Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Banned

Default Brrruuuutttaaallll!

Was at a local fishing hole with my 7 year old son yesterday. We were shore fishing and were catching some decent fish and having a great day.

A vehicle then pulled in with 3 Asians in it. As they pulled in my son was fighting a fish and obviously they noticed this. They then proceeded to crowd in as close as they could get...about 3 feet away or closer. I had a rod holder stuck in the ground for obvious reasons but that didn't seem to matter to them as they tossed right into the spot we were fishing totally oblivious or maybe not? to what we were doing. They then caught an undersized fish and went to put it on a chain. I informed them it was too small and they looked at me like I was from another planet. They did put the fish back but it died simply because they drug it up the bank through the rocks, dirt, gravel, etc. It floated in to shore and there it sat. They did this a few more times and proceeded to drag several fish up on shore through the rocks, dirt, gravel, etc and every fish they attempted to throw back died. They did catch some legal fish and put them on a chain.

In the meantime they were throwing their cigarette butts, smoke packs, as well as a raft of other garbage on the ground...which they left there. My son and I were catching fish about 4 to 1 compared to them and whenever we would reel in a fish and walk to the truck to rebait, one of them would walk into our spot and cast into it and sit there. I then told them to get the hell out of our spot and show some respect. They again looked at me like I was from another planet. Finally they decided to leave so they took their legal fish and threw them into a tub and walked to where the floaters were. They crouched down pretending to wash their hands all the while staring intently at me waiting for me to look away. I am not stupid and I knew what they were doing. Sure enough, they each grabbed one of the undersized dead fish that they killed by dragging them through the rocks, etc, bolted for their vehicle, and took off. I got their license number and phoned the poacher line. They saw me on the phone and drove down the road a ways and tossed the 3 small ones out.

No wonder they have gotten a bad reputation. Immigrate to Canada, play dumb, rape our resources, throw garbage everywhere and expect to be accepted into our country. Ain't immigration just wonderful? And no I am not a racist!

Even my 7 year old son could not believe what he had just witnessed. Oh, and yes we cleaned up all of their garbage before we left.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:26 PM

Its not just Asians who do this Ive seen many people of many ethnicities do the same thing , Its annoying as hell . I would of told them to move or cut there line . Or as my buddy Best Guide Shawn woulda pushed them all in the water and tossed there gear in
Old 07-10-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophyboy View Post
Was at a local fishing hole with my 7 year old son yesterday. We were shore fishing and were catching some decent fish and having a great day.

A vehicle then pulled in with 3 Asians in it. As they pulled in my son was fighting a fish and obviously they noticed this. They then proceeded to crowd in as close as they could get...about 3 feet away or closer. I had a rod holder stuck in the ground for obvious reasons but that didn't seem to matter to them as they tossed right into the spot we were fishing totally oblivious or maybe not? to what we were doing. They then caught an undersized fish and went to put it on a chain. I informed them it was too small and they looked at me like I was from another planet. They did put the fish back but it died simply because they drug it up the bank through the rocks, dirt, gravel, etc. It floated in to shore and there it sat. They did this a few more times and proceeded to drag several fish up on shore through the rocks, dirt, gravel, etc and every fish they attempted to throw back died. They did catch some legal fish and put them on a chain.

In the meantime they were throwing their cigarette butts, smoke packs, as well as a raft of other garbage on the ground...which they left there. My son and I were catching fish about 4 to 1 compared to them and whenever we would reel in a fish and walk to the truck to rebait, one of them would walk into our spot and cast into it and sit there. I then told them to get the hell out of our spot and show some respect. They again looked at me like I was from another planet. Finally they decided to leave so they took their legal fish and threw them into a tub and walked to where the floaters were. They crouched down pretending to wash their hands all the while staring intently at me waiting for me to look away. I am not stupid and I knew what they were doing. Sure enough, they each grabbed one of the undersized dead fish that they killed by dragging them through the rocks, etc, bolted for their vehicle, and took off. I got their license number and phoned the poacher line. They saw me on the phone and drove down the road a ways and tossed the 3 small ones out.

No wonder they have gotten a bad reputation. Immigrate to Canada, play dumb, rape our resources, throw garbage everywhere and expect to be accepted into our country. Ain't immigration just wonderful? And no I am not a racist!

Even my 7 year old son could not believe what he had just witnessed. Oh, and yes we cleaned up all of their garbage before we left.

I 100% agree with you on this.

I've witnessed it a number of times, and it's just a disgrace.

It's funny because it's only Asian people I see do this.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:

Wow...... That is absolutely terrible...

Sorry to hear these guys ruined you and your son's fishing trip... Those people need to learn some RESPECT.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
Its not just Asians who do this Ive seen many people of many ethnicities do the same thing , Its annoying as hell . I would of told them to move or cut there line . Or as my buddy Best Guide Shawn woulda pushed them all in the water and tossed there gear in :lol:
So is there a back story to this comment???
Old 07-10-2012, 04:38 PM

Oh this should get good...

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 07-10-2012, 04:40 PM

I've witnessed it many times, PCR and MacGregor have to be 2 of the worst. But tread lightly when you mention nationality here, you'll get torn apart.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:42 PM

I have fished all over the province and believe it or not the biggest rule breakers are in northern alberta and the reason i think this is there is no patrolling of waters they fish and lots of place there is no mobile service........i am not stero typing the people from the north but u have your bad ones up north
Old 07-10-2012, 04:45 PM

Morrinville pond is bad for it as well.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman View Post
I have fished all over the province and believe it or not the biggest rule breakers are in northern alberta and the reason i think this is there is no patrolling of waters they fish and lots of place there is no mobile service........i am not stero typing the people from the north but u have your bad ones up north
You are correct.

It all boils down to a serious lack of enforcement.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:52 PM

At least most of it seems to happen in stocked ponds, regardless it should not be tolerated and you should have thrown there gear in or thrown them in ext..

I.B.T.L
Old 07-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
Oh this should get good...
Oh goodie.

This one's my favorite.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:58 PM

You should have let the little guy handle them Kelly.

I am sure he could have whipped them into shape in no time.

It sure seems like this sort of situation is becoming more common as time goes on.

Glad to hear you and your son got into the fish.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:02 PM

It only takes a few bad apples to wreck it for the few good ones. I was once out ice fishing with my son when we had some ( other nationality ) show up to fish. After watching them beat the ice with a tire iron I offered them the use of my hand auger. They returned the kind gesture by offering us some hot soup.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorehor View Post
It only takes a few bad apples to wreck it for the few good ones. I was once out ice fishing with my son when we had some ( other nationality ) show up to fish. After watching them beat the ice with a tire iron I offered them the use of my hand auger. They returned the kind gesture by offering us some hot soup.
That's awesome. Back on the bay of quinte we only ever had an axe, and no soup
Old 07-10-2012, 05:17 PM

Storys like those just sicken me to no end. I wouldn't think twice, and just cut their line cause they're being ignorant

In Ontario, the f&w were noticing more and more 'people' saying that they do not understand English, so a couple years ago they came out with the regulations in the Chinese/Japanese/etc... So that nobody could get away with the language barrier any more. I thought it was a brilliant idea! Lol

More to the point of my story, in a small village, 2hrs SW of Ottawa. A couple Asians were night fishing at a popular hole and these locals had noticed them keeping everything without even thinking if it reached slot size or not. Well the locals, knowing unless they did something, the asians would just get away with their act...and fish. They confronted the asians, who of course denied the accusations, then the one local reached into the pail, to give them a lesson on how to measure the fish. As he reached the one Asian guy assaulted the man. After this took place, the locals ended up knocking out the Asians, and we're found 8 days later, down the river.

It's pretty sad what some people do when they know that they are in the wrong and trapped. It's even worse, since some people agree that taking action on law breakers due to poor response times, if any.

I was approached 3 times by a CO on the long weekend, in K country. I was pleased to see a heavy presence on a long weekend!! I've been here for almost two years, and that was the first time that I had ever been stopped!

I'm not a rascist and am not speaking against the Asian population as a whole, just the few who know who they are!!
Old 07-10-2012, 05:21 PM

I guess we need a fishing test much like the hunting test or GTFO.

No excuses then.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:

Wow, I feel sorry for ya, nothing worse than this.. I totally agree with everything you said/did..
Old 07-10-2012, 05:34 PM

These kind of behaviors are distasteful no matter what race. Glad you called it in.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:38 PM

And btw... The way they fished around u nice and close... Is called " Lockported" when fishing the red river in MB.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
These kind of behaviors are distasteful no matter what race. Glad you called it in.
x2. Plus not all Asians are like this. I hunt and fish with a lot of my friends who are Canadian born Asians and they are not like this at all. They play by the rules and are respectful of others. I find the ones that are bad are the ones that immigrated here and they wreck it for everyone else.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Banned

I remember stories of when my great great grandpappy immigrated to this country.

They were great fishermen and could fill potato sacks full of bull trout for the garden.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:52 PM

Yep some people have no respect it happens all the time to me but i have learned to ignore as long as i have elbow room as on some rivers we are stacked at the runs.. it was very good of you to show your boy how to clean up after other anglers .. my boys have watched me and helped for years cleaning up fishing messes at lakes/ rivers/ and even around where i live.. this was from the weekend at Muskiki Lake on July 8 ..it looks alot better now

David

garbage form Muskiki Lake on weekend July 8 2012 001.jpg
Old 07-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrabbit000 View Post
x2. Plus not all Asians are like this. I hunt and fish with a lot of my friends who are Canadian born Asians and they are not like this at all. They play by the rules and are respectful of others. I find the ones that are bad are the ones that immigrated here and they wreck it for everyone else.
Yup

I find that poachers are poachers and theres hardly anything else about the discussion that is relevant.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:01 PM

That is a shame and I'm glad you cleaned up after them. Good on ya mate. Not that I am perfect but it would have made me upset also to see people do that. Wish it never happened.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:15 PM

asians and newfies are the worst dont get me started about newfies and deer poaching and then bragging about it
Old 07-10-2012, 06:21 PM

Are you guys blind, not everyone who illegal fishes is asian OPEN YOUR EYES i have seen every race,skin,color,hippy,skippy,gangster,loser,millio naire,poor,skinny,fat,huge,small,whimp,blond,pink, orange,and purple haired people fish all over the place and do not fish respectively, don't boil down a race.

Last edited by Alberta Bigbore; 07-10-2012 at 06:31 PM. Reason: its asian....not azn
Old 07-10-2012, 06:29 PM

Good post bgsh. Sums it up.