Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-18-2009, 09:29 PM

Default Day pass needed for gun range.

Was going to head out to some crown land,as our club closed the gun range.
or is there an outdoor range in the Edmonton area that I can get a day pass,if not is there someone that could get me in theirs as a guest this weekend.
JR
Old 09-20-2009, 11:25 AM

There are several clubs around the Edmonton area. Why would you NOT just join 1 of them? Your last club closed down, in fact several clubs have been forced to close down across the province of late, and many of those still operating are fighting for survival. The only way any gun club will survive is to have a strong membership. You should consider the long term, and join a club in order to A) have a place to shoot before the clubs lefts close their membership and B) so that the clubs have a stong membership and resources in order to help fight to stay open.

Extreme Accuracy at Extreme Long Range
Old 09-20-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solothurn View Post
There are several clubs around the Edmonton area. Why would you NOT just join 1 of them? Your last club closed down, in fact several clubs have been forced to close down across the province of late, and many of those still operating are fighting for survival. The only way any gun club will survive is to have a strong membership. You should consider the long term, and join a club in order to A) have a place to shoot before the clubs lefts close their membership and B) so that the clubs have a Strong membership and resources in order to help fight to stay open.
I agree. I don't go to often to our range but I am a member. Partially in hopes that my support will help them to continue so my boys will have the opportunity when they are old enough.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:38 PM

I totaly agree also ,if I could find one that would expirer one year from when I bought it ,it would be worth it !
I only have one hunt this year .Its next week.
Went to some crown land today ,it was great ,only me .
Gun shoots good
Old 09-20-2009, 04:40 PM

the genasee range is a 40 min drive and only 70 bucks a year, cant beat that