Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-07-2011, 01:41 PM

Gonna buy a SKS on the 15th with a tapco stock an clip should be a good week off an I'll be able to try out my new 7mm Mag Howa with votrex viper hs 6-14x50 . Wear is a good place to get suplus ammo for the sks???
Old 03-18-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolkcraft View Post
They look like the AR-15. What I was wondering when I saw an AR-15 and held it, is how durable is this rifle? is it made to last? It felt very light weight. The SKS looks like a Turkish or Afghan gun, but the SRS looks more like the modern military rifle. Not sure if people can get an SRS?
SRS is a non restricted rifle
we can all own one
Old 03-18-2012, 06:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bow View Post
Gonna buy a SKS on the 15th with a tapco stock an clip should be a good week off an I'll be able to try out my new 7mm Mag Howa with votrex viper hs 6-14x50 . Wear is a good place to get suplus ammo for the sks???
I would not buy a magazine for it. It is far faster to reload using the stripper clips. So long as you mount a small scope on it, you will still be able to use stripper clips.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:57 PM

Default Thanks for the update Hal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Not trying to create a flame war here,,,,but,,, why???? what good is it???? this is an outdoorsmen forum where we hunt with our guns.....????...just wondering....
What kind of dumb comment is that? It's that kind of attitude that has led to the current gun control situation. You know what is one of the most popular hunting rifles south of the border???? The ar 15 and ar 10. They can be just as accurate as your average off the shelf bolt gun. Another consideration for your great wisdom is that most hunters enjoy target shooting as well, who would have ever imagined that? Not you apparently.
"I don't know about the "shooting Savages" part. I have one and I have had considerable difficulty doing well with it. Part of the reason for this is that I feel a need to put bag over my head to hide my identity when ever I am shooting it!"
Leeper
Old 03-18-2012, 08:37 PM

Hoping to see some gophers at the local gun range, got the new LMT upper here for the RRA.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by open sights View Post
does anyone know where i could get a rifle that looks and feels kind of like an assualt rifle but that is non restricted? or am i SOL?
Hey Sights,
Here is a shot from my "tactical" collection
1.Ruger 10/22 with a nordic stock (before SR22)
2.SKS with a Tapsco stock and other goodies
3.Mosberg Maverick 88

For the Anti Tactical people on here, please dont be so ignorant and . We need to stick together as gun owners FCS. Lets quit fighting each other on BS like this, a gun is a gun no matter if its black or wood. It's embarrassing to be an "Outdoorsman"" and a "Gun Owner" sometimes...
Old 03-18-2012, 09:27 PM

Don't forget the Robinson Arms XCR.

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 03-18-2012, 09:29 PM

Personally, I will never back down and cower forrm someone who starts putting down "sniper rifles", "tactical rifles" , "assault rifle" or any other type of fire arm, but I sure will tell them exactly what is what as far as ownership goes!
Just because someone owns a No.4T Enfield, an M82 Parker Hale, or a tricked out AR for that matter does not mean they are automatically going to go off the deep end and start shooting people with it!

I'm not own or shoot any of the modern style semi auto assault but will defend them to the bitter end as far as gun ownership goes, even though there may be some here who think otherwise.

I certainly won't quit calling them what they are however, military style assault and sniper rifles!
Cat
Old 03-18-2012, 09:36 PM

Quote:
I'm not own or shoot any of the modern style semi auto assault but will defend them to the bitter end as far as gun ownership goes, even though there may be some here who think otherwise.

I certainly won't quit calling them what they are however, military style assault and sniper rifles!
I will do the same, but I won't refer to semi auto rifles as assault rifles, because by definition, assault rifles have full auto or burst capability.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:38 PM

The thing I love about the AR is they are so easy to customize, a $100 tool kit and off you go, leggo for the gun enthusiast.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Personally, I will never back down and cower forrm someone who starts putting down "sniper rifles", "tactical rifles" , "assault rifle" or any other type of fire arm, but I sure will tell them exactly what is what as far as ownership goes!
Just because someone owns a No.4T Enfield, an M82 Parker Hale, or a tricked out AR for that matter does not mean they are automatically going to go off the deep end and start shooting people with it!

Cat
A big X 2 on everything but the 'assault rifle' designation. That's just another word used as a 'divide and conquer' tactic. The gun enthusiasts who are willing to throw their fellow gun enthusiasts to the wolves because they don't like their preference in firearms are the worst kind. These are the same ones who would happily sign us off as sacrificial lambs to appease the anti's, then come crying to us when the anti's legislate their preferred arms into the smelter. Just ask Austrailia. United we stand or divided we fall. It's like that old saying " I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it"

Edit: Also, just in case that wasn't a dig at you Cat. The terminology thing was stated, but the rest wasn't aimed at you.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:48 AM

The nthing is thsat people do use the term assault rifle, even the ERT and SWAT use the term, and do many military personal.
Same as the term "sniper" and "sniper rifle".
The trick is to get the public that is not familiar with fire arms to use the terms properly, not to try and make them think that the term does not exist.

Cat
Old 03-19-2012, 06:46 PM

An assault rifle has full auto capability and a large capacity mag. The civvy sporter versions we are allowed to own do not, ergo they are not assault rifles.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
No one NEEDS an assault rifle. And really, no one NEEDS a semi auto firearm or a pump shotgun.

And no one really NEEDS a handgun. And no one really NEEDS an air rifle much less an air pistol.

It is really nice when other people tell you what you need. They are called liberals, and what they want is your tax money to tell you what you NEED.

You see, if you own one of those black assault rifles, you are considered by some other gun owners to be of a lower class.

In fact a lot of people currently consider all gun owners to be of a lower class, yet some gun owners have yet to figure this gun banning trick out.
x2 for sheer genius.

I used to be a Liberal in my younger days, but somewhere along the line I grew up and moved to Alberta.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarliesDonkey View Post
x2 for sheer genius.

I used to be a Liberal in my younger days, but somewhere along the line I grew up and moved to Alberta.
Thats right, you are too stupid to think for yourself, we will do the thinking for you.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by st99 View Post
and for those against "assault like weapon", they should learn a bit more about history, cause every type of firearms started in the hands of the military
Yes...I have an assault type musket....