Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-30-2008, 02:10 AM

Default Photos from Christina Lake (Guided trip...)

Man,

What a FREAKIN' BLAST :

I hired a guide to take us (my family) out fishing while we were on vacation at Christina Lake. It was worth EVERY single penny and then some.... The guide "Jesse Martin" was AMAZING. This guy truly has a gift for fishing and it's not hard to see that he likes sharing it with others. If you ever decide to fish Christina or any body of water in the B.C. interior, Jesse Martin is your man. My wife and I had our two little guys with us (8 and 6) and Jesse was tremendously patient and helpful with their 100's of questions and fishing needs whilst on the boat. We hunted down Large Mouth, Small Mouth and even Sunfish for the kids and myself (I had not caught one since I was a kid either..) In any event, it was a GREAT experience and we look forward to fishing with Jesse once again. If you think you might want to do the same, you can get hold of "Jesse Martin" at his website:

I hope you enjoy the photos !

Cheers,

/FC....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hi senko.JPG (74.8 KB, 375 views)
File Type: jpg guiding trip.JPG (83.1 KB, 350 views)
File Type: jpg trip4.JPG (81.3 KB, 345 views)

Last edited by lilsundance; 07-31-2008 at 08:54 PM. Reason: remove link
Old 07-30-2008, 02:26 AM

Great pics. Always good to see the kids having fun fishing.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:27 AM

Default hiring a guide never makes u a lesser fisherman

WOW well said dude. i guide part time on my home waters. when i go to a trout mecca i am not familliar with i always get a guide. i always have an awesome trip and i learn more about that fishery in 8 hours than i would on my own in years.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:30 AM

Default A few more Photos !!

Nice Fish and great Scenery...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trip3.JPG (65.0 KB, 255 views)
File Type: jpg trip8.JPG (66.4 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg trip11.JPG (35.0 KB, 226 views)
Old 07-30-2008, 02:34 AM

Nice bucket mouth!
Old 07-30-2008, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutpirate View Post
WOW well said dude. i guide part time on my home waters. when i go to a trout mecca i am not familliar with i always get a guide. i always have an awesome trip and i learn more about that fishery in 8 hours than i would on my own in years.
You're absolutely right...

I learned SO much in that one day it was just unreal.
My family and I really hit it off with Jesse pretty good and he took me out again for the early AM bite the next day. It was just him and I on the water and it was THEN when I realized just how good he really was at fishing (certainly for BASS).

With one of the many Baitcasting reels/rods, he was pulling fish from under docks, around boats, over lilly pads, through structure, over structure.... Man, it was something to see ! I was truly in awe of how 'accurate' he was with that rod and reel and how easy he made it look, drawing those fish from their safe, early morning havens. Just awesome...

BTW, where do you guide ?

Cheers,

/FC...
Old 07-30-2008, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
Nice bucket mouth!
Yeah,

That one was a beauty. I chose that photo so that people could see that the Fish wasn't held RIGHT in front of the camera. Being able to see the rod 'in front' of the fish helps a bit too.

Cheers,

/FC....
Old 07-30-2008, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
Great pics. Always good to see the kids having fun fishing.
They had a hoot !

My 8 year old insisted on fighting the fish while he was cooling down in the water with his little bro' (guidingtrip.jpg) I love that kind of spirit...

Cheers,

/FC....
Old 07-30-2008, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floppychicken@shaw.ca View Post
You're absolutely right...

I learned SO much in that one day it was just unreal.
My family and I really hit it off with Jesse pretty good and he took me out again for the early AM bite the next day. It was just him and I on the water and it was THEN when I realized just how good he really was at fishing (certainly for BASS).

With one of the many Baitcasting reels/rods, he was pulling fish from under docks, around boats, over lilly pads, through structure, over structure.... Man, it was something to see ! I was truly in awe of how 'accurate' he was with that rod and reel and how easy he made it look, drawing those fish from their safe, early morning havens. Just awesome...

BTW, where do you guide ?

Cheers,

/FC...
I guide around Hinton, only for trout, my partner guides for pike. fishn has been awesome as of late for rainbow, cutthroat, brooky, brown, laker, and grayling. all flyfishing in the lakes mostly spin casting in the rivers.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:27 AM
Banned

Looks like you guys had a great trip,, thx for sharin the pics and the story floppy.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:06 AM

Great pics and experience looks like. I may be headed to Christina Lake one day, that's down by Trail BC correct?
Old 07-30-2008, 09:51 AM

looks great!The family and I are thinking of renting a home there next august for a holiday, taking the boat to do some tubing and bass fishing.Just wondering what you think,my daughter is 6 and loves fishing and playing in the water,is it really what they say 23c in the summer.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRackLover View Post
Great pics and experience looks like. I may be headed to Christina Lake one day, that's down by Trail BC correct?
Yep,

Grand Forks is just 15 minutes away and is a great little town to visit. Castlegar is NorthWest about an hour and that's where the Columbia and Kootenay rivers meet. Apparently the fishing there is insane and especially when the hatches are on.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcharger View Post
looks great!The family and I are thinking of renting a home there next august for a holiday, taking the boat to do some tubing and bass fishing.Just wondering what you think,my daughter is 6 and loves fishing and playing in the water,is it really what they say 23c in the summer.
We rented a place called Brio Bed & Breakfast. It wasn't really a B&B in the classic sense but more of a big log home. It had four bedrooms, full kitchen, living room w/ piano, basement, washer/dryer etc.... The price was more than right at $825.00 bucks a WEEK TOO !!

The water was REALLY warm at 72.5 to 75.0 degrees around the lake. I was a bit disappointed in the public beach as it was somewhat weedy around rib cage level. Apparently they are having a bit of a 'milfoil' issue and the weeds are plucked by hand rather than machine so it doesn't spread... The beach was a 'bit rocky' (more small stones really...) but the water was clean and very clear ! The best beaches are the ones that you access by boat. They have a number of them and there are lot's of amenities around most of the lake (along with the boat-in beaches...).

Bring a dinghy or some tubes as the Kettle and Granby rivers has AWESOME floating oppurtunities. There is one place where you can float for 2 hours and the walk back is ony about a half hour (something about how the river winds back I suppose...).

Along with floating, boating and fishing, there is a GREAT horseback riding outfit only 10 minutes away from Christina Lake. It's called "Owl Mountain Ranch" and it's RIGHT on the Canada / USA border. The have different types of rides and we ended up there twice. I suggest the two hour ride that goes along the side of the mountain and up to the valley above the falls and I suggest bring a camera !

Also, don't forget that CABELA'S is a mere couple hours away in "Post Falls Idaho". I spent this years allowance while I was down there ! The Post Falls shopping outlets are dead but the deals in Spokane are REALLY good. Couer d'alene is only 5 miles from there and you can bring the family to Silverwood and have a blast at both the rides and the HUGE waterpark and slides.

We came back up through the mountains (Glacier National Park) and although it was beautiful, it was the SCARIEST FREAKIN' drive I've EVER been on ! We're still suffering a touch of vertigo... !

Cheers,

/FC....

Also, don't forget that CABELA'S is just down below
Old 07-31-2008, 07:03 PM

Thanks alot I really apreciate the information.It sounds like my whole family are going to enjoy it.As far as the public beach that sucks,but we found a place that has its own private beach,dock with diving board and slide with a boat lift,its a bit more money($2800 week)but like my buddy says enjoy life before its to late. T hat place also sleeps 10-12 people so thats not to bad.Again thanks alot.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramcharger View Post
Thanks alot I really apreciate the information.It sounds like my whole family are going to enjoy it.As far as the public beach that sucks,but we found a place that has its own private beach,dock with diving board and slide with a boat lift,its a bit more money($2800 week)but like my buddy says enjoy life before its to late. T hat place also sleeps 10-12 people so thats not to bad.Again thanks alot.
You are welcome !

There's tons of places on the lake... We chose the 4 bedroom cabin cause' it left a LOT of money left over for things like CABELAS in Post Falls, Silverwood Theme park / Water Park, Hotel Stays and a whole lotta' shopping for the Mrs from Washington to Montana !

Cheers,

/FC....