Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-16-2022, 06:09 PM

Default Wow!...

Background for the ones that may have missed the latest "news":

So some may or may not know know about the controversial "Prisoner Trade" between the Biden Administration and Russia not too long ago. Brittney Griner(American Black female basketball player)who was knocked off/convicted with drug charges in Russia versus a high profile arms Russian dealer. Griner is a known American flag hating person. I will not get into the "pronoun".

So I was in my workshop this afternoon, listening to Sunny 94 Radio station, from Lacombe, like I do many times. Usually, they are pretty good reporting local, Provincial, and National news (on that one I have a bit of a hard time).

So at 5 o'clock, and previously 2 o'clock, they reported that Griner will be going back to playing basketball next year in the WNBA!!!

Why would they report that? Who cares around here? Stick to the relevant local/Provincial news.

Do Central Alberta, or the rest of the Province really care about Griner? I for one don't...

I'm sure some from Central Alberta folks who listen to this station heard this one....

Pathetic! And I am done with Sunny 94...
Old 12-16-2022, 06:18 PM

Common, Phil!
Old 12-16-2022, 06:19 PM

I like Sunny 94 as well, but some of there "canned" news isn't really tailored to a thinking audience.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4f6.jpeg.jpg (25.6 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg 87bae0475834c468918ca4ed08ed348b23709d1f6368eb756354d86f79a3cc0a_1.jpg (27.7 KB, 202 views)
Old 12-16-2022, 06:45 PM

I really don't care what she does. I thought that it was a terrible deal to trade a big time arms dealer for a pot head basketball player that was guilty of violating another countries laws. Releasing that arms dealer could cost innocent lives, and I don't consider Griner to be worth the risk.
Old 12-16-2022, 07:08 PM

Do you get x100.7 out there?
That's the ticket.
(Wish it came in this far east)
Old 12-16-2022, 07:18 PM

I’d like to see an end to the Meghan whine-a-thon.
Old 12-16-2022, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmanbob View Post
I’d like to see an end to the Meghan whine-a-thon.
Meghan's sister was on Tucker Carlson tonight. I just caught a blurb but big Sis is not impressed with Meg & Harry!

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 12-16-2022, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I really don't care what she does. I thought that it was a terrible deal to trade a big time arms dealer for a pot head basketball player that was guilty of violating another countries laws. Releasing that arms dealer could cost innocent lives, and I don't consider Griner to be worth the risk.
Agree totally, they traded for Griner , not even a minor player in the big scheme of things and left another American, accused of espionage to face Russian justice. The fawning by Biden on her return was beyond obscene.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 12-16-2022, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I like Sunny 94 as well, but some of there "canned" news isn't really tailored to a thinking audience.
Those little local stations have their budget limitations. I get to listen to Dr. Pinkus and the benefits of his snake oil every Sunday morning.

Grizz

Old 12-16-2022, 09:08 PM

Britney Griner attempted to smuggle an illegal substance into Russia and got caught. The Biden circus freed her yet left another American prisoner, accused of espionage, behind instead.

To me this was an injustice. If the American was a spy, he served his country honorably and should have been freed first.

That's how I see it. She was smuggling drugs. She broke the law and knew it.

The Biden circus is more interested in headlines and optics instead of doing what is right.
Old 12-16-2022, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Britney Griner attempted to smuggle an illegal substance into Russia and got caught. The Biden circus freed her yet left another American prisoner, accused of espionage, behind instead.

To me this was an injustice. If the American was a spy, he served his country honorably and should have been freed first.

The Biden circus is more interested in headlines and optics instead of doing what is right.
It’s not about what’s morally or ethically right, it’s all about what’s “popular” and fits the narrative so of course they would pick the country hating “celebrity”!
Old 12-17-2022, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post
Background for the ones that may have missed the latest "news":

So some may or may not know know about the controversial "Prisoner Trade" between the Biden Administration and Russia not too long ago. Brittney Griner(American Black female basketball player)who was knocked off/convicted with drug charges in Russia versus a high profile arms Russian dealer. Griner is a known American flag hating person. I will not get into the "pronoun".

So I was in my workshop this afternoon, listening to Sunny 94 Radio station, from Lacombe, like I do many times. Usually, they are pretty good reporting local, Provincial, and National news (on that one I have a bit of a hard time).

So at 5 o'clock, and previously 2 o'clock, they reported that Griner will be going back to playing basketball next year in the WNBA!!!

Why would they report that? Who cares around here? Stick to the relevant local/Provincial news.

Do Central Alberta, or the rest of the Province really care about Griner? I for one don't...

I'm sure some from Central Alberta folks who listen to this station heard this one....

Pathetic! And I am done with Sunny 94...

This is the first I've heard of this station. Maybe it's owned by a left leaning dude who likes to spread that kind of garbage around. You should send them a note asking them to report on relevant news. It may help.
I don't listen to CHED anymore because of this type of reporting and opinions that lean to the far left. Actually, I don't listen to very much radio at all. I don't watch Global, CTV or CBC for the same reasons.
Old 12-17-2022, 05:59 AM

But will Griner stand for the flag this year?
Old 12-17-2022, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
This is the first I've heard of this station. Maybe it's owned by a left leaning dude who likes to spread that kind of garbage around. You should send them a note asking them to report on relevant news. It may help.
I don't listen to CHED anymore because of this type of reporting and opinions that lean to the far left. Actually, I don't listen to very much radio at all. I don't watch Global, CTV or CBC for the same reasons.
Actually I did. Still waiting for a reply...
Old 12-17-2022, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post

The first you've heard of this come on man it's been on the news for months

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2022, 08:07 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post

Common, Phil!

Hey when you are Phil’s age it’s ok to have a rant now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-17-2022, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post

Read his remark closer.
Old 12-17-2022, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post

Ranting is what keeps us out of the Psych ward.

Grizz

Old 12-17-2022, 09:25 AM

There is no news coming out of central AB. Got a scoop now!

RMH AB
17 Dec 2022
A geezer from RMH was reported to have breathing difficulties after an anxious moment while listening to Sunny 94 Lacombe. The incident went unreported until a social media post revealed that the gentlemen was under distress and seeking help from forum members. Quick to respond, forum members, (mostly) soothed the tortured mind. Some though, seeing an opportunity to twist the knife, are furthering his suffering.

More news and an update are sure to come. Will this thread reach page two...
Old 12-17-2022, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post

Not that old...just get a tad grouchy at times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
There is no news coming out of central AB. Got a scoop now!

RMH AB
17 Dec 2022
A geezer from RMH was reported to have breathing difficulties after an anxious moment while listening to Sunny 94 Lacombe. The incident went unreported until a social media post revealed that the gentlemen was under distress and seeking help from forum members. Quick to respond, forum members, (mostly) soothed the tortured mind. Some though, seeing an opportunity to twist the knife, are furthering his suffering.

More news and an update are sure to come. Will this thread reach page two...
You funny guy...hehe...
Old 12-17-2022, 09:46 AM

Brittney Griner is the only WNBA trade to make mainstream news. Most people didn't know the WNBA existed. Soon the WNBA will fade back into obscurity where it belongs.

WNBA is likely a tax write off for the NBA as the WNBA seems to always lose money.
Old 12-17-2022, 09:51 AM

If you are listening to the news you are part of an older generation. A dying breed. Stand proud. Otherwise, turn that crap off and get on with life.
It doesn’t matter if it’s state-sponsored or paid for by corporations, they are trying to get a message in your head.
I used to date a girl that was compulsive liar. (She was ridiculously hot so I obviously put up with a bunch of crap.) I would always ask myself. Why the hell is she telling me this? Why does she want me to believe what she is saying? If you look at the news that way, it makes more sense.
The younger people don’t watch the news for a reason. It’s not news. Wouldn’t you say it applies here?
Old 12-17-2022, 10:14 AM

Quote:

The first time I heard this reported was on K97 -The Terry Evans Show with Pete Potipcoe.
Terry wasn't on that morning but Pete made mention of it.
He followed up by saying how Ted Nugent was basically a "loud mouth has-been" because Ted brought up the lack of success in bringing back former Marine Paul Whelan, but how easy it was to bring back the druggie, and the seriousness of who they gave up for her.

The K97 morning show will never infect my ears again.
Old 12-17-2022, 11:15 AM

Gotta agree with Phil. I cringe when Meghan, Brtiny, Ellen , Lady Gaga's dog walker and all the other useless crap they try to call news. It seems in North America that uneducated celeberties are treatrd like Gods (Trump) (Kardashians) etc etc. If she wasn't a lesbian of color she would have done the whole sentence.
Old 12-17-2022, 11:23 AM

I guess it's just a reminder that BLM is more important. Arms dealer trade for so called espionage agent. Good trade. The younger gen don't listen to news cause it's not part of THEIR social networking.
Old 12-17-2022, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post

It's the first I've heard of the radio station. Read my post again, slowly.

I've heard the story and was disgusted by this trade as was everyone else.

Thanks for piling on.
Old 12-17-2022, 04:53 PM

I don't usually listen to podcasts, but a caught a piece of recent over from Joe Rogan. He also wasn't impressed with the exchange, butt he also made a different and no less important point. Biden and Co released Russian arms dealer for a dopehead, all while there are thousands of Americans are rotting in American prisons for similar if not lesser offense.
Old 12-17-2022, 06:17 PM

Ok.

As I mentioned before, I sent Sunny 94 Lacombe a message via Messenger on Facebook. But I am a silver fox kinda guy, and cannot cut/paste this stuff into here. So I will take a bit of time, and post all conversations I had with them by typing it. So be patient...hehe

So, I sent them a message about this controversial topic, which was aired on their "radio station" yesterday, at least twice, which I did not agree with at all. Hence my "rant".

As you will see, at first, they were somewhat "adversarial", but the tune changed a tad. But I believe they still deflected, maybe I'm wrong.

Here it goes, starting with the first message I sent. And I am sorry as it may be a bit of a long read. Not sure if anyone can access it on Facebook.

ME:

"Why would your station report about Brittney GRINER saying she will play basketball next year? Highly controversial prisoner exchange with a Russian arms dealer by the Biden administration. I'm sure there are better local stories in Central Alberta to report on"

Sunny 94:

" We have a national news center in Manitoba that covers national news for our site...we of course also cover local stories...as you can see if you look at the "page" this morning I have put up a story of local kids in a skills competition and local road conditions...why not have stories of interest for everyone on our page...if you don't want to read international stories then don't read them"

" PS: we don't have a Brittney GRINER story on our "page". As for the air news, it is done on a Provincial level at the discretion of the news person doing it there. I can pass on your concerns to them. Thanks for your comments. Have a great day."

And then...shortly after.

Sunny 94:

" My apologies Jay, I thought you were referring to our Lacombe online page, not the air news."

ME:

" Yeah, was referring to the air news. Twice yesterday. You guys do a great job on the page with local stuff. Was just surprised with this controversial US story on the radio yesterday. TYVM for your reply...Jay.

Sunny 94:

" Take care Jay, again my apologies for the misunderstanding."

ME:

"All good. I guess what I was trying to say is perhaps a good local radio station should be careful reporting these sensitive "International News". Many in Central Alberta don't really care. Again, TYVM for replying, and I wish you and your staff a Merry Christmas".

No replies to that yet.

If I hear anything more, I will advise...
Old 12-17-2022, 08:12 PM

[QUOTE=Phil McCracken;4590948]Ok.

As I mentioned before, I sent Sunny 94 Lacombe a message via Messenger on Facebook. But I am a silver fox kinda guy, and cannot cut/paste this stuff into here. So I will take a bit of time, and post all conversations I had with them by typing it. So be patient...hehe

So, I sent them a message about this controversial topic, which was aired on their "radio station" yesterday, at least twice, which I did not agree with at all. Hence my "rant".

As you will see, at first, they were somewhat "adversarial", but the tune changed a tad. But I believe they still deflected, maybe I'm wrong.

Here it goes, starting with the first message I sent. And I am sorry as it may be a bit of a long read. Not sure if anyone can access it on Facebook.

ME:

"Why would your station report about Brittney GRINER saying she will play basketball next year? Highly controversial prisoner exchange with a Russian arms dealer by the Biden administration. I'm sure there are better local stories in Central Alberta to report on"

Sunny 94:

" We have a national news center in Manitoba that covers national news for our site...we of course also cover local stories...as you can see if you look at the "page" this morning I have put up a story of local kids in a skills competition and local road conditions...why not have stories of interest for everyone on our page...if you don't want to read international stories then don't read them"

" PS: we don't have a Brittney GRINER story on our "page". As for the air news, it is done on a Provincial level at the discretion of the news person doing it there. I can pass on your concerns to them. Thanks for your comments. Have a great day."

And then...shortly after.

Sunny 94:

" My apologies Jay, I thought you were referring to our Lacombe online page, not the air news."

ME:

" Yeah, was referring to the air news. Twice yesterday. You guys do a great job on the page with local stuff. Was just surprised with this controversial US story on the radio yesterday. TYVM for your reply...Jay.

Sunny 94:

" Take care Jay, again my apologies for the misunderstanding."

ME:

"All good. I guess what I was trying to say is perhaps a good local radio station should be careful reporting these sensitive "International News". Many in Central Alberta don't really care. Again, TYVM for replying, and I wish you and your staff a Merry Christmas".

No replies to that yet.

If I hear anything more, I will advise...[/QUO

Cut paste and copy. Not on this forum though. Sorry but my son and grandson can show it. 6 to 12. Even more. How they can manipulate the computer is beyond me. I'm at a low entry level compared to them. Too many greys. Have had a bunch call me the Silver Fox.
Old 12-18-2022, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Sounds exactly like the clowns in Ottawa that are screwing this country so bad

Mr Conservation