Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Gone Hunting

Default Who is using this big scrape???????

This time of year while out hunting my blood gets hot when I find a BIG rub or scrape. Before trail cams it was all up to my imagination as to what sort of buck was working those big rubs and scrapes.

I found a real big scrape a few days back and set up two trail cams in the area, one right lokkin at the scrape.

Here is a pretty good mature buck I got a few pics of. I got him using the licking branch, peein down his legs and pawing the scrape.

AND

Thanks T-bark! Have a good one!

Robin in Rocky

Last edited by duffy4; 10-23-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:17 AM

Well done, Robin! A good use of a trail cam to answer a question.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:10 AM

Do you think he is a 3x3? Good thinking.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:36 AM

hey duffy! i love the pics! this is one thing i love about this forum, now i have another idea i'll be robbin, mcdonalds don't serve deer burgers and once again i'll just have to go get my own. you're right, when i see a monster scrape i always imagine a monster buck must have made it. your photos show an average 4 point that's way too energetic. i had a simular problem this september with an elk; i hunt close to the urban areas and the elk are getting a little too savvy when it comes to answering my calls, while hunting a big ridge west of reddeer i let loose a big bugle just for practice and i was answered by one of the biggest, baddest and loudest calls i have heard in years. this bull was coming in!! he bugled and chuckled every few seconds and when he appeared (at about 15 yards) my 7x7 had turned into a spiker! maybe his voice had just went through the "change" talk about lunchbag let down!