Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 04-05-2018, 05:24 AM

Default Kids Wading boots

Gents wondering if anyone has some ladies size 5 or 6 wading boots that their kids/wife has outgrown. I am looking for some boots for my nine year old son who got his first pair of waders last week. Let me know he and I would appreciate it. Thanks
Old 04-05-2018, 09:10 AM

My girlfriend bought used hiking boots that were a bit larger than she would have normally, as we couldnt find any near her size in time for a trip. They have worked well for multiple trips since. Just a possibility if you cant find any!
Old 04-05-2018, 10:14 AM

Do you put studs in those? Hiking soles just aren’t soft enough. I’d be super concerned with her safety if not using studs! Just an FYI.

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouthype View Post
My girlfriend bought used hiking boots that were a bit larger than she would have normally, as we couldnt find any near her size in time for a trip. They have worked well for multiple trips since. Just a possibility if you cant find any!

-Confucius
Old 04-05-2018, 11:42 AM

Havent had any issues so far. I have some family/friends that do the same and also havent had any issues. That being said, they arent going out 30+ times per year or to extreme locations/wading in scary water, its pretty casual.

You are definitely right about wading boots being preferred. Hikers will get someone on the river with a degree of comfort, but there are definitely better/safer options out there! Wouldn't say that hiking boots are death traps though. Better than other options short of dedicated wading boots (sneakers, rubber boots, etc.).
Old 04-06-2018, 02:51 PM

I have some that my son has grown out of. I'll check what size when I get home. IRRC they are a women's size 5 wading boot. We purchased them at Bass Pro.
Old 04-07-2018, 01:58 PM

Hirsche23 pm me a price see if we can work a deal for them and he can try them on. Are they felt soled?
Old 04-18-2018, 09:09 AM

rycoma i sent you a pm
Old 04-26-2018, 12:08 AM

Default wading boots

i have a pair of size 7 simms freestone felt boots. my daughter out grew them after using them a handful of times. they are like new and i would need 80$ for them.give me a call 403 277 2919