Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-25-2024, 04:49 PM

Default New Canadian Game Show - Capt Clueless on the Road

This guy goes of country and there seems to be no end to the taxdollars that Canadians worked for that he will give away.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/tru...e-change-study

Highlights for those of you that do not want to punch your computer

A backgrounder on the $8.4 million describes it as a project to reclaim “civic space to confront the climate emergency.” “Canada is investing $8.4 million to support human rights defenders working on climate and environmental issues across the Global South,” it reads.

The International Development Research Centre will also be getting an additional $4.6 million to “create an equitable, feminist, and inclusive digital sphere,”

Other components of the $30-million package include $1.44 million “to strengthen the resilience of francophone LGBTQI+ rights movements in North Africa.”
Old 03-25-2024, 05:01 PM

Old 03-25-2024, 05:03 PM

Trudeau pledges $8.4 million to study 'democratic decline'
Initiative will research how climate change 'interacts with democratic decline' and help protect the human rights of environmental defenders

Well PERHAPS he should look at his own actions at HOME as a case study on "democratic decline". After all JT DID say that he is not here to be "popular" on the recent Carbon Tax discussions revolving around the April 1 increase.

Well popular equates with majority in Democratic parlance. But we, the people of course do not know what's good for us, right?

I want my $8.4 million too! How about you?

Drewski
Old 03-25-2024, 06:16 PM

Look on the bright side, its not 84 million. (Yet)
At this point all we can do is laugh and maintain the posture of the Canadian taxpayer. BENT OVER.
Old 03-25-2024, 06:44 PM

if the good men who volunteered to fight during WW2 could have had a crystal ball to look into the future of what a lot of them lost their lives fighting for I don't think any of them would have volunteered. they lost their lives fighting against what is now running this country. that tweet isn't a joke at all.
Old 03-25-2024, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barsik View Post
if the good men who volunteered to fight during WW2 could have had a crystal ball to look into the future of what a lot of them lost their lives fighting for I don't think any of them would have volunteered. they lost their lives fighting against what is now running this country. that tweet isn't a joke at all.
Those young men went overseas to fight and die, to try and prevent what is happening to Canada now.
Old 03-25-2024, 07:14 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Na if the good men and women from yesteryear where here well you wouldn’t be sitting farting around on a device. Your ear would be ringing from the smack ya got and now it’s up to you to figure out why.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-25-2024, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Na if the good men and women from yesteryear where here well you wouldn’t be sitting farting around on a device. Your ear would be ringing from the smack ya got and now it’s up to you to figure out why.

You are one to talk, if those men and women shared your attitude, they would have sat around dreaming sunny days thoughts, instead of going overseas to fight oppression.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 03-25-2024 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-26-2024, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
You are one to talk, if those men and women shared your attitude, they would have sat around dreaming sunny days thoughts, instead of going overseas to fight oppression.
Ahhh again YOU missed my point....if they were here you and myself along with many others would have a hard reality check....my attitude

Old 03-26-2024, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Ahhh again YOU missed my point....if they were here you and myself along with many others would have a hard reality check....my attitude
They would have the serious reality check, seeing what Canada has become, because of the woke, the globalists, and people that tolerate and even support the government and police taking away our rights, while driving us deeper and deeper into debt, through irresponsible spending and corruption. Trying to see the positive, while ignoring all of this is what enables this to occur.
Old 03-26-2024, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
They would have the serious reality check, seeing what Canada has become, because of the woke, the globalists, and people that tolerate and even support the government and police taking away our rights, while driving us deeper and deeper into debt, through irresponsible spending and corruption. Trying to see the positive, while ignoring all of this is what enables this to occur.
Staying positive is a step forward and is much more beneficial navigating through a crisis etc. It is easier but not beneficial staying negative kinda like fighting fires with a corn broom and a jug of gas.

The country will come around once the Libs are out and then that government shows its true colors and here we are again.

Some happy, some not.

Old 03-26-2024, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
Trudeau pledges $8.4 million to study 'democratic decline'
Initiative will research how climate change 'interacts with democratic decline' and help protect the human rights of environmental defenders

Well PERHAPS he should look at his own actions at HOME as a case study on "democratic decline". After all JT DID say that he is not here to be "popular" on the recent Carbon Tax discussions revolving around the April 1 increase.

Well popular equates with majority in Democratic parlance. But we, the people of course do not know what's good for us, right?

I want my $8.4 million too! How about you?

Drewski
His deal with the NDP is not a democratic process. He needs look no further than into a mirror to see a reason for democratic decline.

No one in Canada voted for a lib/ndp agreement to rule the country. That agreement is governing in the least. It's dictate and rule.

BW
Old 03-26-2024, 09:24 AM

Bigwoodsman,

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

You get it, but the examples of so called Democratic Decline abound under the Trudeau Tyranny.

How about this one: Treating Canadians FAIRLY across the Country. What do you mean you say? A hall pass on Carbon Tax on Heating Oil when the whole point is using the oil to heat with.

So, if Canadians were treated fairly Coast to Coast, heating fuels in general (a.k.a. Natural Gas) would also have no Carbon Tax on it. But then again, this is the democratic treatment of Maritime Canadians, not the democratic treatment of Western Canadians.

After all, why would the rules apply equally in a Democracy, right?

Drewski
Old 03-26-2024, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Staying positive is a step forward and is much more beneficial navigating through a crisis etc. It is easier but not beneficial staying negative kinda like fighting fires with a corn broom and a jug of gas.

The country will come around once the Libs are out and then that government shows its true colors and here we are again.

Some happy, some not.
Doing nothing but ignoring the corruption and oppression, just enables more corruption and oppression. The only way to stop oppression, is to resist it, positive thoughts don't accomplish that.
Old 03-26-2024, 09:43 AM

Quote:
I knew a lot of ww2 veterans and I'm honestly glad they are not around to see what Canada is now. They would probably end up in jail. They would be so miserable . Haha OMG if I could just snap my fingers and time transport them to the present day.
This whole political correct, safety first and basically everything that used to be everyday normal living is now against the law. Hunting regulations, gun regulations, seat belts and other safety crap. Just the way people look now a days.
Haha can you imagine someone from that generation finding out that in schools basically they are teaching everything wrong with the present day world is because of people like them and their ancestors. Or calling police for help because they are victim of a assault or robbery and instead of helping them the police arrest them and ransack their house looking for guns to steal