Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-10-2018, 05:59 AM
West O'5 West O'5 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: W5
Posts: 635
Default BREAKING NEWS!! 4 dead in Fredericton

Live on CBC right now,some kind of shootout on Brookside Dr this morn,4 dead(presuming the gunman is one of those?)
I just cringe every time something like this happens,with the inevitable political grandstanding and calling for gun bans.
😣
__________________
The toughest thing about waiting for the zombie apocalypse is pretending that I'm not excited.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-10-2018, 06:06 AM
Scott N's Avatar
Scott N Scott N is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,152
Default

I wonder if this is gang related, or something more sinister?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-10-2018, 06:06 AM
buckbrush's Avatar
buckbrush buckbrush is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 606
Default

This is becoming all to common. Thoughts a prayers to all the families of the victims.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-10-2018, 06:19 AM
Grizzly Adams's Avatar
Grizzly Adams Grizzly Adams is offline
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Central Alberta
Posts: 16,628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
This is becoming all to common. Thoughts a prayers to all the families of the victims.
Big question is WHY ???? As a society, we've developed ourselves into a position where too many people feel cornered, with no escape. Life is becoming way too complicated and ever more so, for an increasing number of people to deal with. Put too many rats in a box and they start killing each other.

Grizz
__________________
"Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal."
John E. Pfeiffer The Emergence of Man
written in 1969
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-10-2018, 06:26 AM
West O'5 West O'5 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: W5
Posts: 635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
I wonder if this is gang related, or something more sinister?
I'm guessing it's a domestic thing?
Freddytown doesn't have gang violence,and the incident is in a quiet residential area.
Either that or another one of Jihadi Justin's returning "foreign travellers".....a Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadan.😡
__________________
The toughest thing about waiting for the zombie apocalypse is pretending that I'm not excited.

Last edited by West O'5; 08-10-2018 at 06:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-10-2018, 06:36 AM
sgill808 sgill808 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 789
Default

Just heard on the radio that two of the dead were police officers and it is still an active situation.

Edit: another news site said they have the shooter in custody.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-10-2018, 07:01 AM
elkhunter11 elkhunter11 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Camrose
Posts: 31,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
Just heard on the radio that two of the dead were police officers and it is still an active situation.

Edit: another news site said they have the shooter in custody.
Four dead and now the taxpayers will pay to house the shooter, it would have been better if the shooter was killed by the police. And once again, the firearm will be blamed for the tragedy.
__________________
Only accurate guns are interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-10-2018, 07:02 AM
1899b's Avatar
1899b 1899b is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sherwood Park Ab
Posts: 3,447
Default

Make it stop....
__________________
An awful lot of big game was killed with the .30-06 including the big bears before everyone became affluent enough to own a rifle for every species of game they might hunt.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-10-2018, 07:06 AM
sgill808 sgill808 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Four dead and now the taxpayers will pay to house the shooter, it would have been better if the shooter was killed by the police. And once again, the firearm will be blamed for the tragedy.
You are absolutely correct. Waiting to hear for the "was previously arrested for..." and "sources say shooter suffered from..."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-10-2018, 07:39 AM
CaberTosser's Avatar
CaberTosser CaberTosser is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 15,737
Default

I was saddened to hear it wasn't simply bad guys shooting at each other, that some officers have been murdered is something that really bothers me. I don't know about other people, but I have a sliding scale of caring. I have no sympathy whatsoever for wounded / dead criminals (that's closer to glee, truth be told) and at the other end of the scale where I have maximum concern is when it involves children followed by/ tied with emergency workers (police, fire, EMS).

I care for people who care. I don't care for those devoid of conscience or societal responsibility.
__________________
"The trouble with people idiot-proofing things, is the resulting evolution of the idiot." Me
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-10-2018, 07:41 AM
Ken07AOVette's Avatar
Ken07AOVette Ken07AOVette is online now
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 17,431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
You are absolutely correct. Waiting to hear for the "was previously arrested for..." and "sources say shooter suffered from..."
"He was getting his life back on track, was a good boy and did so much for the community"
__________________
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-10-2018, 08:26 AM
Passthru's Avatar
Passthru Passthru is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Central Alberta
Posts: 681
Default

Hope they don’t name the shooter just like every other incident like this. Putting their name in the news just gives them recognition and motivates others to do the same.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-10-2018, 08:46 AM
elkhunter11 elkhunter11 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Camrose
Posts: 31,405
Default

Whatever the cause, the authorities will just have the media report that the cause was mental illness. And if the shooter turns out to be a returned ISIS member, there will be a gag order issued.
__________________
Only accurate guns are interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-10-2018, 09:09 AM
sns2's Avatar
sns2 sns2 is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: My House
Posts: 6,543
Default

Shooter should be made to suffer from rope burns.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-10-2018, 09:25 AM
HoytCRX32's Avatar
HoytCRX32 HoytCRX32 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 1,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I was saddened to hear it wasn't simply bad guys shooting at each other, that some officers have been murdered is something that really bothers me. I don't know about other people, but I have a sliding scale of caring. I have no sympathy whatsoever for wounded / dead criminals (that's closer to glee, truth be told) and at the other end of the scale where I have maximum concern is when it involves children followed by/ tied with emergency workers (police, fire, EMS).

I care for people who care. I don't care for those devoid of conscience or societal responsibility.
Yep, the hospital ER will be busy saving this criminal while law-abiding citizens wait for treatment...something very fundamentally wrong with that...happens all the time with gang-bangers here in Calgary
__________________
When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment feels like discrimination.
- Thomas Sowell -
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-10-2018, 10:38 AM
lmtada's Avatar
lmtada lmtada is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoytCRX32 View Post
Yep, the hospital ER will be busy saving this criminal while law-abiding citizens wait for treatment...something very fundamentally wrong with that...happens all the time with gang-bangers here in Calgary
I ageee. This is true statement.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-10-2018, 12:14 PM
Shepard..'s Avatar
Shepard.. Shepard.. is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Southern AB
Posts: 164
Default

Prayers for the families of the downed leos..

On another note, we all know this pos government has an anti gun agenda ongoing... so my point being is they are not announcing anything until this press conference. 1 of 2 things are happening, 1) they are fabricating a story line to benefit thier anti gun agenda or 2) Fredericton police got caught completely off guard and are being critiqued by the fedral government..

Dont let emotions dictate erational actions..
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-10-2018, 12:44 PM
fishtank fishtank is online now
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: edmonton
Posts: 1,814
Default

according to the new confrence the officer attend to the 2 victim laying on the ground , they where fired upon so it might be a rifle the shooter was using .
very very sad situation for both afficers and their familys , they each have 3 children and their spouse keep them in our prayers
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-10-2018, 12:46 PM
Shepard..'s Avatar
Shepard.. Shepard.. is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Southern AB
Posts: 164
Default

Ok we just watched the news conference and they are clearly hiding something or fabricating the hell out of a tragic event..stay tuned..
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-10-2018, 01:43 PM
MoFugger21's Avatar
MoFugger21 MoFugger21 is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern Alberta
Posts: 1,604
Default

Why does everything need to be a bloody conspiracy...? Good grief

Condolences to those whom have passed.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-10-2018, 01:58 PM
CaberTosser's Avatar
CaberTosser CaberTosser is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 15,737
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFugger21 View Post
Why does everything need to be a bloody conspiracy...? Good grief

Condolences to those whom have passed.
Agreed. Lots of nutbars of all ethnicities and religions (or militant lack thereof) to go around that could be responsible. Could be a domestic dispute where buddy came unhinged, could be gang/drug related, Can't rule out anything, but info is so scant at this point it's purely a speculators game. I'll allow that I like to guess as well, but the automatic jump to thinking 'conspiracy!' is something that should inspire pause for consideration for those constantly making the leap.

I wonder if constant jumping to conclusions gives one powerful quadriceps and glutes that attract the ladies ?
__________________
"The trouble with people idiot-proofing things, is the resulting evolution of the idiot." Me
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-10-2018, 02:18 PM
1899b's Avatar
1899b 1899b is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sherwood Park Ab
Posts: 3,447
Default

It’s not a time to worry about our precious guns. Lives were lost and there are families feeling pain beyond what they have ever experienced before.
__________________
An awful lot of big game was killed with the .30-06 including the big bears before everyone became affluent enough to own a rifle for every species of game they might hunt.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-10-2018, 02:20 PM
Shepard..'s Avatar
Shepard.. Shepard.. is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Southern AB
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Agreed. Lots of nutbars of all ethnicities and religions (or militant lack thereof) to go around that could be responsible. Could be a domestic dispute where buddy came unhinged, could be gang/drug related, Can't rule out anything, but info is so scant at this point it's purely a speculators game. I'll allow that I like to guess as well, but the automatic jump to thinking 'conspiracy!' is something that should inspire pause for consideration for those constantly making the leap.

I wonder if constant jumping to conclusions gives one powerful quadriceps and glutes that attract the ladies ?

I guess will see who the true nutbars and the pro gun ban agenda trolls are eh...its just a fact that they never let a tragedy go to waste. I would bet the odds that they are going to use this to further thier gun agenda..just like Toronto.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-10-2018, 02:27 PM
Shepard..'s Avatar
Shepard.. Shepard.. is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Southern AB
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
It’s not a time to worry about our precious guns. Lives were lost and there are families feeling pain beyond what they have ever experienced before.
That train of thought is dangerous, now is the time...

Thier families will be very well taken care of and compensated for thier losses.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-10-2018, 02:32 PM
Reddin Reddin is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard.. View Post
That train of thought is dangerous, now is the time...

Thier families will be very well taken care of and compensated for thier losses.
Really? Wow. No wonder pro gun has no wind in their sails.
__________________
“Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

"Toe da so" - Ricky, Trailer Park Boys
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-10-2018, 02:40 PM
bobtodrick bobtodrick is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddin View Post
Really? Wow. No wonder pro gun has no wind in their sails.
Bull...do you not think the anti gun crowd will be using this as a reason to get rid of our guns.
How come it is okay for them...but not us?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-10-2018, 02:41 PM
58thecat's Avatar
58thecat 58thecat is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Posts: 11,601
Default

Here we go eh, lets not speculate/assume on a few details, sorry for the loss of lives, senseless, sad too.
This will play out in due time.
__________________

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-10-2018, 03:03 PM
Shepard..'s Avatar
Shepard.. Shepard.. is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Southern AB
Posts: 164
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Here we go eh, lets not speculate/assume on a few details, sorry for the loss of lives, senseless, sad too.
This will play out in due time.
Wow, just wow the recent Toronto event didnt open your eyes? Come on folks, they play us off our emotions and it works everytime. Who doesn't feel EXTREMELY horrible for those families and friends of those taken. But as we are filled with emotions that block logical thinking our current government is scheming up bills that will have no impact on gun violence and criminal gun use.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-10-2018, 03:05 PM
crazy_davey's Avatar
crazy_davey crazy_davey is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Foothills
Posts: 1,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard.. View Post
I would bet the odds that they are going to use this to further thier gun agenda..just like Toronto.
You can be 100% sure they will!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-10-2018, 03:34 PM
dmcbride dmcbride is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Bazeau County East side
Posts: 3,967
Default

Condolences to the victims.


Clearly the Liberals want to ban guns and are trying to get the votes to do so. Stay silent at your own peril.

Ralph Goodale already is manipulating stats.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gun...tics-1.4779702
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.