Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-17-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKON View Post
David avoiding the hard questions once again
I was actually hoping for a response but the silence is deafening

Nikon
i am not avioding your question in my honest opinion and what i have read on prions i think that these area's you are talking about are not a issue yet as we have had no infections in area or had to shoot or had any road kill or Fish and Wildlife reports of infective animals reported in those areas .. so is there a chance yes is it showning it as a infective areas no .. is it a known area yes

David
Old 12-17-2012, 11:12 PM

here is were they are using fences to control access to areas in Park .. we do cull's in National Parks here its called risk accessment ungulated control program and has been done for over 40 years

David

http://ournationalparks.us/index.php...ct_vegetation/
Old 12-18-2012, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckle55 View Post
i am not avioding your question in my honest opinion and what i have read on prions i think that these area's you are talking about are not a issue yet as we have had no infections in area or had to shoot or had any road kill or Fish and Wildlife reports of infective animals reported in those areas .. so is there a chance yes is it showning it as a infective areas no .. is it a known area yes

David
Again you deflect the facts
I asked you if based on the border findings with very low percentages knowing the disease has been proven around Edmonton in domesticated deer and elk farms , are you 100% confident that these zones are cwd free?
Back to if we don't test it doesn't exist...... So that is what your saying right, you can not say testing road kill is a representative example of what we already know exists there...... The odds of someone finding one of these sick animals is very slim at 0.1% infection rate........ And nature takes care of the weak ........ "quote" so is there a chance yes Is it showing it as a infective area no"...NO?.. I guess not cuz they aren't testing for it even after proving it exists in deer and elk farms........ Your links prove this disease doesn't just go away it lives in the soil, it's there David wether you want to believe this or not........ What are we hiding?
I kind of figured you would twist the answer , after pounding this forum with links ..... You don't want to reasonably think this disease may exist west of the border ...Even after the srd proved culling 486 animals in a small high risk area finding no cwd positives...your answer is not reasonable knowing with small percentages we need 1000's of samples to prove a few cwd pos cases... Have they done this around Edmonton?... I'll answer this for you David , they tested 320 animals and some random road kills province wide... It's almost like your on a campaign to keep this a border issue... Has this become your agenda?
Food for thought

“Recent research in Wisconsin and Colorado has shown that large-scale culling of animals is ineffective in stopping the spread of the disease or reducing its prevalence.[/U]
Old 12-18-2012, 06:48 AM

Sooooooo does that mean we are for baiting or not? LOL
PG
Old 12-18-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKON View Post
Again you deflect the facts
I asked you if based on the border findings with very low percentages knowing the disease has been proven around Edmonton in domesticated deer and elk farms , are you 100% confident that these zones are cwd free?
Back to if we don't test it doesn't exist...... So that is what your saying right, you can not say testing road kill is a representative example of what we already know exists there...... The odds of someone finding one of these sick animals is very slim at 0.1% infection rate........ And nature takes care of the weak ........ "quote" so is there a chance yes Is it showing it as a infective area no"...NO?.. I guess not cuz they aren't testing for it even after proving it exists in deer and elk farms........ Your links prove this disease doesn't just go away it lives in the soil, it's there David wether you want to believe this or not........ What are we hiding?
I kind of figured you would twist the answer , after pounding this forum with links ..... You don't want to reasonably think this disease may exist west of the border ...Even after the srd proved culling 486 animals in a small high risk area finding no cwd positives...your answer is not reasonable knowing with small percentages we need 1000's of samples to prove a few cwd pos cases... Have they done this around Edmonton?... I'll answer this for you David , they tested 320 animals and some random road kills province wide... It's almost like your on a campaign to keep this a border issue... Has this become your agenda?
Food for thought

“Recent research in Wisconsin and Colorado has shown that large-scale culling of animals is ineffective in stopping the spread of the disease or reducing its prevalence.[/U]
These area's of Deer and elk farms were high fence farms.. so can we agree than they were inside the fence .. and if proper protocall was use then it was totally contained inside the fence and then the animals were removed and so were those animals on the outside in the area,,its been over 10 yrs now with no infections reported in area ..In Sask they found a cow elk and calf that are the first elk in Canada and we have had found dead animals tested and then area was put on a mandatory head submission..

but hey this is about Baiting/feeding and i hope we all can agree that we Alberta Sportsmen/women/kids don,t allow it ...

on CWD its another thread

David
Old 12-18-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckle55 View Post
These area's of Deer and elk farms were high fence farms.. so can we agree than they were inside the fence .. and if proper protocall was use then it was totally contained inside the fence and then the animals were removed and so were those animals on the outside in the area,,its been over 10 yrs now with no infections reported in area ..In Sask they found a cow elk and calf that are the first elk in Canada and we have had found dead animals tested and then area was put on a mandatory head submission..

but hey this is about Baiting/feeding and i hope we all can agree that we Alberta Sportsmen/women/kids don,t allow it ...

on CWD its another thread

David
It's like i said if your not testing for it, it doesn't exist10 years ago or not , very low percentages need 1000's of submissions
Wether you believe in baiting or not we can all agree it's happening more then most want to admit , wether it's before or after the season....For pictures or just to get deer thru the winter.....

“Recent research in Wisconsin and Colorado has shown that large-scale culling of animals is ineffective in stopping the spread of the disease or reducing its prevalence.Food for thought