Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Blakeinator2

Default Re: X-Bows

I drew twice on my biggest whitetail with a bow, was using the trophy taker original fall away at the time and for the first time the arrow skipped to the riser side of the rest and screeched....i had to let down and do it again...still nailed him and he was down in 40. So many lessons one learns in the field....as gay as it sounds i shoot a whisker bisquit...just so simple, not as quiet as i can make a trophy taker but i don't mind a little noise on the draw...i usually draw when i want the animal to stop for the shot...usually they hear something/catch some movement and stop to have a look...if they don't i bleat at them to get them to stop for the shot. Obviously this is from blinds or treestands and not on spot/stalk type hunts. And i'd go back to a trophy taker any day, i'd just get the one with the bigger forks...but they are awesome rests also, a little 'fuzzy stuff' and you can make it 100% zero noise on the draw if you need that...as an elk hunter i know told me thats the only way to go. I can't imagine giving up my whisker bisquit now.

I've seen the second shot phenom also...lots of times they have no idea whats going on and they stick around to find out. Don't miss with the crossbow as thats your one chance.

The 'draw' factor is tiny in the big picture.