Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-24-2009, 10:36 PM

Default Canadian Flyfishing chamopionships

ANyone have a link to the 2009 Canadian flyfishing chanmpionships in Fernie this week? I know someone in the tournament and I want to see how they are doing.... any help would be appreciated.

thanks!
Old 09-25-2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertabowhunter View Post
ANyone have a link to the 2009 Canadian flyfishing chanmpionships in Fernie this week? I know someone in the tournament and I want to see how they are doing.... any help would be appreciated.

thanks!
In the time you typed all that you could've just typed "2009 Canadian fly fishing chanmpionships in Fernie" into google and got THIS result. of which you would find THIS Google is your friend, my friend
Old 09-25-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Dave View Post
In the time you typed all that you could've just typed "2009 Canadian fly fishing chanmpionships in Fernie" into google and got THIS result. of which you would find THIS Google is your friend, my friend
It doesn't have any results, though. Not that I could find, anyway. I'm curious to see how Kingfisher is doing.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:39 AM

yes I noticed it doesn't. They must not be updating until after?? dunno. But I'd guess that site would be the most comprehensive for that event. Doubt you'd find up-to-the-date results on any other site...but I've been known to be wrong before
Old 09-25-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAisling View Post
It doesn't have any results, though. Not that I could find, anyway. I'm curious to see how Kingfisher is doing.
I heard Rob got too drunk and missed the "casting call"
Old 09-25-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnk View Post
Well, that doesn't sound very encouraging, does it?

Perhaps it is just a nasty rumour started by the competition?

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Hmmmm, that's not very supportive of a fellow member.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swansong View Post
Hmmmm, that's not very supportive of a fellow member.
Chill out people! The chuckling emoticon would indicate tongue-in-cheek!
Old 09-26-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Chill out people! The chuckling emoticon would indicate tongue-in-cheek!
Unfortunately, what you meant was really hard to figure out. I still can't figure out exactly what you meant. The meaning has gotten lost in the presentation.

I'm sure it would be easier to decipher if you had said it person-to-person.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:53 PM

goldscud is the best flyfisher is the world... He would win this hands down!
Old 09-28-2009, 01:07 AM

Smile

Hey guys I just got in from Fernie.

Thanks for the laugh John. For those that didn't know John knows me personally and I certainly know he was just joking. Just to answer your question John. No I didn't get drunk and miss it at all. I was out there last Saturday and fished my butt off each and every day. We caught plenty of fish each and every day durring the practice.

But then came the competition. The beats they gave us were absolutely the worst on the river. So you really had to work for each and every fish. I caught a total of 6 fish durring the competition. But was only able to land one. Ya, I know, that sucks.

I was so damn excited when I finally caught a fish that I horsed the fish in and lost 5 of the 6. On the lake sections which were held on Summit lake I had an 8 to 10 pounder on and it snapped me off. Then with in 10 minutes I had another about 5 pounds on and I was about to land it when it shook the hook loose. Talk about frustrating.

All and all I had a wonderfull time there in Fernie. I fished most of my beats either with or beside Canadian National Fly Fishing Team's Rob Stroud. He is an amazing fisherman and was giving me tips along the way. I though I was a good fisherman until I watched Rob take fish after fish from water that I thought wasn't good enough to even bother tossing in a fly. I know for sure I will never ever look at a river the same ever again.

My ranking was 41 of 45 so I wasn't the worst out there. But I wasn't far from it.

I learned so much from this competition. I know it will make me a better angler. This was my first attempt at competitive fly fishing, so there is only one way from here and that's up. The competition next year is in Manitoba and I am going there for sure.

Cheers,
Rob
Old 09-28-2009, 06:18 AM

Old 09-28-2009, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
Hey guys I just got in from Fernie.

Thanks for the laugh John. For those that didn't know John knows me personally and I certainly know he was just joking.
Now that makes sense. I couldn't figure out what was up with that one: if he was friend or foe to you.

It's nice to know that you didn't come in dead last I find that the first time I do something, I always do pretty poorly. There's just a lot to absorb. I'm sure you learned a lot, I hope you had a good time, and if you go back next year you've pretty much got nowhere to go but up!