Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-15-2019, 10:15 PM

Default AND it begins.

https://pm.gc.ca/eng/news/releases

Canada joins Christchurch Call to Action to eliminate terrorist and violent extremist content online
Paris, France - May 15, 2019

The internet bridges divides and helps us build a more open, inclusive world. But it has also increasingly become a tool for terrorism and violent extremism. The March 2019 terror attack in Christchurch was a harrowing reminder that we need to take coordinated action to prevent social media and other online platforms from being used as a tool to incite, publish and promote terrorism, violence, and hatred.

Today, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau joined Prime Minister of New Zealand Jacinda Ardern, President of France Emmanuel Macron, other government leaders, and industry leaders to adopt the Christchurch Call to Action – a global pledge to eliminate terrorist and violent extremist content online.

Through the Christchurch Call, governments and online services providers are making voluntary, collective commitments to prevent people from abusing the internet to promote and sensationalize acts of terrorism. These commitments include:

Building more inclusive, resilient communities to counter violent radicalization
Enforcing laws that stop the production and dissemination of terrorist and extremist content online
Encouraging media to apply ethical rules when reporting on terrorist events to avoid amplifying terrorist and violent extremist content
Many of the Christchurch commitments match the priorities of the National Strategy on Countering Radicalization to Violence, which the Government of Canada launched in December 2018. Through the National Strategy and the Christchurch Call, the Government of Canada will continue to provide international leadership on countering radicalization to violence and eliminating terrorist and violent extremist content online.

“Terrorist and extremist content online continues to spill out into the real world with deadly consequences. Today, we are stepping up to eliminate terrorist and violent extremist content online. Together, we can create a world where all people – no matter their faith, where they live, or where they are from – are safe and secure both on and offline.”
—The Rt. Hon. Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada

Quick Facts

In December 2018, the Government of Canada launched the National Strategy on Countering Radicalization to Violence, which outlines Canada’s approach and priorities to prevent the kind of radicalization that leads to violence.
The Canada Centre for Community Engagement and Prevention of Violence leads the Government of Canada’s efforts to counter radicalization to violence, and works with all levels of government, not-for-profit organizations, communities, youth, frontline practitioners, academia, law enforcement, and international organizations.
Radicalization to violence happens when a person or group takes on extremist beliefs that lead them to promote violence and, possibly, taking part in terrorist activity.
Associated Links

Christchurch Call to Action
Statement by the Prime Minister on terrorist attack on two mosques in New Zealand
Prime Minister Trudeau delivers remarks on the terrorist attack in Christchurch, New Zealand (video)
National Strategy on Countering Radicalization to Violence
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:19 PM

Default Mean while in the USA a totally different attitude.

Mean while in the USA a totally different attitude.

On Wednesday, the White House launched a new tool for people to use if they feel they’ve been wrongly censored, banned, or suspended on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.

“Too many Americans have seen their accounts suspended, banned, or fraudulently reported for unclear ‘violations’ of user policies,” the site reads. “No matter your views, if you suspect political bias caused such an action to be taken against you, share your story with President Trump.”
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:28 PM

Yup, got to censor and control things globally. Part of The Plan.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-15-2019, 10:55 PM
Banned

How do you explain what goes on here?
Old 05-15-2019, 10:57 PM
Banned

It began the very moment i finally caved in and explored the "online world"...

I experienced all of the red flags of censorship of the online social engineering world that led to this ponit, i used to let it bother me getting banned from ALL of my favorite sites hahaha like i know how to get banned trust me!! Hahaha... and then i began wearing my bannings like merrit badges of honor with pride! who wants to hang out with a bunch of random MARXISTS you have never even met before?, that's when i fell in love with trolling and then i liked SKYNET again for awhile until that lost it's luster...

This is the only place i have left that i interact with, i like it that way.

SKYNET can **** off and die for all i care.

Been there seen that, there's gotta be a better way...

Censoring SKYNET is wrong, let's send it to hell.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:12 AM

“Quote

“Terrorist and extremist content online continues to spill out into the real world with deadly consequences. Today, we are stepping up to eliminate terrorist and violent extremist content online. Together, we can create a world where all people – no matter their faith, where they live, or where they are from – are safe and secure both on and offline.”
—The Rt. Hon. Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada”
He will then have to start with his best friends first! Go after Islamic clerics who preach jihad and anti-semitism. Put mosques under the surveillance and monitor what’s said there during the sermons.
I wanna see how that gonna fly!
Old 05-16-2019, 11:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
“Quote

—The Rt. Hon. Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada”
He will then have to start with his best friends first! Go after Islamic clerics who preach jihad and anti-semitism. Put mosques under the surveillance and monitor what’s said there during the sermons.
I wanna see how that gonna fly!

They have been actively wiping damning image's of Trublow for a while now, i can't find half of the incriminating photo's of him that were easily found a few years ago, my old phone still has them saved but when i search for the same image's from my new phone it's as if they never even existed, it's much easier to scrub SKYNET than it is to burn books.

A lot of youtube video's of Trublow also no longer come up in search's as they used to.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:54 AM

The government knows best for us and now they can make sure that we all think the right way and don't have any wrong opinions that go against what they tell us. YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc. should ban anyone who sounds like one of those alt right Conservatives; like anyone who thinks that Amy Schumer is a bad comedian or anyone who says anything bad about liberal politicians. >Sarcasm.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:04 PM

A public call for censorship right while they're rumored to be announcing a huge firearms ban, this after they paid $595 million to news organizations of their choice when taxpayers already own the very Liberal-friendly CBC. What could possibly go wrong?
Old 05-16-2019, 12:07 PM
Banned

Do a worldwide ban on religion and this kind of stuff won't happen.
Religion is man made and responsible for more deaths than any man made weapon.
It was invented to keep the masses controlled and to live in a certain amount of fear, through fairy tales and ghost stories.
Now it is used as an excuse for un-justifiable actions, and has been and will continue until man kind is free.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
It was invented to keep the masses controlled and to live in a certain amount of fear, through fairy tales and ghost stories.
Now it is used as an excuse for un-justifiable actions, and has been and will continue until man kind is free.
IIRC, Hitler, Stalin and Communist China ( just to name a few ) tried outlaw/ forbid/ quench religion ,,

And that was improvement over religion ? hmmm
Old 05-16-2019, 12:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMhunt View Post
IIRC, Hitler, Stalin and Communist China ( just to name a few ) tried outlaw/ forbid/ quench religion ,,

And that was improvement over religion ? hmmm
You mean that was a new thing in the last century or so.

Gee I wonder what caused the holy wars?

How did the pyramids get built, if the slaves didn’t think they were doing it for “God’s”?

If ‘god ‘ is so good , then why has pretty much every war been fought over ‘ in his name ‘

This guy believes his god is better than your god and will kill you to prove it.

But there is nothing wrong with religion.

And no one person or nation can just go after religion.
That’s asinine.

That is a fault, within the human race that unfortunately cannot actually be gotten rid of.
Man kind is destined to destroy its self and will use manmade means to do so.

And religion, invented by man, will be the reason that destroys us.

Guaranteed the last thing anyone is going to say before they push the button.

“ In the name of...

Last edited by ETOWNCANUCK; 05-16-2019 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
I've noticed that while many people shun traditional organized religions they are still drawn into some type of belief system, for instance the leftist social justice warrior and the army of the politically correct. I think people have some need to be 'joiners' or part of a group and they will fall into all manner of weird little corners if they don't find some sensible options to occupy their minds with. There are cults, anti-vaxxers, that Smallville actress recently convicted of some of her actions from being in a weird sex cult. There is Scientology, literally a made-up religion (they're all made up when you get down to it, its just that many have much older textbooks); there are Freemen of The Land; people into voodoo or witchcraft; the crowd that will now tell you that there are more genders than colors in the rainbow and have a scrambled alphabet of terms for themselves. When looking at it this way, one can see why some religions are better options than dyeing your hair with Kool-Aid and proclaiming that you have 11 genders while intentionally being utterly repellent to both of the real genders.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
You mean that was a new thing in the last century or so.

Gee I wonder what caused the holy wars?

How did the pyramids get built, if the slaves didn’t think they were doing it for “God’s”?

If ‘god ‘ is so good , then why has pretty much every war been fought over it.

This guy believes his god is better than your god and will kill you to prove it.

But there is nothing wrong with religion.

The only more dangerous man with fanatic beliefs,,

Is man with no beliefs at all,,,
Old 05-16-2019, 12:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
The only more dangerous man with fanatic beliefs,,

Is man with no beliefs at all,,,
I won’t get drawn into a debate about this because there cannot be any clear winner.

Those who believe and don’t believe, will always be around and all fights will be fought over same.

More conflicts occur for this reason.

And shouldn’t that be the sad part?

It’s my ‘ god ‘ versus...

It’s not your ‘ god ‘ it’s mine versus

There is no god.

No one wins.

The greatest trick you play is believing in something.

I believe this, and therefore it is true.

And I have beliefs, not based in religion but I do have them.

And I should be allowed to not have them as much as a person who does.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
I won’t get drawn into a debate about this because there cannot be any clear winner.

Those who believe and don’t believe, will always be around and all fights will be fought over same.

More conflicts occur for this reason.

And shouldn’t that be the sad part?

It’s my ‘ god ‘ versus...

It’s not your ‘ god ‘ it’s mine versus

There is no god.

No one wins.

The greatest trick you play is believing in something.

I believe this, and therefore it is true.

And I have beliefs, not based in religion but I do have them.

And I should be allowed to not have them as much as a person who does.
Thank you for sharing your wisdom,
Old 05-16-2019, 12:53 PM

Angry on the topic of online censorship

It has already started, around January this year that I noticed information (websites, stories, news reports, etc.) was disappearing from Google search results over the span of a few days. As in, it was there, then a day or two later it was gone, wiped from the search results. It has gotten to the point that I have started using alternate search engines to find information that used to be available through Google.
If your Google fu has gotten weak, it may be time to start buying aluminum foil in industrial size rolls.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 05-16-2019, 12:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thank you for sharing your wisdom,
Oh no I’m not a god.

At least I don’t think
I’ve never had any one, follow me around and write down anything I say, nor do I know anyone with such great recall of a memory, that they could write about me in great detail after I am dead, Nor do I have enough friends ( social media numbers not included) that could or would get together to tell my story, let alone join me for dinner of body and wine.

You don’t have to believe what I say.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
A public call for censorship right while they're rumored to be announcing a huge firearms ban, this after they paid $595 million to news organizations of their choice when taxpayers already own the very Liberal-friendly CBC. What could possibly go wrong?
The part that I always enjoy is the sanctimonious tone, and the absolute self assurance that We Know What is Right And Best for You.....'for the good and safety and freedom of everyone, everywhere......we are going to start censoring content from the 'bad people'.....'

It takes a really smug and arrogant person to put freedom through censorship into play and not see the complete irony involved.

That is not to say there isn't huge amounts of hateful garbage spewed out all over the internet every day, because there is. I just don't think that it is what is inciting some holocaust of violence. There are for more legitimate reasons for discontent than what is posted on facebook/twitter/instagram/al jazzera et al.

Having the self satisfied arrogance to think that the way you personally think and believe is the only Truly Enlightened Way is a recipe for another Great Leap Forward.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 05-16-2019 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-16-2019, 01:16 PM

Default paradigm

You're breaking the combat paradigm!

I grew my braid in '06.

A decade from that beginning.

Ten years from when I told an elder "Give me ten years".

My hair made me more a target than a rally point.

My braid is my warrior point of mind. It was only present when I was a close combat instructor. It was not present in 'most' of my life as a paratrooper.

I'm now a simple member of society.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Yup, got to censor and control things globally. Part of The Plan.
The UN plan !!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2019, 06:58 PM

A non binding agreement. Virtue signalling at it's finest.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:00 PM
Banned

This is the same guy that gave a terrorist 10 million dollars.

Canada is truly the epicenter of Clown World *honk* *honk*
Old 05-16-2019, 08:17 PM

Now he (Or whatever he self-identifies as) has joined the book-burners club. Past members include stalin, mao, hitler, pol pot etc.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:35 PM
Banned

Anyone who says this is absolutely delusional. I can’t beleive anyone can fall for such drivel!

“Together, we can create a world where all people – no matter their faith, where they live, or where they are from – are safe and secure both on and offline.”

Yup, who da thunk world peace was so simple??? What a perfect solution...

If only they had that figured out when the Roman Empire was taking over the world.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Anyone who says this is absolutely delusional. I can’t beleive anyone can fall for such drivel!

“Together, we can create a world where all people – no matter their faith, where they live, or where they are from – are safe and secure both on and offline.”

Yup, who da thunk world peace was so simple??? What a perfect solution...

If only they had that figured out when the Roman Empire was taking over the world.
Hey, if the budget can balance itself while we grow the economy from the heart out, I don't see why world peace can't be achieved by censoring online content......

Old 05-16-2019, 11:55 PM

Will see how this rumored gun ban goes but until then keep your your powder dry and the barrel clean...Things may get a little frothy.
Desperate people do desperate things...

History shows us what happens to a unarmed society...
Old 05-17-2019, 07:33 AM

A current and we'll written editorial that has much to do with this topic of censorship....

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/bru...right-thoughts

Old 05-17-2019, 12:24 PM

https://summit.news/2019/05/13/new-z...litical-police

There are a few clips in the article for anyone that wants to watch them.

Quote:
New Zealanders are receiving home visits from police to check on their political views, with one individual claiming that authorities asked him if he supported Donald Trump.

The visits are taking place as a response to March’s Christchurch mosque massacre.

In one clip, armed police arrive at a man’s home on Sunday morning to question him in relation to his political beliefs.

“The reason we’re here, basically it’s down to the recent events in Christchurch, with the shooting there, a number of people have been identified who we’ve been asked to go and speak to, so you’re one of those people,” says the officer.

The man is happy to talk to the cops, but they refuse to do so on camera and eventually leave.
Quote:
In a separate clip, another man relates the story of how he was visited by armed police (again on a Sunday morning) because he makes YouTube videos criticizing mass migration.

The man’s wife and daughter, who were both upset by the experience, were also interviewed by police.

“I was asked if I was a Trump supporter, I was asked if I was a racist and have I got any ethnic minority friends,” said the man, who runs a YouTuber channel called Cross the Rubicon, adding that police also quizzed him on whether he owned guns.

Within a week, police returned to the house – 15 of them this time – closing off the entire street – to again interrogate him on his political views.

“They’re trying to force me to shut my mouth and to keep it shut,” the man said.

He also warns that governments are exploiting the mosque shooting to deplatform conservatives.

One wonders whether random Muslims receive home visits from police after Islamic terror attacks. Unlikely.
Old 05-17-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Hunter Okotoks View Post
The government knows best for us and now they can make sure that we all think the right way and don't have any wrong opinions that go against what they tell us.
YUP!

Quote:
If ‘god ‘ is so good , then why has pretty much every war been fought over ‘ in his name ‘
Because my god can beat up your god.........