Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-23-2018, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Obviously the people at NBC don't know what an AR-15 is. And they are't the only ones, as soon as AR-15 is mentioned the people without a clue start using the term "assault rifle"".
You just seem to be painting those who are contributing on this thread with the same brush you are using on NBC.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by covey ridge View Post
You just seem to be painting those who are contributing on this thread with the same brush you are using on NBC.
What I am suggesting, is that the average person doesn't know what the AR-15 is. And most of those people do believe what the media is telling them. As far as this forum is concerned , one poster used the term "war gun" when the AR-15 was being discussed.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
What I am suggesting, is that the average person doesn't know what the AR-15 is. And most of those people do believe what the media is telling them. As far as this forum is concerned , one poster used the term "war gun" when the AR-15 was being discussed.
That was me that used that term while describing some loser's attitude and infatuation with ARs. You were quick to point out that the rifle made by Colt was made for the non military market. I knew that and I thing just about everyone here did.

It is not good when one has to weigh every word to avoid getting a correction post from you. Unless you are way older than I think you are I would say I have at least as much knowledge on ARs as you.
Old 02-23-2018, 05:03 PM

Afraid I don’t get the whole ... using a wrong term means you know nothing ... pretty sure I have referred to a rifle “clip” and guess what, I have at least an average knowledge regarding rifles
Old 02-23-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
That was me that used that term while describing some loser's attitude and infatuation with ARs. You were quick to point out that the rifle made by Colt was made for the non military market. I knew that and I thing just about everyone here did.

It is not good when one has to weigh every word to avoid getting a correction post from you. Unless you are way older than I think you are I would say I have at least as much knowledge on ARs as you.
You may know a lot about ARs, as do many AO members, but we are by far the minority of the population, and as such, the media can easily use incorrect pictures and information to mislead the general public. And when even the people that know better refer to the AR-15 as an assault rifle, or "war gun" , we are no better than the media.
Old 02-23-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Afraid I don’t get the whole ... using a wrong term means you know nothing ... pretty sure I have referred to a rifle “clip” and guess what, I have at least an average knowledge regarding rifles
Dang straight my man! A clip has always been and always will be a clip. I also have no problem when my buddies refer to a box of bullets or shells. Good enough for my dad and grandpa, it will always be good enough for me.
Old 02-23-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
When the media uses the term "assault rifle" to describe pretty much any rifle used in a shooting, it is not just an accidental misuse of the term. The media uses the term "assault rifle" to sensationalize things, and to associate the rifle with war , which pretty much everyone considers to be evil and tragic. By doing so, they want the firearms themselves to appear evil, so they can make people fear and despise them. When the people that know better resort to using the same incorrect terminology, we are in fact promoting that agenda, which is the last thing that responsible firearms users should want to do.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:03 PM

Quote:
You may know a lot about ARs, as do many AO members, but we are by far the minority of the population, and as such, the media can easily use incorrect pictures and information to mislead the general public. And when even the people that know better refer to the AR-15 as an assault rifle, or "war gun" , we are no better than the media.
I do not agree with you and from past experience I doubt you will ever agree with anything I say. So for now since I do not want another infraction lets just agree that we disagree on just about everything.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:43 PM
Banned

Quote:

Ok, if you have the knowledge, why are you suggesting they be restricted, more restricted than my Benelli R1 300 WM?