Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-18-2013, 07:56 PM

Here are the rods I would love to try and see if they are worth the money.http://www.tedssportscenter.com/sageSA.htm
Old 02-18-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishunter327 View Post
Here are the rods I would love to try and see if they are worth the money.http://www.tedssportscenter.com/sageSA.htm
Im sure they would be amazing.......i really do enjoy my fly rods from sage, so i would guess these would be fun. Thanks for the link
Old 02-18-2013, 08:26 PM

my vote goes to the ambassadeur 7ooo series. pretty much bullet proof. can be used as a great river reel as well.casts great. i went to the west coast style single action reels but keep my ambassadeur around for a good back up. always take it to mexico as well. great multi purpose reel that can be put on a number of rods for whatever you need.
what size of boat are you running? if its over 19 or 20ft with a good size fishing area in the back i would get bigger rods (10 or 11ft). if its for a smaller boat then 8 or 9 footers will be good. as far as rods go i would go with nothing too fancy. bad things tend to happen to long rods especally with downriggers. you can get an ok rigger rod for under 100 bucks. i like to keep an extra one on the boat just incase.