Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-22-2016, 03:53 PM

Default Carson Lake - Whitecourt

Any word on the lake and how it's fishing? Been a few years and may try it boxing day.

Do they still keep the washrooms open? The ladies sure liked heated bathrooms back then but it's been years.

Can't remember what was the go to lure back then, any tips? Pm if you like.

Thanks
Old 12-23-2016, 07:14 AM

As far as I know the washrooms are closed for the winter. They were last year anyway. Carson usually fishes good throughout the winter, I usually just set up about 100ft off the sea wall or towards the narrows. Small jigs, Mitzi ditzys, jigging spoons, or a still line with a bobber tipped with worms or powerbait has never failed me. Great Lake for kids or wives, typically lots of action. Good luck!
Old 12-23-2016, 10:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzy View Post
As far as I know the washrooms are closed for the winter. They were last year anyway. Carson usually fishes good throughout the winter, I usually just set up about 100ft off the sea wall or towards the narrows. Small jigs, Mitzi ditzys, jigging spoons, or a still line with a bobber tipped with worms or powerbait has never failed me. Great Lake for kids or wives, typically lots of action. Good luck!
No washrooms open from Oct - May sometime from my own experience which is ridiculous with the pressure that lake receives and the fact hat facilities are in place.
Old 12-23-2016, 02:26 PM

Thanks, the washrooms being open were 20 yrs back. That's why the GF's would come to Carson. They could Pee in comfort and warm up.

Looks like the hooks i have are good and we used to fish out from the wood dock too. Looking forward to hitting this lake a few times. Bobber fished it too. Was fun hearing the pop of the bobber dropping in your second hole.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:34 PM

Make sure you pick a 5$ shrimp ring cut into small peices and you'll catch a ton