Default "Are you tired of feeling like you live near a gun range?"

Took this from CGN

Quote:
Here's what was posted:

"Are you tired of feeling like you live near a gun range?"
"Do you feel that your quality of life is being affected?"
"Are your family, pets, pro livestock being negatively affected?"

"Strathcona County has no restrictions on target shooting."

"Email me with your concerns. Please be as specific as possible with details such as dates, times,if and when you have contacted the RCMP. Tell me how this has negatively affected you and your family. Please include your name and approximate address (i.e. Subdivision if comfortable). I want to take this to our counsellor, and hopefully have some changes made. Stop.the.shooting.strathcona@gmail.com"

I have no idea who may have posted this around the community, doesn't really matter.
I'm surprised that someone thinks its a problem! I've only heard shooting around the area maybe once or twice a month (at most) and its only on weekends. And No, its not me shooting. (I wish I could on my property....neighbours are too close).

Should I send this guy an email explaining what my views are regarding this?
Tear the postings down?? (Probably not the best action?).

I don't want target shooting on private property to be banned in the area. (Even though I can't) I respect others right/privilege to do so on their own land or with permission of the owners.

Any input would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Doesn't surprise me that this is coming from Strathcona County. Lived there for 18 years and will never move back. Email the guy and educate him on target shooting and that he shouldn't be trying to erode other people's freedoms and rights.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:26 PM
Banned

i talked to a gentleman from the cfo's office who lives in strathcona county and shoots on his property.

so i find this interesting
Old 11-08-2016, 04:32 PM

On CFCW today ...story about issues being raised in Wetaskiwin. Sounds like it could have been an approved Range?
Old 11-08-2016, 04:37 PM
Banned

Seems like the guy is mad about it being on private land not a range. Better email him to find out educate the guy while you're at it.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:49 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

They need a range...maybe he will promote this project...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 11-08-2016, 05:12 PM
Banned

Response, typical of your soccer mom....

"Thank you so much for your feedback.
While I am not against target shooting on private land within reason, myself, my family and my neighbors have been very distressed by the excessive shooting that has gone on for approximately a year near us. My children (10 and 12 at the time) have been so frightened (when it occurred when they were home alone) that they barricaded themselves in a bedroom. My dogs hide under beds. We are afraid to ride our horses. The shooting literally goes on for hours, all day. Who needs to shoot targets for 12 hours? Why does it continue after dark? Myself and my neighbors cannot carry on a conversation or have a meal outside on our decks. One of my neighbors has to medicate her dog when the shooting starts, and her grandchildren now refuse to come to her house. Another neighbor is considering selling. This has negatively affected our quality of life! One police officer alone has made 12 visits to said property, and the excessive shooting continues. We as a neighborhood feel helpless, and are looking for change.

Bea"

Sounds like they need to sell.... I seriously doubt it is as bad as she makes it out to be. Stop trying to stop others from enjoying their privately owned, expensive property.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:12 PM

It's high time to legalize suppressors for rifles, deserve peace and quiet and our ears would thank us for using them too.

Last edited by catnthehat; 11-08-2016 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
It's high time to legalize suppressors for rifles, deserve peace and quiet and our ears would thank us for using them too.
Big X 2.....

Last edited by catnthehat; 11-08-2016 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
Response, typical of your soccer mom....

"Thank you so much for your feedback.
While I am not against target shooting on private land within reason, myself, my family and my neighbors have been very distressed by the excessive shooting that has gone on for approximately a year near us. My children (10 and 12 at the time) have been so frightened (when it occurred when they were home alone) that they barricaded themselves in a bedroom. My dogs hide under beds. We are afraid to ride our horses. The shooting literally goes on for hours, all day. Who needs to shoot targets for 12 hours? Why does it continue after dark? Myself and my neighbors cannot carry on a conversation or have a meal outside on our decks. One of my neighbors has to medicate her dog when the shooting starts, and her grandchildren now refuse to come to her house. Another neighbor is considering selling. This has negatively affected our quality of life! One police officer alone has made 12 visits to said property, and the excessive shooting continues. We as a neighborhood feel helpless, and are looking for change.

Bea"

Sounds like they need to sell.... I seriously doubt it is as bad as she makes it out to be. Stop trying to stop others from enjoying their privately owned, expensive property.
Man i wish i could afford to shoot, 12 hours a day everyday.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:46 PM

Smells like another advance of the gun banners. Get municipalities to ban shooting, then build the hysteria about big box stores selling "dangerous murder weapons" near schools"!!!
Old 11-08-2016, 07:09 PM

Strathcona allows target shooting? when I called the county office about that in summer, I got no target shooting anywhere in the county for an answer.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:12 PM

Strathcona County has a Firearms bylaw.

Shooting is banned in certain areas it appears but not the entire county.

However, if someones kids and grandkids are hiding under the bed and such when they hear the report of firearms, their parents need to do some serious educating and perhaps require some education themselves.

Last edited by Buckhead; 11-08-2016 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead View Post
However, if someones kids and grandkids are hiding under the bed and such when they here the report of firearms, their parents need to do some serious educating and perhaps require some education themselves.
I thought the same thing. Either this lady is BS ing big time to try and promote her agenda or she and her kids are out to lunch. She makes it sound like they live in a war zone. lol
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 11-09-2016, 02:23 PM

Default Imagine

How they feel in Syria.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead View Post
However, if someones kids and grandkids are hiding under the bed and such when they hear the report of firearms, their parents need to do some serious educating and perhaps require some education themselves.
absolutely!

there isn't a matress in this world that will stop a bullet. silly children.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:56 PM

Default This sounds like a job for the Social Justice Warrior

This sounds like a job for the Social Justice Warrior, somebody call the NDP hotline!
Old 11-09-2016, 03:07 PM

I cant believe she had to resort to euthanize her children and medicate her pets. Seems a little far fetched to me. You would think if the shots were that close to bother them they could pinpoint down the location.

Me thinks this is the work of a troll.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:37 PM

Everyone on this sight should email that address and let them know that there is much more of us supporting our legal rights to use our lands as we see fit within the law, than there is fascists trying to remove our rights.
Old 11-10-2016, 11:17 AM

Default Rural shooting rights

That person knows they moved to the country right?
How long have they lived there?
Did they know there were niebors close by that were into shooting?
Have they talked to the niebors?
It's a fact of life in rural area. Just like the herding of cattle to move them to a different pasture. Moving farm equipment. Dust and noise from the working equipment. Smells from the animal manure spreading. The list goes on and on.
Quiet country living means buying a large enough property to build in the middle of it and not being able to see or here another person. Yes it's expensive. Or move back to the city. Your choice
Old 11-10-2016, 12:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
Everyone on this sight should email that address and let them know that there is much more of us supporting our legal rights to use our lands as we see fit within the law, than there is fascists trying to remove our rights.
Absolutely that is what we should do.

Email sent.
Old 11-11-2016, 02:35 PM

Can she provide the neighbors contact info so we can check if they want want friendly, responsible firearms enthusiasts to join them in their hobby?
Old 11-12-2016, 06:33 AM

i might know the guy doing the shooting and he bought the 80 very treed acres for that reason, as fast as he can reload he shoots.
has made himself a very nice range out in the back 40.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:54 AM

Thought about this thread yesterday afternoon. Trying to do my job,when the neighbor, couple of hundred meters down the road decides to unleash an hour long barrage. Duck and Cover, isn't that what they say. Poor old Danny, stuck in the mud of field most of that time, was probably having some very evil thoughts.

Grizz
Old 11-12-2016, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Duck and Cover, isn't that what they say.
Why?
Old 11-12-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCLightning View Post
Why?
Cause you have no idea which way they're shooting.

Grizz