Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-31-2011, 09:43 AM

agree with nichead.
Shawns post are dramatic and uneccesary.
he is a lier he even admitted it on another post saying he was using a fly which he wasn't.. now some guy will probably waste his money on a bunch of leech patterns. to pull a 26" trout out of a place then say it straight up sucks a couple weeks later. pretty lame man. You should just do your thing and stop giving advice on here.
why are u deleting your account neway..too tarnished from all the bs im assuming
good luck
Old 08-31-2011, 12:17 PM

I always like to tell poachers keeping fish that they should just spend their gas and power bait money on fish from a grocery store or restaurant if they are just doing it for food. They'd save time and money.

Best Guide Shawn. You should spend your money and time on just playing a fishing game on the internet. Then at least you'll have people that care about your points and status.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:30 PM
Banned

Default access to hermitage

as far as access is concerned i have never fished a lake or dugout with better access. if you park near the dock area (south side) you could get to the dock or along the shore in a wheelchair.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:26 AM

Wow only Shawn could make 1 post and have it start a 2 page flaming. For the record, as Doc said earlier, Muir did have at least a partial winterkill this year. From the little dock they have there you could see at least 3 fish, 2 of which were well over 20 inches, dead this spring.

Second, depending on what reason people have for fishing and how hard they're willing to work to get to fish, Sauer and Chickakoo could be far better options than Muir. I know where Shawn's fishing at Muir. It takes a bit of bushwacking to get to and once you're there, you're standing in mud that probably is deeper than you are tall. If you take a step without paying attention to where you're putting your feet, you're in the lake. Alot of people aren't willing to put up with that to catch fish. Also, the catch limits make for alot bigger fish at Muir but they are also alot fewer in number than at either of the other two lakes.

I never understood why some fly fishermen turned into elitists. I couldn't figure out what attracted that sort of person to the sport. Now, after being labelled as a "fly fishing hipster" simply because I happen to fly fish at a certain lake, I'm starting to understand why. You check my trunk, I have 3 spinning rods and 2 fly rods. Guess the fact that I use a fly rod at Muir makes me an elitist, snooty, fly fishing hipster...
Old 09-01-2011, 07:10 PM

Can I still be an elitist if I use a fly rod but rarely catch anything?
Old 09-01-2011, 08:41 PM

sorry guys, can we stop this? after all red green says it best, were all in this together.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:07 AM

[QUOTE=lifesaflyin;1065753]sorry guys, can we stop this? after all red green says it best, were all in this together.

[/QUOTE

All this BS. from a couple of people that have less than 25 posts. They think they know it all now and can jump all over a person. Calm down and just answer the original question. Everyone has an opinion and let them say it. I have gotten a few good tips from shawn.
Hermitage is a good place to picnick but there are better places to have fun fishing. I'm not much of a trout fisher but I would spend a little driving time and go to Carson. Guarented to catch a few gooders.

Last edited by Kim473; 09-02-2011 at 06:13 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:32 AM

Unhappy back of the guy

[QUOTE=Kim473;1066070]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflyin View Post
sorry guys, can we stop this? after all red green says it best, were all in this together.

[/QUOTE

All this BS. from a couple of people that have less than 25 posts. They think they know it all now and can jump all over a person. Calm down and just answer the original question. Everyone has an opinion and let them say it. I have gotten a few good tips from shawn.
Hermitage is a good place to picnick but there are better places to have fun fishing. I'm not much of a trout fisher but I would spend a little driving time and go to Carson. Guarented to catch a few gooders.
i also have got some good advice from shawn and alot of other fisherman and fishing girls here on ao and i am getting tired of certain people ganging up on shawn... TREAT PEOPLE THE WAY YOU EXPECT TO BE TREATED . tease the guy.joke around. if certain people have a problem send it to his inbox pm him the rest off us dont need to hear it about him. would you like someone knocking you down.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:28 AM

To return to the topic of this thread, I fished at Hermitage three times in the last couple of weeks (morning and evening) and didn't have a bite. There were quite a few others fishing there and I didn't see anyone catch a fish while I was there. It doesn't seem to matter what bait or lure you use - it might just be fished out.