Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-23-2018, 10:48 AM

Default Who should I try...

I have always been happy with the info I get whenever I need a hand on making a decision here...so here we go again.

My truck is in need of some body shop work...taking care of a rust problem...plus I want to get that black stuff sprayed on the bottom truck line. I am looking for suggestions on a good body man who can fix the rust and repaint as necessary...
I am hooping to find someone close to Pigeon Lake or Leduc or Wetaskawin...anybody know a decent person who does this as a side job..weekends type thing, I'm just trying to get a decent deal as some shops are asking way too much for what I need...Thanks for any good tips..
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 04-23-2018, 10:56 AM

How bad is the rust and on what vehicle?

I had my Sierra fixed last year because of the notorious wheel well rust and it was $1500 to cut the rust out, patch in new stuff and put flares on. I had them colour match the flares, bed rails and lower tailgate as well with Raptor Liner.

Good body work, especially rust, isn’t cheap
Old 04-23-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteout View Post
How bad is the rust and on what vehicle?

I had my Sierra fixed last year because of the notorious wheel well rust and it was $1500 to cut the rust out, patch in new stuff and put flares on. I had them colour match the flares, bed rails and lower tailgate as well with Raptor Liner.

Good body work, especially rust, isn’t cheap
My rocker panels are rusted out..so need some work there, also I need a new induction hood, then painted, it's all on my 96 chev 1/2 ton...done a lot of work on it over the years..this just happens to be next...Thanks!
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 04-23-2018, 04:14 PM

Might be a little further than Wetaskiwin or Pigeon lake, but if you are willing to travel to Bashaw, then Sandin's Paint and Body would be well worth the trip. He's done two vehicles for me and one was a pretty rusted out GMC Jimmy that he made new again. Jim does awesome work and is very down to earth and all around good guy. His overhead is low - his shop is on his acreage west of town, and I've found his prices to be more than fair. He's also a bow hunter!

Also, then you'd be close to Bashaw and can go buy a gun at Bashaw Sports Center!

https://www.facebook.com/SandinsPaintBodyLtd/

Last edited by Spidey; 04-23-2018 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
Might be a little further than Wetaskiwin or Pigeon lake, but if you are willing to travel to Bashaw, then Sandin's Paint and Body would be well worth the trip. He's done two vehicles for me and one was a pretty rusted out GMC Jimmy that he made new again. Jim does awesome work and is very down to earth and all around good guy. His overhead is low - his shop is on his acreage west of town, and I've found his prices to be more than fair. He's also a bow hunter!

Also, then you'd be close to Bashaw and can go buy a gun at Bashaw Sports Center!

https://www.facebook.com/SandinsPaintBodyLtd/
This is the kinda info I like to hear...Thank you, I will be calling to check him out!
Zip

"KEEP SMILING"
Zip