Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-18-2008, 09:15 AM

Default Ziess Scopes

Need help what is the name of the ziess scope in the outdoors mag last page?
Old 06-20-2008, 09:41 AM

I didn't see the ad you mention but it will be either a Zeiss Victory or Zeiss Conquest. If it was the range finding scope, I think they are called Victory Diascope. Anyway, check their web site and see.

http://www.zeiss.com/C1256BCF0020BE5F/?Open

The Victory line is German made and the Conquest line is made in the USA with mostly imported parts. Glass from Eastern Europe, erectors from Germany, etc. I own several Zeiss Conquest scopes from 3-9x40mm size up to the incredible 6-20x50mm and IMO, they are probably the best bang for the buck optically today. Unlike scopes from other manufacturers, they have all tracked perfectly for me and the sight picture is very pleasing to the eye....the resolution is excellent and their brightness is astounding. I don't have any direct experience with Victory scopes since they have a big price tag. Zeiss has a Canadian repair depot located in Ontario...I have never had to use their services (which means I have had no issues with Zeiss scopes) but when I have asked them questions, they were excellent to deal with. Remember that with the current laws, having a Canadian repair depot is critical. That limits scope choices big time.
Old 06-20-2008, 11:07 PM

I recently bought a zeiss conquest 4-14AO and i must say it is a delight to shoot. It is so clear and crisp. I love the fact that the eye relief remains constant when increasing magnification.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
I recently bought a zeiss conquest 4-14AO and i must say it is a delight to shoot. It is so clear and crisp. I love the fact that the eye relief remains constant when increasing magnification.
I have that same scope on my Remington XCR Tactical 308 with a mil-dot reticle. Very nice indeed. Can't beat a Conquest for the buck.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:26 AM

I own a zeiss 3-9X40 conquest and mounted it on my 378 wthrby, great combination. Very clear glass and bright, I would recommend to anyone and the price is very good as well. Used leopold dual dovetail bases and rings and they are great.
Just my 2 cents