Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-30-2011, 04:31 PM

Default New Refrigerator

So the old L.G. fridge that I have had for over twenty years is starting to act up so I thought I would look at a new one. It seems every fridge I look up on the net reviews has a problem. There is a class action lawsuit in the states against Samsung, one guys new L.G. only lasted 5 years and he could get nowhere with his dealer. Sears has poor customer service. Lots of people have said the would never buy Whirlpool again. I was wondering if anyone has found a new fridge they are really happy with?
thanks for any replies.

Last edited by artie; 04-30-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:58 PM

Never heard the Sears "poor customer service issue" before for we have bought many appliances, tractors and shop vacs from them and always been pleased. the tractor was not suitable for the jobs I was doing but they even took that back a year later when the accessories continued to shake themselves apart.
Our old 15 year old fridge had been acting up and repaired a few times so we decided to replace last Xmas but waited for the Sears Boxing Day sale. Got fridge over freezer bottom drawer and works great and very convenient compared to the side by side we did have. Saved between $4-500. on the sale.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:37 PM

Default Refridgerator

Without question Sears. Their warranty is outstanding. The reviews your reading may be from the US. I think in looking at different things myself that sears.ca is a different animal than sears.com. All of our appliances are Kenmore (sears) and although I would be lying if I said nothing ever broke I can say it was always repaired promptly with zero hassle.