Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-23-2019, 11:30 PM

Damn, I was pulling for Vegas, Man what a spot, I don't care for the Sharks and I want the Avs to blow it. HHmm

So my question is, review of major penalties?? Not the 2 min ones. but a 5 major and a game, should they be review-able?? Essentially cost Vegas the playoffs. Was a hoot for us fans but that wasn't a 5 minute call.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boah View Post
The Bruins are ahead of the Caps.
I thought since the Capitals won their division, they'd get home ice advantage, but I see that isn't the case.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:35 PM
Banned

I was pulling for Vegas but.....That was a hoot to watch!
Old 04-23-2019, 11:41 PM
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
Damn, I was pulling for Vegas, Man what a spot, I don't care for the Sharks and I want the Avs to blow it. HHmm

So my question is, review of major penalties?? Not the 2 min ones. but a 5 major and a game, should they be review-able?? Essentially cost Vegas the playoffs. Was a hoot for us fans but that wasn't a 5 minute call.
No, there are too many reviews already.
It was the VGK’s inability to kill a penalty that cost them.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddin View Post
No, were they blaming commentators for the loss?
Why? Who blamed a commentator? Sorry, I don't understand what your trying to say? Not sure if your trying to be funny or need some crayons to explain yourself.. I suspect it's crayons your in need of. Unless of course you have some sort of crush on Cassie? Is that it? Does she haunt your dreams? Wake up shaking and dreaming of a Midget hockey player announcing games when they should still be a intern and running coffee?
Hey man.. different strokes for different folks. Help yourself. No judgment here.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Why? Who blamed a commentator? Sorry, I don't understand what your trying to say? Not sure if your trying to be funny or need some crayons to explain yourself.. I suspect it's crayons your in need of. Unless of course you have some sort of crush on Cassie? Is that it? Does she haunt your dreams? Wake up shaking and dreaming of a Midget hockey player announcing games when they should still be a intern and running coffee?
Hey man.. different strokes for different folks. Help yourself. No judgment here.
Bwahahaha Beauty..
Old 04-24-2019, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Why? Who blamed a commentator? Sorry, I don't understand what your trying to say?
Quote:
Sign away, it might help. I blame her for our early Tee times.
I'd use crayons to draw you a simplified picture, but suspect that you would just want to chew them.

"Toe da so" - Ricky, Trailer Park Boys
Old 04-24-2019, 12:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddin View Post
I'd use crayons to draw you a simplified picture, but suspect that you would just want to chew them.
Weak..................

Go to bed, I will give you another shot in the Am....
Old 04-24-2019, 12:18 AM
Banned

The question that I have now is will the underdog teams that won in the first round continue to impress or was the first round win just a fluke and they’ll **** the bed in the second round? It seems to be the year of the underdog.....in the first round anyway.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
I was pulling for Vegas but.....That was a hoot to watch!
I was hoping for Vegas also,but what an ending for that final.It was a blast to watch.I went to my room for ten minutes and it was 3 nothing and I came back out and 4 to 3 ,I thought there was a mistake on the TV.Then I seen what happen.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:21 AM

Quote:
The question that I have now is will the underdog teams that won in the first round continue to impress or was the first round win just a fluke and they’ll **** the bed in the second round? It seems to be the year of the underdog.....in the first round anyway.
Seems that way for now,will see what's up in the next round.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
Seems that way for now,will see what's up in the next round.
I’m going to pick the team that I think will win the series and bet on the other.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:54 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
I’m going to pick the team that I think will win the series and bet on the other.
I think your on the right track on that one,i was thinking on doing the same.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:41 AM

Vegas lost because they blew a 3-1 series lead, not because of one questionable penalty.

Good riddance to Bettmans baby's
Old 04-24-2019, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
Vegas lost because they blew a 3-1 series lead, not because of one questionable penalty.

X2
Old 04-24-2019, 06:02 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post

A long battle for sure.....reminds me of my Canucks not to long ago

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-24-2019, 08:05 AM
Banned

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yG0XEKcYWrg

I'm still bitter this morning about that call.
Old 04-24-2019, 08:50 AM

I find this amusing. A team is up 3-1 in the series, winning 3-0 in game 7, and the reason they lost it all is because of a "bad call". Maybe they should look in the mirror and won game 5, maybe they should look in the mirror and won game 6, maybe they should be looking at Eakin asking why he felt the need to crosscheck Joe when the puck was 40' away in game 7 with 10 minutes left, maybe they should look in the mirror and not allow a PP goal every 75 seconds. I get it's easier to blame others when you're frustrated, but San Jose didn't come back, win three straight, because of one "bad call". And, lets say I'm wrong, if the reason for losing three straight is because of one bad call, I don't think they deserve to advance anyway. Saw plenty of calls go Vegas' way in the regular season that they weren't complaining those ones.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:54 AM
Banned

Maybe look at it the other way. If the sharks deserved it they wouldn’t have been down 3-0, playing poorly at home in the third period until the refs intervened.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:57 AM

About time something went right for the sharks. Worst luck in playoffs history. Worse than Calgary even. Sharks are almost always a top 5 team since it’s inception. Yet fail miserably come playoffs. If ever there was a deserving team, it’s them.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
Maybe look at it the other way. If the sharks deserved it they wouldn’t have been down 3-0, playing poorly at home in the third period until the refs intervened.
Maybe, if they are playing so poorly though, just kill it off. Scoring 4 on the PP hasn't happened in over 20 years.

Was it such a bad call though? You literally have a guy using the force of his entire body, this wasn't just a little forearm push, to crosscheck a player when the puck is 40' away. Then, when he is off balance and in a vulnerable position, another Vegas player body slams (wasn't a WWE body slam, but body slam none the less) him, knocking him unconscious, leaving a pool of blood on the ice. A 2 minute minor sounds fair for that? How about cross checking, interference, late hit, body slam (has the NHL made that a penalty yet, I know they've suspended guys because of it)....Would you have preferred four 2 minute minors? Eakins and Stastney put the ref in a position they never should have put him in, it was a really dumb play on the players part.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Maybe, if they are playing so poorly though, just kill it off. Scoring 4 on the PP hasn't happened in over 20 years.

Was it such a bad call though? You literally have a guy using the force of his entire body, this wasn't just a little forearm push, to crosscheck a player when the puck is 40' away. Then, when he is off balance and in a vulnerable position, another Vegas player body slams (wasn't a WWE body slam, but body slam none the less) him, knocking him unconscious, leaving a pool of blood on the ice. A 2 minute minor sounds fair for that? How about cross checking, interference, late hit, body slam (has the NHL made that a penalty yet, I know they've suspended guys because of it)....Would you have preferred four 2 minute minors? Eakins and Stastney put the ref in a position they never should have put him in, it was a really dumb play on the players part.
That was an accident. Not a penalty.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:54 AM
Banned

In no way do I "Blame" the refs for the Knights losing that series.
However, they should never be noticed and they blew that call, they opened the door to a massive failure on a call that shouldn't have happened. LV coach says they thought he crossed checked him in the face.
They influenced a game in a negative fashion. They screwed up and they know it.

HOWEVER... I like screw ups. Crap happens. Humans make mistakes. Funny, 50% of the time theses mistakes help you and 50% of the time they hurt you. It makes sports amazing to watch. As far as I am concerned, all replay should be tossed out. Trust the guys on the ice or the field or the diamond.

And I know that 50% of the time I feel robbed and 50% of the time I will feel that I got away with something. I don't care, let the guys play and see where the chips fall.

That screw up last night by the refs allowed us to watch some of the most exciting hockey in history. And all because they were human.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
That was an accident. Not a penalty.
I accidentally crossed checked a co-worked in the hallway this morning, saw him there, brought my hands up, braced my feet, and drove into him. He understands I didn't do it on purpose though.... It definitely wasn't an accident. Did they intend to leave Joe in a crumpled heap on the ice, probably not, but their actions weren't accidental.

I hope you're not under the impression that since it was an "accident", it shouldn't be a penalty. Accidental plays are called all the time.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
In no way do I "Blame" the refs for the Knights losing that series.
However, they should never be noticed and they blew that call, they opened the door to a massive failure on a call that shouldn't have happened. LV coach says they thought he crossed checked him in the face.
They influenced a game in a negative fashion. They screwed up and they know it.

HOWEVER... I like screw ups. Crap happens. Humans make mistakes. Funny, 50% of the time theses mistakes help you and 50% of the time they hurt you. It makes sports amazing to watch. As far as I am concerned, all replay should be tossed out. Trust the guys on the ice or the field or the diamond.

And I know that 50% of the time I feel robbed and 50% of the time I will feel that I got away with something. I don't care, let the guys play and see where the chips fall.

That screw up last night by the refs allowed us to watch some of the most exciting hockey in history. And all because they were human.

What a load. Get it right, or the rules become irrelevant.

Quote:
I accidentally crossed checked a co-worked in the hallway this morning, saw him there, brought my hands up, braced my feet, and drove into him. He understands I didn't do it on purpose though.... It definitely wasn't an accident. Did they intend to leave Joe in a crumpled heap on the ice, probably not, but their actions weren't accidental.

I hope you're not under the impression that since it was an "accident", it shouldn't be a penalty. Accidental plays are called all the time.
That was hardly a cross check in the history of memorable cross checks. It was really nothing until Pavelski lost his balance and ended up on his head.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
.....they blew that call.....
What's a fair call for crosschecking a guy then body slamming him leaving him unconscious with a pool of blood on the ice when the puck is 40' away then?
Old 04-24-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
That was hardly a cross check in the history of memorable cross checks. It was really nothing until Pavelski lost his balance and ended up on his head.
Maybe, but why did he lose his balance and end up on his head in the first place? He wasn't just skating to the bench and caught an edge.

I suspect you'd feel a bit differently if it was Stone lying there, likely out for the season, and no penalty awarded because the ref deemed it an accident.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
What's a fair call for crosschecking a guy then body slamming him leaving him unconscious with a pool of blood on the ice when the puck is 40' away then?
Body slamming? Please.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:17 AM

What a terrible call, even a 2 minute crosscheck or rough would be questionable. That reffing crew should not get another game these playoffs.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
I actually thought you were joking at first, but you’re actually serious. lol. .