Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-28-2024, 06:27 PM

Default 9mm Carbine

I'm looking at getting the 9mm in a Carbine rifle but, want opinions on it before I pull the trigger on getting one
Old 02-28-2024, 07:13 PM

I have a Kodiak defence K9, 400 rnds, Zero problems.
Buddy bought his, same gun same day, zero problems and fairly accurate with the Vortex red dots.

Tullfan
Old 02-29-2024, 06:47 AM

My opinion is that they're fun to shoot, gobble up lots of ammo, and being blowbacks they get a little dirty behind the ears. lol

Kidding aside, all kinds of fun...but ammo cost limits how much I use mine. In fact, they're so much fun to shoot that whatever I bring ammo-wise will be gone every time/no exception. I limit how much I bring. lol

Lots of cool options, including that new S&W folder but if I were setting-out today to get one, it would probably be the one in the header of this article;

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...efensive-plan/
Old 02-29-2024, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogger View Post
My opinion is that they're fun to shoot, gobble up lots of ammo, and being blowbacks they get a little dirty behind the ears. lol

Kidding aside, all kinds of fun...but ammo cost limits how much I use mine. In fact, they're so much fun to shoot that whatever I bring ammo-wise will be gone every time/no exception. I limit how much I bring. lol

Lots of cool options, including that new S&W folder but if I were setting-out today to get one, it would probably be the one in the header of this article;

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...efensive-plan/
I bring 1 box to the range. Load 5 mags, and thats it. Otherwise I’d have nothing left for my pistol. A guy could go through 400rnds pretty quickly just pulling the trigger and giggling. So…. Need to pace myself.

Tullfan
Old 02-29-2024, 08:01 PM

My vote would be for a Lockhart Raven 9. They handle very nice.
Old 02-29-2024, 08:22 PM

My freedom ordinance runs great. Lots of options for the fx9.
Old 02-29-2024, 08:27 PM

I happily foster a few. Try to get some hands on. Your budget will help determine your choice as well. Best of luck and welcome to the pcc world!
Old 03-01-2024, 10:28 AM

I enjoyed the ruger pc9. I say enjoyed, because it was just getting to costly to run, so I stepped it back down to the 22lr.

Personally, I would get something that you can run the glock mags in, and use the 40 s&W mags. Why?

Because if you get the steel feed lip ones, you can crimp the feed lips in a bit to hold the 9mm, and then run 13/14 rounds in the mag that was meant for 10. Yes this is still legal in Canada. As long as it only holds 10 of the rounds it was built to hold, which it will still do, hold 10 rounds of 40S&W rounds.

They are fun!
Old 03-02-2024, 09:16 AM

There are definitely some good options out there, I decided to go the Ruger route with the Magpul Packpacker stock on it. I put a basic red dot on it, and it sure is a fun little rifle to shoot. The point about going through ammo quickly is valid!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-02-2024, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darr3n View Post
I'm looking at getting the 9mm in a Carbine rifle but, want opinions on it before I pull the trigger on getting one
Go to the gun stores, if you haven't done so already, and see which one feels the most comfortable.

All the carbines mentioned have there pro's and con's. There is no perfect carbine.