Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-30-2011, 09:52 AM

Default Coalition attempt

Michael Ignatieff called Jack Layton over to his office one day and said, "Jack, I have a plan to win over Alberta!"

"Great, but how?" asked Jack.

"We'll go to WalMart, get some Western clothes and boots like most Albertans wear then stop at the pound and pick up a Labrador . When we look the part, we'll go to a nice old country bar in Calgary and show them how much admiration and respect we have for the hard working people living there."

So they did, and found just the place they were looking for in Calgary . With the dog in tow they walked inside and stepped up to the bar.
The Bartender took a step back and said, "Aren't you Michael Ignatieff and Jack Layton?"

"Yes we are," said Michael, "And what a lovely city you have here. We were passing through and Jack suggested we stop and take in some local color." They ordered a round of Canadian on the house and started chatting up a storm with anyone who would listen.

A grizzled old farmer came in, walked up to the Labrador , lifted its tail and looked underneath, shrugged his shoulders and walked out. A few moments later, in came another old rancher. He walked up to the dog, lifted its tail, looked underneath, scratched his head and left the bar.

For the next hour, another dozen farmers and ranchers came in, lifted the dog's tail, and left looking puzzled.

Finally, Michael asked,”why did all those old farmers and ranchers come in and look under the dog's tail? Is it some sort of custom?"

"Lord no," said the bartender. "It's just that someone told them there was a Labrador in here with two *******s!"
Old 04-30-2011, 10:56 AM

Old 04-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Banned

And that about sums it up!
I fear that we'll end up with another minority govt folks! talk about an ineffective way of doing things.
I attended the ANZAC memorial service at Edmonton city hall last Sunday. I saw and spoke with Col.(ret) Laurie Hawn, MP and asked him about the situation in Ottawa and why not change the system that allows the parties to "gang" up on a governing body.
I also asked him why party leaders are allowed to whip votes like the vote that happened to scrap the gun registry. I told him that I thought that this situation destroys a democracy, since the constituents are the ones who tell an elected official how to vote, not the leader of a political party. His response was that we would have to re-write the constitution. My response to that was let's get it done!
I'm thinking that I'm getting awfully tired of having election after election.