure you will as well and it will not be the deciding factor between success or failure.

Bluetick,

I may have poked fun at you, but other than getting into a name calling contest and looking like a complete idiot, how else do you suggest I deal with you? No need to get your blood pressure up, for god sakes its just the internet and a bunch hunters in the off season.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Bluetick

Not comparing anything and I promise I won't judge.... but what good is it to tell the OP the biscuit is the way to go without assisting him with a proper setup or what it should look like.

1. Is it tight against the riser or back over the wrist?
2. Is it 90 degrees to the riser or a slightly top forward
3. Do you use any powder on the bristles
4. Anything else from your experience.

A photo is worth a 1000 words!

OP,

I used the biscuit for several years and found it to be accurate, easy to tune, and fool proof. Prior to the biscuit I had a Quick Tune 3000 and the biscuit was an improvement due to the full containment and simplicity. From the biscuit I went to the QAD with the full containment. Due to the improvements over the Quick tune 3000 "I" feel that the QAD is an improvement over the Biscuit. In 9 years I have never had a problem with the QAD in practice or the field and given it's quality I do not worry about it failing. My job and awesome wife allows me in access of 40 days of bowhunting each fall so the QAD had definitely seen lots of use. Eventually I would like to investigate a limb driven system but the only experience I have had with them thus far was a G5 C-max that came as a package with my Prime Alloy and I was not impressed. Don_Parsons has provided his personal and a buddies experience with the Biscuit and I am sure he will have many years of happy hunting with it. If you decide on the Biscuit I am sure you will as well and it will not be the deciding factor between success or failure.

Bluetick,

I may have poked fun at you, but other than getting into a name calling contest and looking like a complete idiot, how else do you suggest I deal with you? No need to get your blood pressure up, for god sakes its just the internet and a bunch hunters in the off season.
Was that so hard ?
Old 02-01-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Was that so hard ?
Where's the picture of your setup? I seen the pictures of the Elk, Moose ,and deer you have taken.... nice animals.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:58 PM

Not the best Pics But wasn't sure if this would satisfy your need to discriminate further .
Yep That's a matrix 380 set up : no whisker there for sure :}

Last edited by jungleboy; 01-01-2024 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Not the best Pics But wasn't sure if this would satisfy your need to discriminate further .
Yep That's a matrix 380 set up : no whisker there for sure :}
Was that so hard?
Old 02-01-2018, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Was that so hard?
Old 02-01-2018, 04:08 PM

Easy there Bluetick, you're gonna bust a vein at the rate you're going.

Based on your 40 years experience, I guess I will switch to the Wisker Biscuit, as my paltry 20 years (problem free) experience using a drop away rest apparently doesn't cut it. Or Lefty's experience either. We are both full of BS.

Amateur hour should be over shortly, and we can all carry on with business as usual, getting expert advice from the Really Old Pros. I'm excited.

Jeepers.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-01-2018, 05:06 PM

I never saw a group of people who could turn any question into a pi$$ing match as much as this. Obviously people relying too much on technology
Old 02-01-2018, 05:25 PM
Banned

I like to put the whisker bisket on my kids bows when they are first starting up because it's a simple to use system. The aren't as accurate as a quality fall away rest and I've been using a QAD full containment fall away rest problem free for over a decade. There is no way I will ever go back to a whisker bisket. Like 0% probability of it happening.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion only YMMV.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
I never saw a group of people who could turn any question into a pi$$ing match as much as this. Obviously people relying too much on technology

You couldn't help yourself and had to throw a little pi$$ on the fire as well.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:00 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Talking

Sounds like you all should go traditional, make your bows, make your arrows but then again there would be a squabble over long bow or recurve

Shoot straight eh, fill the freezer, get the meat sweats and fart lots

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-01-2018, 07:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Sounds like you all should go traditional, make your bows, make your arrows but then again there would be a squabble over long bow or recurve

Shoot straight eh, fill the freezer, get the meat sweats and fart lots
Shoot muskets and use a willow for a fishin pole!

Ditch the Mucks for moccasins too
Old 02-02-2018, 09:34 AM

These fellows do a fantastic job debating the topic of "The Pros & Cons of Drop Away vers Wisker Bisket."

A few of the fellows bring up some good points, and I learned something about the WB & DA I didn't know.

http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforum...356620&forum=2

Don

PS: Fair and equal debates are nice.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:27 AM

Default And there we have it

The pros and cons of the whisker biscuit have been debated. There is ample information that can be used to help you choose what rest to use. Choose wisely lol.

This thread has run its course.

Morb