Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-19-2020, 07:30 AM
Banned

Default Now EDMONTON has rails blocked!

Lol, west of the city there’s a rail block between hwy16 and 16a.

I guess when you don’t have to have a job to survive being a menace to society is an easy option.

I hope this serves as a wake up call to all Canadians.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:35 AM

Well, it sure is hard to stop a train.... hopefully these morons don't realize that, and sit right on the tracks in their folding chairs....
Old 02-19-2020, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopbloob View Post
Well, it sure is hard to stop a train.... hopefully these morons don't realize that, and sit right on the tracks in their folding chairs....
Simple. They are trespassing on railway property. See how long you get away with that ?

Grizz
Old 02-19-2020, 08:20 AM

What a joke, Ive been to events in town here and crossed the train tracks to get to the other side and been threatened by rail police to be charged with trespassing and these clowns are making camp on them with no repercussions. Our country is broke
Old 02-19-2020, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Simple. They are trespassing on railway property. See how long you get away with that ?

Grizz
Well this is going on what, 2 weeks now? It boggles my mind they haven't just walked in and arrested any of these people on the tracks yet, they are trespassing after all. So why are the rail lines and the police doing nothing?
Old 02-19-2020, 11:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_G View Post
Well this is going on what, 2 weeks now? It boggles my mind they haven't just walked in and arrested any of these people on the tracks yet, they are trespassing after all. So why are the rail lines and the police doing nothing?
They’re afraid of another Oka. I spent that entire summer on 6 hours notice to move for that one and it screwed up every weekend. In the end they never called us in anyway. Disappointing.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:41 AM

Um,

Wake up to WHAT???

These people could be working, but are not.

The rest of us are working, trying to keep our personal economy and the Canadian economy going.

Best thing to do, is blockade the blockade, and keep them there. Sooner or later they will have to eat, go to the bathroom, warm up...

Best thing that the big railway companies could do is start identifying individual people in the blockade, serve them with the Amended Statement of Claim naming the individuals, and seeking damages for the losses from the illegal blockade (Which is in the millions per day).

THEN seek Summary Judgement against the individuals and haul them in to identify their assets and start seizing property.

Lets see if the ones really behind the Blockades come to their rescue with Legal Fees and Costs.

Lets see if their compatriots put their money where their mouth is to pay for the Damages. The Injunction has already been granted, so the case has been decided already.

When you take it to the individual level, you will see that the ones who have something to loose will move on to other noble causes. That is when they find out that there is no solidarity with their compatriots.

As for the ones really behind this thing, they will quickly disappear in thin air to save their own money.

Drewski
Old 02-19-2020, 07:48 AM

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/nearing-...mers-1.4815032

Trudeaus plan to weaken the west goes into the next phase. Now the grain is blocked. No action is an action.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganderblaster View Post

Trudeaus plan to weaken the west goes into the next phase. Now the grain is blocked. No action is an action.
Is it a civil war?
Old 02-19-2020, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganderblaster View Post

no action is absolutely an action, probably part of a planned strategy
Old 02-19-2020, 08:26 AM

Why-oh-why can’t a horde of natives who do want the pipeline and the accompanying jobs go in and drop the gloves on these useless people? That would truly speak volumes and would successfully negate cries of racism or colonization. Obviously the RCMP have been neutered by their appointed higher-ups (people obviously granted authority well above their level of competency).

Oh how I wish the Conservative party had already chosen a new leader, this blockade circus is a prime candidate for a vote of no-confidence in Parliament.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Why-oh-why can’t a horde of natives who do want the pipeline and the accompanying jobs go in and drop the gloves on these useless people? That would truly speak volumes and would successfully negate cries of racism or colonization. Obviously the RCMP have been neutered by their appointed higher-ups (people obviously granted authority well above their level of competency).

Oh how I wish the Conservative party had already chosen a new leader, this blockade circus is a prime candidate for a vote of no-confidence in Parliament.
That would be great. Unfortunately the natives I know who are against this are all at work today...
Old 02-19-2020, 08:27 AM

The saying "give them an inch and they'll take a mile" keeps replaying in my head.

How much more of this CAN we take? How much more of this WILL we take?

I feel like, if I were to randomly come across one of the blockades. I would make the news. I know I'm not the only one who is fed up with this.

On one had, this is opening many eyes across the country at just how spoiled and entitled the gov. has made these FN people.
It's also reinforcing how useless our gov. is.

On the other, we are letting a small group erode the foundation of a great country and province while we stand by watching.

Where will this stop? How much is too much?
Old 02-19-2020, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
I feel like, if I were to randomly come across one of the blockades. I would make the news. I know I'm not the only one who is fed up with this.
Like this guy?

https://globalnews.ca/news/6533542/v...ockade-arrest/

Bout time for a civil war, when can we get this started?
Old 02-19-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
Um,

Wake up to WHAT???

The rest of us are working, trying to keep our personal economy and the Canadian economy going.

Best thing to do, is blockade the blockade, and keep them there. Sooner or later they will have to eat, go to the bathroom, warm up...

Best thing that the big railway companies could do is start identifying individual people in the blockade, serve them with the Amended Statement of Claim naming the individuals, and seeking damages for the losses from the illegal blockade (Which is in the millions per day).

THEN seek Summary Judgement against the individuals and haul them in to identify their assets and start seizing property.

Lets see if the ones really behind the Blockades come to their rescue with Legal Fees and Costs.

Lets see if their compatriots put their money where their mouth is to pay for the Damages. The Injunction has already been granted, so the case has been decided already.

When you take it to the individual level, you will see that the ones who have something to loose will move on to other noble causes. That is when they find out that there is no solidarity with their compatriots.

As for the ones really behind this thing, they will quickly disappear in thin air to save their own money.

Drewski
Wish this could take place, send this info to the railroad people, maybe they just need this info to start .
Old 02-19-2020, 07:57 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

or call in one has a handgun.....now poop will happen.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-19-2020, 08:02 AM
Banned

It’s time to stop paying federal taxes and stop ALL funding to any fn band who supports this action. They want the RCMP out of the northern B.C. community, fine, give them NOTHING!!!! No police, no medical, no education, and NO NATURAL RESOURCES. WIN WIN.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod View Post
Wish this could take place, send this info to the railroad people, maybe they just need this info to start .
Nimrod,

This is the ONLY WAY to deal with so called People of Principle.

Charge them with S. 430 (1)(c) under the Criminal Code (Mischief to Property: Obstructs, Interrupts, or interfering with the lawful use, enjoyment or operation of property,...). Conviction is very easy, and has to be pursued.

Bring the Civil Damages case for the Breach of the Injunction.

Get the Judgement on a Summary Judgement Application against the individuals.

Because the damages arose from a Criminal Action they will not be able to get Discharge of the Judgement on Bankruptcy.

Start seizing anything and everything from the Protesters.

Its that simple. Principle does have a price. Lets see if the Protesters are willing to pay it.

Drewski
Old 02-19-2020, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Um,

Drewski
This is what needs to happen!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Um,

Wake up to WHAT???

Drewski

Drewski for PM!

BW
Old 02-19-2020, 09:09 AM

CN just laid off 450 people due to this.

That's 450 angry people with nothing to do at the moment....

Just saying...
Old 02-19-2020, 01:56 PM

Im not in favor of what they are doing, however I am gonna look at it from this angle:

The more we see this, the more people will be forced to realize:

We have no leadership in the provinces, federally, or in policing

We are being held hostage by a group of special interests and a small handful of FN.

Our "leaders" are scared of them. They are weak.

The more this happens, and the longer it plays out is actually good.

Because SOMEONE other than what we have in office will make a decision.

The perpetual hand wringers like Trudeau and his gaggle of idiots, the RCMP, the other Police agencies, are showing their lack of ability to everyone. And Im loving it because this group of terrorists are taking over.

Lord please let it be a woman who finally puts an end to their terrorist activities. To me, thats the perfect scenario.

Dont get me wrong. I dont support the blockades. But I do believe that their actions will show that these elected people are simply weak and incapable and scared.

I hope Canadians remember these events. Acts of terrorism on our soil in 2020. And our politicians and police did absolutely nothing (except run photo radar which I saw a few minutes ago)
Old 02-19-2020, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Im not in favor of what they are doing, however I am gonna look at it from this angle:

The more we see this, the more people will be forced to realize:

We have no leadership in the provinces, federally, or in policing

We are being held hostage by a group of special interests and a small handful of FN.

Our "leaders" are scared of them. They are weak.

The more this happens, and the longer it plays out is actually good.

Because SOMEONE other than what we have in office will make a decision.

The perpetual hand wringers like Trudeau and his gaggle of idiots, the RCMP, the other Police agencies, are showing their lack of ability to everyone. And Im loving it because this group of terrorists are taking over.

Lord please let it be a woman who finally puts an end to their terrorist activities. To me, thats the perfect scenario.

Dont get me wrong. I dont support the blockades. But I do believe that their actions will show that these elected people are simply weak and incapable and scared.

I hope Canadians remember these events. Acts of terrorism on our soil in 2020. And our politicians and police did absolutely nothing (except run photo radar which I saw a few minutes ago)
Nailed it!
Old 02-19-2020, 02:07 PM

Yup, well said.
If the UWR is planning that protest for later today I bet the RCMP "choose" to intercept the group before they get there. Hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me with what we have seen from our leaders and law enforcement as of late....
Old 02-19-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Nailed it!
And when this gets too big to handle, the best solution is to "Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war"

It is a terrorist act. This is what we have a military for.

They hunt them down on the streets of Khandahar. Now hunt them down on the streets of Kanada.
Old 02-19-2020, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
And when this gets too big to handle, the best solution is to "Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war"

It is a terrorist act. This is what we have a military for.

They hunt them down on the streets of Khandahar. Now hunt them down on the streets of Kanada.
X2 It's a terrorist act all the way, let the military loose and lock up or do whatever it takes to stop these criminals.

JD
Old 02-19-2020, 02:11 PM

For anyone that has an interest in delving a bit deeper into the truth behind what the origins are of the situation that precipitated this, than the link below is worth reading.

It is a concise compilation of mostly indigenous and some non-indigenous contributions from the people of the Bulkley Valley.

https://www.jlsreport.com/2020/01/15...ditary-chiefs/
Old 02-19-2020, 02:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkin View Post
For anyone that has an interest in delving a bit deeper into the truth behind what the origins are of the situation that precipitated this, than the link below is worth reading.

It is a concise compilation of mostly indigenous and some non-indigenous contributions from the people of the Bulkley Valley.

Why is this not public knowledge? Why does the media ignore this? Why do our politicians hide from this?
Old 02-19-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:

Interesting. Thanks for posting. I'm sure the "real"? people will have to clarify what is what as some point as far as who is chief and who isn't.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 02-19-2020, 05:39 PM

Quote:

This site is a treasure trove of information