Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-09-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Good luck with that.
well duh!
Old 02-10-2018, 08:29 AM

Is anyone aware there is strength in numbers which means don't support the government in buying tags and any source of easy income they get for a year .Rather then support them and l say we as sportmen in all these clubs that are also doing nothing to get access to hunting and fishing areas and watch more areas get loosed.maybe they should go on the TV when this happens. Does any clubs ( F/G) go on TV telling us that a event is on so maybe the people would be aware and surprise the numbers might grow and ideas could happen to improve not loose so with that let the crowds with the stupid comments pick this apart which is way we are where we are
Old 02-11-2018, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinstone View Post
Is anyone aware there is strength in numbers which means don't support the government in buying tags and any source of easy income they get for a year .Rather then support them and l say we as sportmen in all these clubs that are also doing nothing to get access to hunting and fishing areas and watch more areas get loosed.maybe they should go on the TV when this happens. Does any clubs ( F/G) go on TV telling us that a event is on so maybe the people would be aware and surprise the numbers might grow and ideas could happen to improve not loose so with that let the crowds with the stupid comments pick this apart which is way we are where we are
Not really sure the point you are trying to get across, spell check will do a guy wonders in the future though . On the point ,everyone does have to stick together and there will be sacrifice, the percentage of game taken by spear/Atlati would be under 1% I would say on the high end and that amount would be more of a novelty than achievement. Can it be done ... yes. Is it the best approach .. definitely not. This is in my opinion obviously and can be taken as such. Not a huge Loss imo in comparison to the ammunition it gives an anti.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:00 PM

"The new regulations won’t interfere with the rights of Indigenous hunters to practise traditional hunting methods."

I have never hunted with a spear, but this is discriminatory. Plain and simple.

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor
Old 02-24-2018, 09:46 PM

Thanks for sharing
Old 02-25-2018, 08:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacringa View Post
"The new regulations won’t interfere with the rights of Indigenous hunters to practise traditional hunting methods."

I have never hunted with a spear, but this is discriminatory. Plain and simple.
I thought that's all they used anyway, keeping it traditional of course..