Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-25-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom55 View Post
An open letter to the rolling hillbilly. You asked me to post the information to back my argument. Then you go ahead and insult me for doing it. You altered the scenario a couple of ways to suit your baseless argument and you stand on a mountain of self-righteousness to do it.
You could not have possibly read and disseminated the web pages I posted in the hour that it took you to react to my post, never mind referring to page 19, as advised,
to find the data concerning, among other things, the proper handling of fish with a deeply swallowed hook. Any response from ASRD, had you chosen to write them, would not have arrived until Monday at the earliest.
You are continuing this discussion with out the benefit of a clue, mr. christie. Don't resort to insults and fabrication if you want to be in a debate with any substance. Giving the old 'heave ho' to the regulations because they don't suit you will only get you in deep with the courts, and like I said, I could not care less if you are fined and suspended. I do care that guys like you would lead other neophytes astray with your self-serving wisdom and knee-jerk reactionism.
Not to mention your Chat Room mentality. If you are going to participate in a Forum with (potentially) older and more experienced players, then you are going to have to admit at some point that you can learn only if you stop talking and listen from time to time.
I am going to guess here that "anal disrespect" is leaving little bits of paper on mine when I finish up?
debate? insults?, after you pretty much straight out called me a drunk driver? any proof? anyone from this forum see me get behind the wheel after drinking alchohol? Once, yes, one beer during a 12 hour fishing trip, yes, I was so wasted I could hardly walk!!! give me a break. and now you bring up releasing fish with a deeply swallowed hook, where did this pop up in the thread you so willingly trashed with your pompous postings?This thread was started by someone who had a great experience fishing and wanted to share it, the whole purpose of the forum.
Leading young people astray? seems you favour the word molesting in your posts, are you trying to say something there? As for older people, how old do you think I am? Experience, Ive probably got more fishing hours in that you would in 2 lifetimes, so take your attitude somewhere its appreciated, and if you must pass on your bathroom shortcomings please do so in the forums that appreciate it, Im sure they welcome your kind of comments.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 01-25-2010, 02:58 PM

Now this is getting fun! Usually, I am involved in protecting the posters from "so called" internet fishing police. Good job Wayne!
Old 01-25-2010, 03:02 PM

yah, well,. I think Im a bit out of line maybe with the last one, not a good day for me today, this guy just pushes my buttons . I should be better than that, Im leading all the impressionable young people astray. At least according to one opinionated perfect do-gooder anyways. Wish I had a halo of my own. not that Id know what to do with one might make a good frisbee I guess

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 01-25-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
In the last 2 weekends I have had 3 big trout break my line as they came out of the hole,all 3 times I reached in to scoop them out.Got one,missed two.
If that`s illegal well then Boo-Hoo.
Not too many "Saints" out there are going to watch a 3 pound Cuttie flip around at the top of the hole for half a minute and NOT scoop him out.
And for the ones that can restrain themselves..........How did your ethics taste that night for supper,My trout was Friggen excellent.
HAHAHAHAHA...LOL....awsome agree 100 Miliion PERCENT!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:20 AM

I did not read the regs, but............... If you catch a fish legally with line and lure I would say it's legal to retrieve by hand until it has escaped from the initial action of fishing by catch and release or by catch and slips off the hook at shore or hole before you can grab it again by hand. I do not believe this fish by coming back into the hole seconds later had ended the initial act of fishing. Obviously the fish was in shock and did not have the power to escape so who in there right mind ( fisherman, fishcop, judge, jury) would not say this fish is legally caught. This fisherman had every right to either land the fish or help it revive. Lots of times in open water I have had to recatch by hand at arms length a fish to help the fish revive or posess it. It would be the same as wanting to keep it and the fish slips out of my hands and I make a grab for it and recatch it and keep it. So many times on here the whole story is never absorbed and it then becomes a joke because the argument is only based on a portion of the thread not all of it, if you get my drift. With that said just because we might think it's ok to do something does not make it right/legal, ever.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
yah, well,. I think Im a bit out of line maybe with the last one, not a good day for me today, this guy just pushes my buttons . I should be better than that, Im leading all the impressionable young people astray. At least according to one opinionated perfect do-gooder anyways. Wish I had a halo of my own. not that Id know what to do with one might make a good frisbee I guess
All kidding aside, old man, have you looked up the regulations on the pages you asked this forum member to provide? Have you become enlightened?
I'm going to bet that some of the curious anglers that have read this drivel have consulted those resources and have become more educated in the process. Some of those 1200 will think of me as an opinionated so-and-so and some will think of you as a wee silly bugger. Maybe they're right.That's life.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:43 AM

Default Lets give it up already

Why is it that every time someone tells a story or posts pics of what happen on their fishing trip it always turns into a chitshow. So Dean landed a fish that decided to come back to his hole, it probably saw the light and thought that it was it's time to go to the afterlife and thought to it's self "well i guess i'm done on this earth, i think this guy is good enough to eat me. Good bye Friends." and came back up the hole. Dean thanks for the story as this hasn't happened to me yet but i will be grabbing a big fish if it snaps my line coming up the hole and i have a chance. Like any forum keep on topic of the thread if you want to start a thread on how "molesting" a fish is against the regs then start it and don't ruin this one on how a 10lb trout was caught. That story IMO was a good one to share with the rest of us. Good Story Dean.

Scrub

OUT
Old 01-27-2010, 07:53 AM

Holy eff What a *(&^( Show. Im pretty sure anything bobbing in your whole is concidered caught, aslong as you can get it out.
What if for instance. you get a monster Fat 25 Poud Pike Wedged In Your 8' Hole. and just as his head comes out he spits it out. or you line snapped.
Now What your saying is you cant help this guy out. He's Stuck there And Now Has to be Left To Die. because it is illegal to grab him out. and put his head in first, so he can push himself back down.
What a Joke.
If its in your hole.
Its Your Fish.
And with that being said. you gotta think for the fish sometimes too.
If you were that fish. Would You Rather The Angler Let you do your thing.
Or would you rather him grab you up. Pull the painfull peice of metal out of your mouth And put you back. Or would you rather him just say f it, and leave it in?
What might be Moral. might not always be the right thing to do.

Last edited by ice; 01-27-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:32 AM

Default mmmmhmm

is this guy for real or shall i say reel??? so if i am about to net a fish in open water that i am reeling in and the line snaps just before I get him, but i still manage to get him. i am not sport fishing.... wow brother, you need to watch the sunrise one morning or watch your kids play or simply find somethong positive to focus on. a guy grabbing a fish in his hole causes you to even think for a minute this should be or is illegal, hmmmm...i feel sorry for you.